The Movement for Four Regions (M4R) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:09:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Movement for Four Regions (M4R) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Movement for Four Regions (M4R)  (Read 9075 times)
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« on: January 01, 2013, 10:28:23 PM »

I'm heartened by the MaxQue's and Maxwell's shared interest in reviving the Midwest so I don't think axing it is necessary right now. But if we were to actually to give Atlasia four regions; the following changes would make Simfan's map acceptable IMO.

1. Give Nyman to the Northeast.
2. Rename the Midwest the Mideast.
3. Give Virginia back to the Mideast.
4. Give Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana to the Pacific.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 08:08:03 PM »

Once a day, if I'm correct. It's pretty reasonable since it doesn't affect the game at all, besides changing a few blank spaces/colors on election maps.

Here in the Mideast, we have 10 people in Virginia, but none in Maryland and Nyman, so I wish we could get some people to move there so we can fill up those spaces. I moved from Virginia to Missouri for that reason.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 11:58:56 AM »

It would seem that this so-called "Movement" for Four Regions intends to try to carve up the Mideast like a Thanksgiving turkey.  I can only say in response "over my dead body!"  The Mideast is thriving and cutting it up in order to make the Midwest a more active region (to say nothing of the proposals which would abolish the region altogether) would be akin to killing the goose that laid the golden egg.  The true solution to the Midwest's low-activity problems is for the region's concerned citizens to recruit new individuals, support candidates who are committed to reenergizing the region, and establish an regional legislative body so that civic minded Midwesterners will have more opportunities to get involved in the regional government.  All chopping up the Mideast will do is kill one of Atlasia's great present-day success stories.

I do not intend to carve up the Mideast! How about this?

This is almost exactly the map I described earlier, except it keeps Maryland and Nyman within the Mideast/Central Region, which I am perfectly fine with. If we are to consolidate Atlasia into four regions, this is the map I would support.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies