Marokai Blue v Most Serene Republic of the Midwest
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:40:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Marokai Blue v Most Serene Republic of the Midwest
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Marokai Blue v Most Serene Republic of the Midwest  (Read 711 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 20, 2012, 08:45:21 PM »

I hereby petition the Supreme Court of Atlasia to hear the case of my client, Marokai Blue, against his regional government, on the following grounds:

(1) The Fourth Midwestern Constitution does not specify a regional official to hear court cases.
(2) The elected officials of the region have demonstrated such extreme inactivity that determining any regional official to administer a court case would almost certainly be futile.
(3) The regional elected officials are the negligent parties in this lawsuit.
(4) The Third Midwest Constitution explicitly specified the Supreme Court of Atlasia as the regional court of the Midwest so precedent exists here anyway.
(5) Article IV, Section 1, Clause 3 of the Federal Constitution gives the Supreme Court the authority to oversee regional election disputes when no ability to do so is possible under regional law.

Your honors, my client seeks legal relief due to his regional government's inability to hold elections within the regionally mandated time frame.

Section II, Clause (c) of the Fourth Midwestern Constitution states, in part:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Section II, Clause (d), also states in part:

I note that the second Thursday of the month was one week ago. Elections for both Kommissær and Wisard Ekstraordinar should be ending today, but they were never held.

Furthermore, I note that this lapse on behalf of the Midwest Region's elected officials violates the wording of the regional Constitution's Section III, Clause D, which states in part:

The people of the Most Serene Republic of the Midwest have certainly not received free and fair elections: they have in fact not been allowed to have their election at all.

Due to this lapse, I hereby request an injunction from this Court that the Midwest's elections be held immediately, and administered by a court-appointed official if necessary.

Thank you for your time.

-BACON KINGMAN: ATTORNEY AT LAW
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 09:01:59 PM »

I thank Bacon King for representing me in this case and presenting it in such an excellent and prompt fashion.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 05:11:24 PM »

*ahem* Tongue
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 08:03:11 PM »

We're unanimously granting the authority to open and administer the voting booth to you, Marokai, so that normalcy may be restored to the Midwest's electoral process as quickly as possible.  This is in following with precedent of other regions when elected officials responsible for overseeing elections disappeared.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies