It's been a while, friends. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:53:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  It's been a while, friends. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: It's been a while, friends.  (Read 2501 times)
Svensson
NVTownsend

« on: December 14, 2012, 11:15:49 PM »
« edited: December 14, 2012, 11:30:43 PM by The Mikado »

Hi. My name's SvenssonRS. Remember me?

I'm going to be honest with you, friends of the forum: I came back in disguise in February because I thought I might get a bit of enjoyment back out of the forum if I just tried to ignore what set me off. And, for a while, it worked. But then, slowly but surely, I started to come to the disheartening realization: not a single one of you hacks, on either the left or the right, had changed a bit, and had in fact worsened. And then came the shooting today.

See, on any other forum - say, perhaps a forum skewed less toward the gullible left - our dear old friend px75 would have been crucified where he stood for trying to make a political statement out of the deaths of children. But not here. Here he's defended and treated as even more of an upstanding citizen for it. To say I'm not disgusted by the reaction would be a lie, but to say I'm surprised would be naive.

So consider this my final farewell, denizens of the hellhole that is Atlas Forum. You won't be seeing me again this time - as of the events of today today, both on the forum and off, my patience with politics finally has finally worn thin enough for me to give up on the subject completely. I'd say it's been fun, but I'd be lying like a true politician.

So to Dallas, Jbrase, Kal, Miles, Nathan, and CountryRoads: thank you for having the decency and reason you always showed. And to my old friends px75, Lief, BRTD, opebo, and Marokai:  you too.[/i]

Adios, Atlas. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies