The Movement for Four Regions (M4R) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:21:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Movement for Four Regions (M4R) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Movement for Four Regions (M4R)  (Read 9080 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« on: January 01, 2013, 07:08:29 PM »
« edited: January 01, 2013, 07:34:08 PM by farrakhan does not tie his own bow ties »

It's got to go. I have map proposal, which entails renaming the mideast the Midwest, but I really don't care as long as we can get rid of the Midwest and its underactive bizarrity.

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 07:33:33 PM »

I agree with SJoyce. All signs point to the fact that Atlasia can sustain only four regions.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 07:43:16 PM »

Well, obviously having fewer regions would make that harder, so I don't see the point.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 07:47:12 PM »

So Simfan, what is your threshold sign for when a region needs to be abolished?

When they start giving states and pretty much everything ludicrous names.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 08:00:41 PM »
« Edited: January 01, 2013, 08:02:43 PM by farrakhan does not tie his own bow ties »

So Simfan, what is your threshold sign for when a region needs to be abolished?

When they start giving states and pretty much everything ludicrous names.

So then this has nothing to do with inactivity?

No, it does, just a symptom of prolonged inactivity.

Also remember that the Pacific is still on life support, thanks to Spamage's reforms. The Midwest is hampering the Pacific recovery.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 11:39:20 PM »

Greater New England?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 11:37:06 AM »
« Edited: January 03, 2013, 11:40:17 AM by Simfan34 »

It would seem that this so-called "Movement" for Four Regions intends to try to carve up the Mideast like a Thanksgiving turkey.  I can only say in response "over my dead body!"  The Mideast is thriving and cutting it up in order to make the Midwest a more active region (to say nothing of the proposals which would abolish the region altogether) would be akin to killing the goose that laid the golden egg.  The true solution to the Midwest's low-activity problems is for the region's concerned citizens to recruit new individuals, support candidates who are committed to reenergizing the region, and establish an regional legislative body so that civic minded Midwesterners will have more opportunities to get involved in the regional government.  All chopping up the Mideast will do is kill one of Atlasia's great present-day success stories.

I do not intend to carve up the Mideast! How about this?

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2015, 07:03:16 PM »
« Edited: May 23, 2015, 07:14:49 PM by Governor Simfan34 »

This still remains relevant...

No. Instead, how about we try to improve the Midwest so all regions can prosper. Don't get rid of them. People like Maxwell and MaxQue are helping their region, and I think that instead of ditching it, we all should improve them.

Indeed. Activity is cyclical, and won't be solved by just amputating different aspects of the game. I remember a time when most regions were total wastelands of activity, and that changed with time as regional reformists came and went. We're trying our best to undergo that same process in the Midwest right now. The Mideast has had trouble in the past, the Northeast has been reformed numerous times, the South used to be nothing more than a system of initiatives. Shooting the Midwest in the head just because they don't reach the standards of the other regions at this point in time is crazy.

It would help, of course, if people would actually stop leaving the region. Tongue

But wouldn't all those seem to point to the idea that we can only sustain four regions (with different regions being inactive at different times)? I don't want to "punish the Midwest" or anything, but, if we can only have four active regions, it makes sense that, if you're chopping off a region in order to make four that are fully active, it'd be a centrally-located one that currently has low activity. Although I think that any map would be something more like:

But in the end, this is an elections game, and there's no fun if you're not having any competitive elections.

That is acceptable since it doesn't chop up the Mideast (I was referring in no small part to a number of other proposals that had been suggested), although I still disagree with the premise that Atlasia can only support four regions.  I would argue that the best solution is what I described in my previous post.

I like these.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies