Clinton1996/Siren for the Mideast: TOWN HALL IN PROGRESS
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:15:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Clinton1996/Siren for the Mideast: TOWN HALL IN PROGRESS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Clinton1996/Siren for the Mideast: TOWN HALL IN PROGRESS  (Read 2234 times)
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2013, 08:45:01 PM »

Regardless of who wins, I want to wish both of you luck. Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2013, 08:57:38 PM »

Great ticket! Super endorsement.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2013, 03:46:35 PM »

I congratulate our winners on their election to the Senate. And with the Federal Elections over, it's time to turn our heads forward, to the future of the Mideast. Now the real work begins. In the coming days, my campaign will lay out its plans for the future, and I will be holding a Town Hall Friday, April 26th. All questioners are welcome.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2013, 04:59:38 PM »

I'd like to announce that the Town Hall Forum will begin today at 6. All questioners and questions are welcome.
My Platform
Abortion: I do support the compromise that the Governor made with the Assembly, but, if a movement did come about to further liberalize it, I would support it. But to be frank, I'd rather focus on economic issues.
Tax Rates: The budgetary acts that have passed the Assembly have been successful. We have balanced budgets and are prosperous. And so, I believe in a 10% Tax Cut for those Mideasterners making less than 100,000 dollars annual income.
Climate Change:I support the Cap-In-Trade law that passed the 28th Assembly, and the Carbon Tax Act of 2008.
Budget: I will propose a budget every fiscal year. I'd expect it to be at least close to balance, unless dire economic circumstance.
Infastructure: Our region's Infastructure is out of date and old. I plan on pumping about 1.5 Billion into updating it. I commend Gass and Tmthforu on their bill currently before the Assembly. A High-Speed Rail system is exactly what we need, and one that connects us to the rest of Atlasia is even better.
Lieutenant Governor: I would expect my Lt. Governor to take an active role in regional affairs. They would be my partner, and I'd seek their advice before signing or vetoing laws. I want someone who will actively participate in Assembly Debates upon bills, and will speak up for what they believe. I don't want a Yes-Man. That movie was just awful.
Wiki Access: I would continue the great work that Tmthforu has done in updating our wiki. When he came in, it was an utter mess.
 Any questions or concerns?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2013, 07:45:10 PM »

It would be interesting to see how you and Siren's relationship develop, you being the first Lt. Governor we've had in years. I've really appreciated all the help and insight you've given me - it's nice to have someone who supports you, yet challenges you at the same time.

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2013, 07:59:54 PM »

Let me know if you need anything from me- I know a thing or two about being a Governor and I think you have the ability to be great. In fact, I am surprised Tmthforu is supporting you, knowing that you have the potential to, ahem, outshine him. Wink Cheesy
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2013, 11:13:05 AM »

Would you support a ban on replacement workers being used during the course of a strike? I'm running for Mideast Assembly right now and that would be one of the first pieces of legislation I would introduce were I elected.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2013, 11:18:58 AM »

and that would be one of the first pieces of legislation I would introduce were I elected.

While we're on that subject, where do you guys stand on introducing a secret ballot?
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2013, 03:26:54 PM »

Would you support a ban on replacement workers being used during the course of a strike? I'm running for Mideast Assembly right now and that would be one of the first pieces of legislation I would introduce were I elected.
By replacement workers, do you mean Temps, or the complete firing of the striking workers and replacing them wi new ones? Personally, I would not support the ban, but there must be certain protections in place of it. Every worker deserves the right to be able to protest unfair treatment on the part of their employer, but they must know there is a danger of them being replaced when they make that choice to strike. I don't believe that a short strike, say a week or so, should result in the termination of workers.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2013, 10:09:35 AM »

By replacement workers, do you mean Temps, or the complete firing of the striking workers and replacing them wi new ones? Personally, I would not support the ban, but there must be certain protections in place of it. Every worker deserves the right to be able to protest unfair treatment on the part of their employer, but they must know there is a danger of them being replaced when they make that choice to strike. I don't believe that a short strike, say a week or so, should result in the termination of workers.

I mean scabs. I want to prevent employers from using scabs and then firing the workers who go out on strike.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2013, 11:59:04 PM »

каково ваше мнение асексуальный транссексуалы виктимология?
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2013, 03:37:14 PM »

каково ваше мнение асексуальный транссексуалы виктимология?
I'm gonna be honest. That has never come up before and have no idea what your asking.

On another note, ZuWo and I have agreed to a Debate, to be moderated by Gass, this weekend. I look forward to debating the problems plaguing the citizens of this great region, and the best solutions on how to help them.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2013, 05:19:47 PM »

It's Election Day. I'd like everyone to go out and vote (preferably for me). But even then, just vote for whoever you want. All of us are qualified and will do a great job. You know what, scratch that. Unless you're voting for me, don't vote.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies