Office of ZuWo - Fresh start in the Pacific!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:17:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of ZuWo - Fresh start in the Pacific!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20
Author Topic: Office of ZuWo - Fresh start in the Pacific!  (Read 33214 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2013, 03:56:29 PM »

We could propose an amendment to give the regions supremacy over such issues.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2013, 09:36:40 AM »
« Edited: January 10, 2013, 09:42:26 AM by ZuWo »

We could propose an amendment to give the regions supremacy over such issues.

I'm not sure if such an amendment could get the necessary support but I definitely like the idea of the regions having supremacy over as many issues as possible, including prostitution.

A few words about my support for the referendum on the Amendment to the Labor Relations Act:

I think it's important that every employee has the right to join a union. Unions play an essential role in a free-market society because they (ideally) represent the interests of the workers against those of companies, which creates a necessary balance of power between the employer and the employees. However, I cannot support a bill which makes it possible that employees can be forced to join a union - and that's precisely one of the main goals of this bill since the following clause has been removed from the original text:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I urge my fellow Mideasterners to vote down this proposal once it comes to a popular vote. The existing statute, the recent Amendment to the Labor Relations Act, dating back to November 2012, or the original statute from February 2011, clearly are better and less radical solutions.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2013, 03:57:38 PM »

Voting has started and I encourage you all to cast your vote in the regional elections and the referenda. This has been an exciting race and regardless of the outcome I'd like to thank the other candidates for an issue-based and interesting campaign.

Now go out and vote! Smiley
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2013, 08:03:19 AM »

The elections for Mideast governor and Assembly are well underway. I urge those who haven't voted yet to go to the voting booth and vote for the candidates of their choice.

It looks like I have received enough first preferences to be elected on the first count (which means I don't need any more first preferences). Thank you very much! It's a great honor for me. Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2013, 08:08:24 AM »

Let me be the first to congratulate you on your victory Smiley
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2013, 08:40:20 AM »

Indeed, congratulations! I can't imagine a scenario at this point in which you fail to win a seat.... Smiley
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2013, 08:42:16 AM »

Congrats dawg! When do you officially take your seat?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2013, 09:21:21 AM »

Thank you, Mr. X., Franzl and Cathcon. If nothing unforeseeable happens, I will take my seat next Friday.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2013, 10:05:44 AM »

Congratulations, Assemblyman-elect ZuWo! I look forward to working with you this session if I am reelected. You've always been a great proponent of The People. Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2013, 12:07:37 PM »

I look forward to working with you next session! Smiley
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2013, 02:10:06 PM »

Thank you, Texas Dem and Tmthforu94.

Also, a belated thanks to the Liberal Party and The People's Party for their endorsements. Wink
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2013, 02:26:08 PM »

As your election is approaching a mathematical certainty, congratulations and welcome back to the Mideast regional government!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2013, 02:28:18 PM »

As your election is approaching a mathematical certainty, congratulations and welcome back to the Mideast regional government!

If all else fails, I fortunately still have a vote that I could cast for myself. Wink

Thank you!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2013, 07:57:34 AM »

Now that the election results are certified I'd like to congratulate Inks, Oldiesfreaks, Texas Dem and Gass on their election to the Assembly and governor Tmthforu94 on his re-election.

If anything, this election has produced conflicting results. On the one hand, the "left" emerged victorious from the votes on the "Amendment to the Labor Relations Act" and the "Mideast Abortion Initiative". On the other hand, thanks to massive electoral gains the "right" now has a majority in the Assembly. Clearly, this isn't a mandate for extreme policies of any kind. Indeed, what the Mideastern people apparently want are solutions that are conservative and pragmatic. I am willing to fight for that.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2013, 09:30:06 AM »

The Abortion Law will obviously be amended, but don't you think the "Amendment to the Labor Relations Law" passed with enough of a margin to render it untouchable over the next session, Assemblyman-elect?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2013, 09:51:38 AM »

I have no intention to amend the labor relations law at this point. I respect the clear will of the people. However, I think there is room for middle ground on the issue of abortion. A narrow majority of the Mideastern electorate wanted to change the current abortion statute, but I'm not sure if all of the people who voted AYE fully supported the initiative. That's why I think a compromise between both positions can be found.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2013, 02:32:45 PM »

I have no intention to amend the labor relations law at this point. I respect the clear will of the people. However, I think there is room for middle ground on the issue of abortion. A narrow majority of the Mideastern electorate wanted to change the current abortion statute, but I'm not sure if all of the people who voted AYE fully supported the initiative. That's why I think a compromise between both positions can be found.

I'm quite certain that some of the people who voted aye also wanted a stronger liberalisation.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2013, 03:52:37 AM »

Re-elect Assemblyman ZuWo

Greetings citizens of the Mideast,

I hereby announce that I am seeking re-election to the Mideast Assembly. In the present term of the Assembly, both the more liberal and the more conservative members of our regional legislature have managed to find common ground on a couple of crucial issues. While the previous session of the Assembly was marked by heated conflicts at times, this session can certainly be considered more peaceful and less ideological.

By introducing an amendment to the Mideast Abortion Statute and an amendment to the Mideast Firearms Safety Act I fulfilled two of my most prominent campaign promises. I am very satisfied that both of these amendments were passed unanimously and want to express my gratitude to my Assembly colleagues on both sides of the aisle.

To underline what I have just said I would like to direct your attention to the following statistics provided by the Speaker of the Assembly:

28th Assembly Statistics - Issue 3

Through 3-1/13
Final Votes: 6
Amendment Votes: 5
Veto Override Votes: 0

MemberNot VotingVotingABSTAINYES/NO
Inks.LWC0%100%0%100%
ZuWwo0%100%0%100%
Gass326827%73%0%73%
Oldiesfreak18%82%0%82%
TexasDem0%100%0%100%

Member 1Member 2Matching Vote Percentage
Inks.LWCZuWo72%
Inks.LWCGass326850%
Inks.LWCOldiesfreak44%
Inks.LWCTexasDemocrat55%
ZuWoGass326875%
ZuWoOldiesfreak67%
ZuWoTexasDemocrat45%
Gass3268Oldiesfreak100%
Gass3268TexasDemocrat75%
OldiesfreakTexasDemocrat89%

Clearly, I am a conservative member of the Federalist Party and I am not afraid to express my views. At the same time, my philosophy is that I'd rather try my best to get a compromise version of a bill passed than not to have any solution at all.

I am looking forward to an interesting campaign and election!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2013, 04:00:34 AM »

I heartily endorse you!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2013, 04:13:00 AM »

While I would certainly like to see fewer Federalists in the Mideast Assembly, I would very much like to see you be one of them. Smiley
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2013, 04:18:03 AM »

While I would certainly like to see fewer Federalists in the Mideast Assembly, I would very much like to see you be one of them. Smiley

No offense, but it's comments like that that have made people hesitant about you as GM.  Not saying I oppose your confirmation... just maybe ease back a bit. Smiley
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2013, 04:25:24 AM »

No offense, but it's comments like that that have made people hesitant about you as GM.  Not saying I oppose your confirmation... just maybe ease back a bit. Smiley

Sorry. It was genuinely meant as a compliment to someone who I believe understands it as such.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2013, 04:33:25 AM »

Thanks to both of you, Inks and Griffin! Actually, I interpreted Griffin's comment more as a tongue-in-cheek remark which I consider acceptable in a political context so I hope no one takes offence. Wink
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2013, 08:44:54 AM »

I've always found Assemblyman ZuWo to be a reasonable, independent-minded, and respectful straight-shooter both in and out of the Assembly.  We may not always agree politically, but if there were more like him, it would only help Atlasia!

Enthusiastically endorsed Smiley
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2013, 09:14:15 AM »

A great Atlasian. Smiley ENDORSED!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20  
« previous next »