The Movement for Four Regions (M4R) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:58:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Movement for Four Regions (M4R) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Movement for Four Regions (M4R)  (Read 9110 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: January 03, 2013, 11:24:07 AM »

It would seem that this so-called "Movement" for Four Regions intends to try to carve up the Mideast like a Thanksgiving turkey.  I can only say in response "over my dead body!"  The Mideast is thriving and cutting it up in order to make the Midwest a more active region (to say nothing of the proposals which would abolish the region altogether) would be akin to killing the goose that laid the golden egg.  The true solution to the Midwest's low-activity problems is for the region's concerned citizens to recruit new individuals, support candidates who are committed to reenergizing the region, and establish an regional legislative body so that civic minded Midwesterners will have more opportunities to get involved in the regional government.  All chopping up the Mideast will do is kill one of Atlasia's great present-day success stories.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 11:50:50 AM »

It would seem that this so-called "Movement" for Four Regions intends to try to carve up the Mideast like a Thanksgiving turkey.  I can only say in response "over my dead body!"  The Mideast is thriving and cutting it up in order to make the Midwest a more active region (to say nothing of the proposals which would abolish the region altogether) would be akin to killing the goose that laid the golden egg.  The true solution to the Midwest's low-activity problems is for the region's concerned citizens to recruit new individuals, support candidates who are committed to reenergizing the region, and establish an regional legislative body so that civic minded Midwesterners will have more opportunities to get involved in the regional government.  All chopping up the Mideast will do is kill one of Atlasia's great present-day success stories.

I do not intend to carve up the Mideast! How about this?

That is acceptable since it doesn't chop up the Mideast (I was referring in no small part to a number of other proposals that had been suggested), although I still disagree with the premise that Atlasia can only support four regions.  I would argue that the best solution is what I described in my previous post.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 12:05:41 PM »

Governors from regions outside the Midwest do not need "something to do." Furthermore, Senate districts would limit the relevance of the regions, especially smaller ones like the Midwest.

Each region has a distinct personality; the Midwest is a bizarre place, and it doesn't function as the other regions do, but that isn't a flaw. I favor leaving the regions as they are, and allowing them to evolve according to the aspirations and efforts of their residents.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies