Northeast Assembly Thread II (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:31:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Assembly Thread II (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Northeast Assembly Thread II  (Read 44065 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« on: December 26, 2013, 09:36:00 PM »

I wish to thank  Governor SirNick for the confidence he has shown in me in appointing me to the Northeast Assembly.

As a former Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Representative, and Speaker, I have a history in this esteemed legislative institution, and I have every confidence, that, together, we, as the representatives of the good people of the Northeast, will be moving this great region forward in their service.

I look forward to the debate and the enactment of positive legislation during this term.

Congratulations to all those elected.       
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 10:37:32 PM »
« Edited: December 26, 2013, 10:49:56 PM by Lincoln Republican »

(Expressing my views prior to the session opening)

With reference to the Uniform December Election Day Amendment, this amendment makes sense.

Due to the holiday season, December is a month where many people are unavailable and have many other engagements.  

Therefore, special provisions should be made to accommodate these circumstances, such as in this amendment.

The only changes I would make would be for clarification, wherever it states his should be changed to his or her, and wherever it states he should be changed to he or she.  
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 08:03:16 PM »

[X] cinyc
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 10:52:46 PM »

Best wishes to you Earthling in whatever path you choose to follow. 
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 10:34:13 AM »
« Edited: December 18, 2014, 10:38:59 AM by Lincoln Republican »

Mr. Lieutenant Governor, could you not re-introduce this amendment for the vote on the amendment for Non-Sitting Days?

I believe it is important that these dates become non-sitting days.

I will certainly vote aye on this amendment should the amendment be re-introduced.

I believe  the other Representatives have simply not yet checked into the Assembly thread, otherwise, I am sure this amendment would receive unanimous support.  
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 10:40:33 AM »

I nominate SirNick for Speaker.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 08:27:01 PM »

I would like to nominate Winfield for Speaker.

Thank you very much.  I am honored, however, I respectfully decline the nomination.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 10:36:12 AM »

Aye
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 12:41:38 PM »
« Edited: January 06, 2015, 12:54:14 PM by Lincoln Republican »

I would like to take just a moment to bid adieu to my colleagues in the Assembly.  Until quite recently, I have thoroughly enjoyed being a member of this body, and I wish all of luck going forward.  I hope that the reasons for my resignation will persuade members to adopt more constructive and conciliatory methods of debate.  See you all around. Smiley

Barnes, I am sorry to see you resign from the Assembly under these unfortunate circumstances, and would, at this time, like to personally thank you for your service to the Northeast and to Atlasia.

I would much rather that the Assembly could have worked out differences amicably rather than acrimoniously.

I have to say that I feel as responsible as anyone for this situation, and for that I am sorry.  However, of late, debate, discussion, and statements in the Assembly, from various individuals, myself and others, have been less than admirable.

I am hopeful that we in the Assembly can work out our differences in a mutually acceptable and agreeable way.

In the meanwhile, all the best to you in your future endeavors.  
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2015, 11:09:06 PM »

I will be supporting Blair for Speaker when the election for Speaker is held.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2015, 03:51:10 PM »

24 hours has now passed, and since no other names have been nominated I hereby declared that Blair has been elected as Speaker to the Northeast Assembly, and shall assume the position as of now

Does that feel awkward, Representative Blair declares Representative Blair as Speaker Blair?  Smiley
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2015, 10:53:52 AM »

If nominated, I shall not run.

If elected, I shall not serve.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2015, 06:20:12 PM »

Most of you know me, for better or for worse.  Smiley

Governor Pikachu has asked me to serve in the Assembly until the end of this term to fill the vacancy that exists, and I have accepted.

It is a privilege for me to continue my work as a servant of the people of the Northeast.

I look forward to working with each of you.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2015, 11:07:01 AM »

Is anything happening in the Northeast Assembly? 

Since my appointment August 12 to fill in the rest of the term because of a vacancy, I have been checking in every day, more than once a day, and there is nothing going on in the Assembly.

Is it going to be like this until the election? 

If so, why bother even appointing anyone to the Assembly to fill a vacancy?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies