It's been a while, friends. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:37:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  It's been a while, friends. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: It's been a while, friends.  (Read 2490 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« on: December 15, 2012, 02:56:05 AM »

Goodbye, Mr Svensson-Townsend. I hope you do end up finding somewhere with less kneejerk-leftists.

Lief happened.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 03:26:35 AM »

Mr Lief, there is an inksing huge difference between "contrary opinions" and this kind of bullinks:
It's a good thing this country prioritizes low taxes and the rights of paranoid rednecks over mental healthcare and gun control.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 04:19:06 AM »

Mr Lief, there is an inksing huge difference between "contrary opinions" and this kind of bullinks:
It's a good thing this country prioritizes low taxes and the rights of paranoid rednecks over mental healthcare and gun control.

Is there? Most opinions on this site that are contrary to my own seem like bullinks to me, but you don't see me making a whiny thread about, complaining that I'm a persecuted victim, and then running away like a baby.

One should note, at this point, that most opinions on this site that are contrary to Lief's are in fact opinions, and not cheap straw-men.

Lief's post, whether you agree with it or not, makes a valid argument. Straight talk and clear-cut rhetoric is normal and healthy in an internet forum, and certainly doesn't make you a hack.

"Straight talk and clear-cut rhetoric" are not the same thing as ludicrous straw-manning and referring to everyone who owns a gun as a "paranoid redneck".

You must be logged in to read this quote.
You do realise, of course, that you are falling prey to the fallacy of "appealing to the majority".
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies