Office of ZuWo - Fresh start in the Pacific!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 08:21:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of ZuWo - Fresh start in the Pacific!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 20
Author Topic: Office of ZuWo - Fresh start in the Pacific!  (Read 33165 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: April 22, 2013, 03:37:42 PM »

Wow, that's really awesome! Thank you very much. Smiley
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #101 on: April 22, 2013, 05:23:08 PM »

I was unsure at the beginning of the race as to who I would vote for, but I think you have run a great campaign so far, Zuwo. I give you and Cathcon my most enthusiastic endorsement!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #102 on: April 23, 2013, 02:42:22 AM »

Thank you, Lumine. I'm glad you appreciate our campaign. Wink
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #103 on: April 23, 2013, 04:25:12 PM »

Endorsed for first preference
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #104 on: April 23, 2013, 04:34:15 PM »

Thank you, Senator. It's an honor. Smiley
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #105 on: April 24, 2013, 09:05:12 AM »

We are proud to reveal our official campaign banner. Thanks to homelycooking for creating it! Smiley

ZuWo-Cathcon means experience and leadership. We have both served in the Mideast Assembly for a combined 14 terms. Additionally, we bring one term as Mideast Governor and two presidential campaigns to the table. During our time in office we have put great emphasis on collaborating with people of all parties to move our region forward. We fully intend to work in the same fashion if we are elected Governor and Lt. Governor.
There are several challenges on the horizon for our region; the state of our infrastructure, the constitutional obligation to pass a balanced budget, the Wiki, just to name a couple of important examples, and we want to tackle each one of them. We may not be perfect, but we promise to be active leaders.

It is for these reasons that we think we are ready and able to govern the largest region in Atlasia. The Mideast is in good shape, and we will do everything we can to continue the success story of our region.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #106 on: April 24, 2013, 06:55:39 PM »

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all of you who have endorsed us, it means a great deal to this campaign to be receiving support from people both from our region, and from other places in this great land. I'd like to offer special thanks to those who went outside of their party to endorse us, including my old opponent for the office of President, Marokai. Thanks to you all.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #107 on: April 24, 2013, 09:05:28 PM »

You guys are running a great campaign.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #108 on: April 24, 2013, 09:26:24 PM »

You guys are running a great campaign.
Yes, for sure! I really like your proposals.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #109 on: April 24, 2013, 10:09:12 PM »

When you keep referring to the Wiki in campaigning, are you mainly referring to clarifying what specifically the Governor and Lt. Governor should be doing?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #110 on: April 25, 2013, 01:54:46 AM »

When you keep referring to the Wiki in campaigning, are you mainly referring to clarifying what specifically the Governor and Lt. Governor should be doing?

Our first priority will be to keep the Wiki up to date. I think you as Governor have done a good job on that front so we will simply try to continue your work. But yes, another idea is to clarify the responsibilities of the Governor/Lt. Governor with regards to the Wiki. We will come up with such a proposal soon.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #111 on: April 25, 2013, 07:19:55 AM »

What are your views on the following issues:

- Campaign Finance Reform
- Deregistration Reform (federal issue, but still would like to know your thoughts)
- The region's current abortion laws
- The region's current labor laws
- Fracking
- The current regional income and corporate tax rates
- Increasing the powers of the LG office
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #112 on: April 25, 2013, 09:56:35 AM »
« Edited: April 25, 2013, 11:02:02 AM by ZuWo »

What are your views on the following issues:

- Campaign Finance Reform
- Deregistration Reform (federal issue, but still would like to know your thoughts)
- The region's current abortion laws
- The region's current labor laws
- Fracking
- The current regional income and corporate tax rates
- Increasing the powers of the LG office

I can only speak for myself because I haven't discussed all of these issues with Cathcon yet so here's what I think:

- Campaign Finance Reform: With all due respect, that doesn't seem relevant to me in Atlasia. Tongue Thus, I'm not planning to introduce any bill on this issue.
- Deregistration reform: I think the status quo is alright. Someone who doesn't want to participate in the game anymore can simple stop voting so he/she will be removed from the voter rolls after three federal elections. However, if the Senate manages to pass a bill which doesn't create additional problems (e.g. a court case like the one mentioned in the debate thread), I'm fine with that, too.
- Abortion laws: You and I know that I consider myself pro-life/anti-abortion/anti-choice (whichever you prefer Tongue) so in my ideal world abortions would be outlawed. Yet, since the Mideast is a region that is quite diverse politically speaking I stand behind the current abortion statute, which is a compromise most people can live with.
- Labor laws: I generally support the recently passed "Labor Relations Act" but I want it to include a clause which states that an employee cannot be forced to join a union because that, in my view, is a violation of one's right to freedom of association. Nevertheless, the people of the Mideast have spoken and approved of the "Labor Relations Act" so I accept that.
- Fracking is an issue which we have to approach carefully. While fracking is a very interesting method from an economic point of view there are certain environmental risks involved, though the scientific community appears to be split on the question whether these effects are severe or not. I think we should give fracking a chance and put a special emphasis on environment-friendly techonologies, such as "clean (or advanced) fracking".  
- Taxes: I am of the opinion that our regional taxes need not be lowered. Our income and corporate tax rates are low enough to ensure that the Mideast remains competitive. If anything, the federal tax rates must be lowered, and I am glad to see that the Senate has taken certain steps in that direction.
- LG: I opposed the re-establishment of the Lt. Governor and what I have seen so far hasn't really convinced me otherwise. The Lt. Governor only has a couple of "behind-the-scenes" duties, which does little to strengthen the public appeal of the position. So yes, if we want to make the office of Lt. Governor more attractive and effective, we need to increase its powers. However, this only seems possible if we take some of these powers away from the Governor, and I am not sure if I like this idea. Thus, as I said above, I am still not convinced that it was a good idea to re-establish the office of Lt. Governor. Of course, if I am elected Governor I will do as much as I can to involve my Lt. Governor Cathcon in my executive work.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #113 on: April 25, 2013, 04:19:14 PM »

As for myself, I'd like to state that, on the whole, I agree with Mr. ZuWo on the issues addressed, though I myself am currently content with the role the Lieutenant Governor in our region. Wink
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #114 on: April 25, 2013, 04:45:14 PM »

As for myself, I'd like to state that, on the whole, I agree with Mr. ZuWo on the issues addressed, though I myself am currently content with the role the Lieutenant Governor in our region. Wink
So are you saying that as Lt. Governor, you will do little to try and help define and shape the position into one of relevance? Part of making it a good, relevant position is getting individuals in there who want to see it as such.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #115 on: April 25, 2013, 05:35:36 PM »

So are you saying that as Lt. Governor, you will do little to try and help define and shape the position into one of relevance? Part of making it a good, relevant position is getting individuals in there who want to see it as such.
Sir, you seem to have little grasp of the facetious. My unique sense of humor will have a very large presence in my press conferences as Lieutenant Governor. All that I am saying, truly, is that I will accept my duties as they are. Nevertheless--now hear me out here--I welcome any and all opportunities the office presents and would, without hesitation, work with future Governor ZuWo in formulating policy and promoting the office. However, the Governor is the first and most powerful executive in the region and should remain so.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #116 on: April 26, 2013, 04:18:57 AM »

Sir, you seem to have little grasp of the facetious. My unique sense of humor will have a very large presence in my press conferences as Lieutenant Governor.

And that's, among many other "serious" reasons, why I have picked Cathcon as my Lt. Governor. Being aware of the possibility that Cathcon may outshine me, I'm confident that his truly unique sense of humor will be a boon for this office. Wink
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #117 on: April 26, 2013, 06:31:33 AM »

Constitutional Amendment regarding the regional Wiki

As promised I have put forward a constitutional amendment to clarify the duties of the Governor and Lt. Governor with regards to the regional Wiki. Since the Wiki is an essential aspect of the game and the Mideast Constitution provides for severe consequences for governors who do not update the Wiki in an appropriate manner, we need more specific guidelines. Indeed, I think my amendment provides just that. I am looking forward to debating the amendment in the Assembly and in public and welcome any additional suggestions or ideas.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #118 on: April 26, 2013, 03:37:22 PM »
« Edited: May 13, 2013, 02:22:13 AM by ZuWo »

List of endorsements (in chronological order)

Speaker of the Mideast Assembly Inks
Senator (and soon-to-be President? Tongue) Clarence
Former Pacific Governor and Senator Spamage
Senator and soon-to-be SoIA Matt from VT
Senator HagridoftheDeep
Supersonic
Former Northeast Governor Winfield
Former Mideast Assemblyman JCL
Former Mideast Assemblyman Oldiesfreak1854
Northeast Representative Goldwater
President Marokai Blue
Mideast Assemblyman Lumine von Reuental
Senator X
Former Senator and Superior Court Judge TJ in Cleve/Wisco
Former Pacific Governor and Senator Oakvale
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #119 on: April 28, 2013, 12:03:29 AM »

каково ваше мнение асексуальный транссексуалы виктимология?
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #120 on: April 28, 2013, 12:08:29 AM »

Endorsed! You were an excellent governor last time and I can think of no one better to retake the reins once Governor Tmthforu retires!

I'd also like to point out how exceptional it is that both members of your ticket have been major-party presidential candidates. That is some formidable experience indeed.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #121 on: April 28, 2013, 03:57:28 AM »
« Edited: April 28, 2013, 04:01:01 AM by ZuWo »

To address the question that was asked in Russian (I suppose):

Yes, I like kitties if that's what you want to know. Perhaps not to the same extent as you do, but I still think they are cute. Wink

Endorsed! You were an excellent governor last time and I can think of no one better to retake the reins once Governor Tmthforu retires!

I'd also like to point out how exceptional it is that both members of your ticket have been major-party presidential candidates. That is some formidable experience indeed.

Thank you, TJ. With the judicial branch on our side nothing can stop us. Tongue
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #122 on: April 28, 2013, 04:28:58 AM »

Yes, I like kitties if that's what you want to know. Perhaps not to the same extent as you do, but I still think they are cute. Wink

Unless 'kitty' is some kind of new slang word for 'asexual trans victimologist', I don't think you're answering his question. Wink
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #123 on: April 28, 2013, 04:37:38 AM »

Unless 'kitty' is some kind of new slang word for 'asexual trans victimologist', I don't think you're answering his question. Wink

I refuse to use "Google Translate" in an Atlasia-related context, so you might very well be right. Wink
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #124 on: April 28, 2013, 06:50:37 AM »
« Edited: April 28, 2013, 07:01:16 AM by ZuWo »

On the Question of a Secret Ballot

Candidate for Mideast Assembly a Person has asked Clinton1996/Siren about their stance on introducing a secret ballot (to read the question and Siren's answer click here), and I would like to offer my thoughts on this question as well.

My personal opinion on this issue is that we should pursue the idea of introducing a secret ballot and consider all options that are available.

Indeed, I believe it would make our game more democratic if ballots were not cast publicly. Voters could cast their ballots for the candidates of their choice without having to fear negative consequences of any sort. I am convinced that Atlasian elections would be much less partisan and more peaceful with a secret ballot system. Additionally, we would no longer have to see elections where people campaign for the invalidation of votes or put others under pressure to vote a certain way. All in all, I absolutely think that the game would become more fair with a secret ballot system.
It seems evident, however, that in order to establish a secret ballot system we need a method which is 100% safe and trustworthy. Is that difficult to achieve? Yes. Is it impossible? No, I don't think so.

I can think of two ways in which we could establish a secret ballot system.

1. Off-site elections.
2. A system whereby each Atlasian voter receives a secret code by the SoFE, then sends his/her vote to the SoFE and the SoFE publishes the code and the respective vote in a special thread. This way, voters can verify that their vote has been counted but no one (with the exception of the SoFE) can see how a certain person has voted.

I am leaning towards the second idea, but I am aware that a new and revolutionary system like this requires careful consideration. If there are questions, comments or additional ideas I will be glad to answer and discuss them. Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies