Gov. Chafee (I-RI) open to running as a Democrat in 2014 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:17:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Gov. Chafee (I-RI) open to running as a Democrat in 2014 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Lincoln Chafee will:
run for reelection as an Independent

run for reelection as a Democrat

run for reelection as a Republican

not run for reelection

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 36

Author Topic: Gov. Chafee (I-RI) open to running as a Democrat in 2014  (Read 1961 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: December 20, 2012, 04:47:34 PM »

I could see him running as a Democrat or Independent, but he may not even run at all.  If he does, then I hope he stays an Independent.  If it weren't for the ideological purity hacks in the GOP, he might still be a Republican today.

Nah, Chafee had to go. From what I remember, he voted against his party nearly every single time. Sure, you can tolerate moderates. However, the man was clearly well outside the bounds of anything moderate. Hell, if I'm right, he voted against the Iraq War, which would put him to the left of friggin' John Kerry.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 05:14:49 PM »

I could see him running as a Democrat or Independent, but he may not even run at all.  If he does, then I hope he stays an Independent.  If it weren't for the ideological purity hacks in the GOP, he might still be a Republican today.

Nah, Chafee had to go. From what I remember, he voted against his party nearly every single time. Sure, you can tolerate moderates. However, the man was clearly well outside the bounds of anything moderate. Hell, if I'm right, he voted against the Iraq War, which would put him to the left of friggin' John Kerry.

Yes, a shame the man voted against a war that proved extraordinarily expensive, unusually unpopular, and completely unwarranted given that they never found those "weapons of mass destruction."

That's not the point I'm trying to make, and I thought you'd know better than that. The point is that the man opposed his party at every turn, to the point of being tot he left of a number of Democrats. Sure, you can have moderates (as your name indicates) however, the man was far outside the bounds of even the most "moderate" of moderates.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies