It's been a while, friends.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 07:24:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  It's been a while, friends.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: It's been a while, friends.  (Read 2449 times)
Svensson
NVTownsend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 14, 2012, 11:15:49 PM »
« edited: December 14, 2012, 11:30:43 PM by The Mikado »

Hi. My name's SvenssonRS. Remember me?

I'm going to be honest with you, friends of the forum: I came back in disguise in February because I thought I might get a bit of enjoyment back out of the forum if I just tried to ignore what set me off. And, for a while, it worked. But then, slowly but surely, I started to come to the disheartening realization: not a single one of you hacks, on either the left or the right, had changed a bit, and had in fact worsened. And then came the shooting today.

See, on any other forum - say, perhaps a forum skewed less toward the gullible left - our dear old friend px75 would have been crucified where he stood for trying to make a political statement out of the deaths of children. But not here. Here he's defended and treated as even more of an upstanding citizen for it. To say I'm not disgusted by the reaction would be a lie, but to say I'm surprised would be naive.

So consider this my final farewell, denizens of the hellhole that is Atlas Forum. You won't be seeing me again this time - as of the events of today today, both on the forum and off, my patience with politics finally has finally worn thin enough for me to give up on the subject completely. I'd say it's been fun, but I'd be lying like a true politician.

So to Dallas, Jbrase, Kal, Miles, Nathan, and CountryRoads: thank you for having the decency and reason you always showed. And to my old friends px75, Lief, BRTD, opebo, and Marokai:  you too.[/i]

Adios, Atlas. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 11:21:17 PM »

I never guessed. Alas, you were a good contributor, in both of your incarnations.

And I'm curious, in case you're still on...what're your thoughts about me?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 11:30:31 PM »

okay bye
rejectamenta
Botswana

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 11:32:36 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtCOhtmuzlk
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 11:33:30 PM »

Wow, yeah. I always thought you were a good poster too and will be missed on here. I hope you enjoy leaving the world of following politics. Life is hard enough without the added stress of this sort of thing sometimes. I wish you well.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 11:34:09 PM »

I liked you when you were Svenson.  In fact, I believe we talked sporadically in PM.  But then comes this NVtownsend character who seems very angry and bitter and overly sensitive to everything.  And now this?

What the hell happened?
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 11:41:40 PM »

So should I strike your name from my GOTV list for at-large senate? Tongue

In all seriousness though, you're a good guy. I appreciated you calling out that despicable comment in the shooting thread, so just know that it doesn't go unappreciated. When I saw how things were going over there, I decided I should probably stay out. Or else I'd end up making similar comments to the ones you're making by the end of the night.

Anyhow, farewell,  Mr. Townsend. Godspeed.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 11:58:18 PM »

lol
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2012, 12:18:04 AM »

Stop blaming others for your ridiculous oversensitivity.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012, 12:19:51 AM »

Rats.  Another good poster bites the dust...
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2012, 12:47:40 AM »

Who?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2012, 12:52:34 AM »

Damn! This is like a Professor Layton ending over here! All we need now is for Kal and Hagrid to be secret ninja zombies.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2012, 12:56:59 AM »
« Edited: December 15, 2012, 03:02:48 AM by HagridOfTheDeep »

More like gay robot skeletons. Wink

... God, I love that show.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2012, 02:56:05 AM »

Goodbye, Mr Svensson-Townsend. I hope you do end up finding somewhere with less kneejerk-leftists.

Lief happened.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2012, 03:05:04 AM »

The hell did I do? I interacted with this idiot like twice. I'm sorry that contrary opinions are so offensive to him that he needs to make an attention whore post like this crying about how offended he is and then take his toys and go home.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2012, 03:26:35 AM »

Mr Lief, there is an inksing huge difference between "contrary opinions" and this kind of bullinks:
It's a good thing this country prioritizes low taxes and the rights of paranoid rednecks over mental healthcare and gun control.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2012, 03:46:54 AM »

Mr Lief, there is an inksing huge difference between "contrary opinions" and this kind of bullinks:
It's a good thing this country prioritizes low taxes and the rights of paranoid rednecks over mental healthcare and gun control.

Is there? Most opinions on this site that are contrary to my own seem like bullinks to me, but you don't see me making a whiny thread about, complaining that I'm a persecuted victim, and then running away like a baby.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2012, 03:48:58 AM »
« Edited: December 15, 2012, 03:52:33 AM by Fillon, laisse pas béton ! »

Lief's post, whether you agree with it or not, makes a valid argument. Straight talk and clear-cut rhetoric is normal and healthy in an internet forum, and certainly doesn't make you a hack.

Whining so much about something which 90% of people there have absolutely no problem with indicates that Svensson is the problem, not Lief.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2012, 04:19:06 AM »

Is there? Most opinions on this site that are contrary to my own seem like bullinks to me, but you don't see me making a whiny thread about, complaining that I'm a persecuted victim, and then running away like a baby.

One should note, at this point, that most opinions on this site that are contrary to Lief's are in fact opinions, and not cheap straw-men.

Lief's post, whether you agree with it or not, makes a valid argument. Straight talk and clear-cut rhetoric is normal and healthy in an internet forum, and certainly doesn't make you a hack.

"Straight talk and clear-cut rhetoric" are not the same thing as ludicrous straw-manning and referring to everyone who owns a gun as a "paranoid redneck".

You must be logged in to read this quote.
You do realise, of course, that you are falling prey to the fallacy of "appealing to the majority".
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2012, 05:53:54 AM »

Yeah... we remember you.  You're the guy who went all wacko (literally) and decided to get himself banned.  Well, you'll soon be successful again.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies