Hanabusa being pressured to run against Abercrombie (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:31:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Hanabusa being pressured to run against Abercrombie (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hanabusa being pressured to run against Abercrombie  (Read 1797 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: December 27, 2012, 07:05:25 PM »

Yes. They're acting like she was entitled to this Senate seat and was wrongfully denied. I greatly respected Daniel Inouye and I understand he wanted his protege to succeed him, but the seat wasn't his property he can pass in last will. It's up for the Governor and the party (as per Hawaii law) to decide and they can't he hold hostages by one faction, screaming about last will being violated. Sorry. 
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 08:00:27 AM »

Yes. They're acting like she was entitled to this Senate seat and was wrongfully denied. I greatly respected Daniel Inouye and I understand he wanted his protege to succeed him, but the seat wasn't his property he can pass in last will. It's up for the Governor and the party (as per Hawaii law) to decide and they can't he hold hostages by one faction, screaming about last will being violated. Sorry.  

I agree, but you don't understand how hated Abercrombie already is in Hawaii. Everyone wanted him to be primaried anyway (and I doubt he'd have run for reelection regardless). I also don't think Schatz is likely to recover from this, politically (though he was already tarred with being Abercrombie's LG), and will probably not end up sticking around long.
'
Indeed, I don't understand. I'm not very familiar with Hawaii state politics. What exactly did Abercrombie do (apart of the recent thing) to be hated?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies