The Clothes Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:10:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  The Clothes Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Clothes Thread  (Read 4428 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

« on: January 01, 2013, 11:41:43 PM »

I don't own any cardigans. Though I do frequently wear a nice sweater over a button up shirt if I'm going for the preppy/dressy casual look.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 10:11:30 AM »

I probably should get used to cardigans (paging Jimmy Carter and Mister Rogers) since I'm planning on becoming a college professor in the future.  Personally, I like to dress up some; I will usually wear a white T-shirt with a polo or sweater and some nice dress pants to church; I don't usually wear a suit and tie except for really special occasions.  Most of my ties are zipper ties, too (like clip-on, only you zip them up); yes, I really need to teach myself how to tie a tie. Smiley  A few days before my senior prom I bought a suit and tie and a couple pairs of dress shoes at Men's Wearhouse (I think).  One of the pairs of shoes was some brown cordovans, that, although I didn't wear to my prom, might have been better shoes for dancing in anyway by nature of having leather soles.  But when I'm around home, I usually stick to a T-shirt and jeans or sweats.  I used to not be able to tolerate the feeling of wearing jeans, but I've gotten used to it.  To me, jeans always seemed to get softer and more comfortable as you wear them more.  Plus, sweatpants really aren't appropriate in public.  I also usually wear tennis shoes (or boat shoes if I'm just out in my yard), unless it's summer, in which case I will wear sandals (and shorts).

What do you want to profess?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 01:33:18 AM »

Aren't there loads of cool fads from prior centuries just as cool as the neck-tie?
Here's a smart looking couple
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies