2024: Shattering the Glass Ceiling
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:43:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  2024: Shattering the Glass Ceiling
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2024: Shattering the Glass Ceiling  (Read 3614 times)
Anna Komnene
Siren

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 24, 2012, 12:08:09 AM »

This is a match-up of two all female tickets in 2024.  Either way, we get the first woman president if it didn't already happen before.  I selected the candidates through a combination of research and personal interest...  FTR, I actually didn't know what the outcome would be before my partner made the EV changes.  It's a close race and maybe could go either way.  How does everyone think the campaign would go?

Big thanks goes to OAM for recalculating what the EV might be in 2024.

Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) / Lisa Madigan (D-IL)  vs Kelly Ayotte (R-NH) / Kristi Noem (R-SD)

Gillibrand/Madigan: 270 (49.7%)
Ayotte/Noem: 268 (49.2%)
Other Candidates: 0 (1.1%)
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 12:10:57 AM »

Indiana voting Democratic seems really off, considering the Rust Belt as a whole is trending Republican; I have the opposite complaint about Colorado. I also think Maine is too Democratic for the state as a whole to vote Republican in reaction to an NH politician being nominated -- a 3-1 split sounds reasonable.

Otherwise, looking forward to this TL very much!...though you'll find I'm a very nitpicky admirer.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 12:15:38 AM »

Why does Indiana go Democratic and Ohio Republican?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 07:40:58 PM »

Is this after eight years of a Hillary Clinton administration? 
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 12:16:07 AM »

Looks promising! Smiley

I will say, though, as "the Hoosier" of the forum, I can't see Madigan having that sort of pull. Unless it is a landslide, a Democrat won't be winning Indiana for quite some time, especially in an election this razor-thin. Despite the Donnelly win, the Democratic party here is in shambles - in 2000, they had the Governorship, a Senator, and majorities in both chambers of the Assembly. Today, they still manage to hold a Senate seat (which was handed to them on a silver platter), but have lost the Governorship and only hold one statewide race. Republicans gained 12 seats in 2010 in the House and an additional 9 this year after redistricting, bringing our totals to 69/100 in the House and 37/50 in the Senate. Essentially, I don't see the Democrats coming close to taking back Indiana for at least a decade, probably even longer.
Knives
solopop
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 10:34:23 PM »

Election 2024 - Rubio elected to succeed Christie
In the 2024 presidential election, Vice President Marco Rubio and Health and Human Services Secretary Bobby Jindal were elected President and Vice President. Running on a platform which consisted of tax reform, reforms to social security & medicare, and increased defense spending, the republicans will succeed popular President Chris Christie. After winning 51% of the vote and winning over 300 electoral college votes, Rubio and Jindal defeat Governor Kristen Gillibrand of New York, who remains the sitting governor of that state. After serving in the U.S. Senate, Gillibrand was elected Governor of New York in 2018 after 2016 Democratic Presidential Nominee Andrew Cuomo announced he would not seek a third term. Gillibrand's running mate, Senator Harold Ford Jr. of Maryland, has won re-election to the U.S. Senate from Maryland. Ford once held a political career in his native state of Tennessee, but left public office until winning a senate seat in Maryland in 2018.

What are you doing?
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 10:44:32 PM »

In the 2024 presidential election, Vice President Marco Rubio and Health and Human Services Secretary Bobby Jindal were elected President and Vice President. Running on a platform which consisted of tax reform, reforms to social security & medicare, and increased defense spending, the republicans will succeed popular President Chris Christie. After winning 51% of the vote and winning over 300 electoral college votes, Rubio and Jindal defeat Governor Kristen Gillibrand of New York, who remains the sitting governor of that state. After serving in the U.S. Senate, Gillibrand was elected Governor of New York in 2018 after 2016 Democratic Presidential Nominee Andrew Cuomo announced he would not seek a third term. Gillibrand's running mate, Senator Harold Ford Jr. of Maryland, has won re-election to the U.S. Senate from Maryland. Ford once held a political career in his native state of Tennessee, but left public office until winning a senate seat in Maryland in 2018.

What are you doing?
He's TL Tapping again. He did it yesterday on the President Dole TL too.
Knives
solopop
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 10:52:52 PM »

What are you doing?

I think he needs a ban.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2012, 10:55:20 PM »

What are you doing?

I think he needs a ban.
I brought it up to the Mods in the Forum Community thread.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies