The Big Bad Swedish Politics & News Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:03:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  The Big Bad Swedish Politics & News Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 41
Author Topic: The Big Bad Swedish Politics & News Thread  (Read 137914 times)
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: October 19, 2015, 05:55:26 AM »

Jan Björklund has previously advocated tighter immigration policies, could Fp go right? Or are they too internally divided?
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #651 on: October 19, 2015, 06:38:15 AM »

M are currently losing voters to both SD and Centre, I would assume they would only turn right if the loss to SD and KD became bigger than the loss to Centre.

Do you think Batra has actual liberal principles regarding this issue? Or would she drift right if the loss of votes were big enough.

The Moderates loss to SD, is already bigger than their loss to us. Besides, SD saying that KD's immigration policy getting closer to them really isn't going to dissuade the Conservative Moderate faction from defecting to KD, if that is what they want to do.

Kinberg-Batra has always been seen as belonging to the liberal pro-immigration faction of the party. She is forced to move towards tougher immigration however or she'd face a rebellion from local politicians who are stretched thin trying to cover costs for asylum seekers on the municipal with-out raising taxes, and who are on principal much more conservative and nationalist. There is a important difference to Busch-Thor though, as she has always been on the conservative faction of her party, which is why KD is doing this shift faster and more noticeably than M.

Jan Björklund has previously advocated tighter immigration policies, could Fp go right? Or are they too internally divided?

They are incredibly internally divided. Björklund wants to go in the same direction as M and KD... but his leadership position is incredibly weak and he doesn't have the clout to sway his party without risking his own leadership position or civil war in the party. Some influential members would rather leave the party than step in that direction and would prefer the Greens migration policies.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #652 on: October 19, 2015, 12:13:25 PM »
« Edited: October 19, 2015, 12:23:41 PM by politicus »

The Moderates have agreed on immigration package by a large majority on their National Congress.

- temporary residency permits for refugees
- fast settlements of applications for asylum seekers
- those refused will be sent home quicker
- the refused will get no financial support,
- requirement for family reunification will be tightened.
- liberalization of the labor market to will make it asier for refugees to get jobs.

In addition municipalities should be able to prohibit begging (SD has ran an aggressive campaign against begging)

Anna Kinberg-Batra: "I have initiated a major review of our migration and integration policy."

Political commentator at Svenska Dagbladet Ewa Stenberg: "Fredrik Reinfeldt's vision of Sweden as a humanistic great power was buried over the weekend at the Moderates congress."

Former Defense Minister Anders Björck: "I've been waiting for this for a long time. The Moderate are starting to rediscover their true self."
Helsinkian
Finland

« Reply #653 on: October 20, 2015, 01:38:05 PM »

Swedish Leftist politicians apparently attended an anti-semitic rally in Malmö:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
http://www.thelocal.se/20151020/swedish-slaughter-the-jews-rally-grabs-criticism
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #654 on: October 20, 2015, 02:55:10 PM »

http://www.thelocal.se/20151020/hree-swedish-refugee-centres-in-a-week-hit-by-fire

DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #655 on: October 20, 2015, 03:46:06 PM »

http://www.thelocal.se/20151020/swedish-slaughter-the-jews-rally-grabs-criticism
Not surprising, still disappointing. The Swedish left has much more in common with the nazis they despise than the Sweden Democrats, imo.
The Lord Marbury
EvilSpaceAlien
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -5.91

« Reply #656 on: October 22, 2015, 01:38:42 PM »

Not surprising, still disappointing. The Swedish left has much more in common with the nazis they despise than the Sweden Democrats, imo.

...This must litterally be the most stupid sentence I've read in the past year. To slander the Swedish left because a few anti-semitic assholes were present at a pro-Palestinian rally is just moronic. I had some (Social Democratic) friends present at the rally who also talked to me about how furious they were that those anti-semitic douchebags tried to take over the event. It's no different from when a small portion of Communists showed up last year in my city when we were rallying against the then Alliance governement's planned cuts to student benefits and they were yelling "hang the bourgeois". The mainstream left bears zero responsibility for some iditios hijacking their campaigns when they're tackling an important and just issue.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #657 on: October 22, 2015, 02:39:38 PM »

http://www.thelocal.se/20151022/masked-man-enters-school-with-sword

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #658 on: October 22, 2015, 02:43:29 PM »

From what I remember, school killings are very rare in Sweden - much like in Austria where the last school killing was 18 years ago (slightly before the gun law was heavily tightened).
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #659 on: October 22, 2015, 03:11:03 PM »

From what I remember, school killings are very rare in Sweden - much like in Austria where the last school killing was 18 years ago (slightly before the gun law was heavily tightened).

Did some research:

Since 1900, there have been 5 incidents in Austrian schools which resulted in someone being dead.

In all 5 cases, 1 person was killed (in 1 case, it was the attacker).

4 of the 5 cases took place in Lower Austria and 1 in Vienna.

In 4, a gun was used and a knife in the other one.

An "American-style" planned (mass) school murder never took place though:

* In 1 case, a student was caught smoking by the headmaster on the school ground. Student pulled a gun and shot the headmaster.

* In another case, a student wanted to rape a girl at school. A teacher saw it, the student pulled a gun and killed the teacher.

* In another case, a student argued with a girl at school and stabbed her to death.

* In another case, a 40-year old father abducted his son from school and shot him before crashing with his car into a tree (which he survived) and then shot himself in the head.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #660 on: October 22, 2015, 03:18:52 PM »

Quite rare, this may be racial motivated (Swede against immigrants), but I will wait until the Swedish police come with a comment to begin that discussion.
The Lord Marbury
EvilSpaceAlien
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -5.91

« Reply #661 on: October 23, 2015, 05:19:51 AM »

^The police have now confirmed that the school killings were a racially motivated hate crime where the killer selected his victims based on their ethnicity.

----

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=2054&artikel=6285752

In addition to what's mentioned in the article, with Migration Board doubling their projection for the amount of refugees expected to come this year, Sweden will also request to join the same EU quota system currently designed to relocate refugees from Italy and Greece to other nations in the Union.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #662 on: October 23, 2015, 05:41:56 AM »

It should also be noted that one of the key provisions in the agreement is that the requirements for family reunification will be toughened. The family members in Sweden will have to guarantee that they can provide financially for their family members in order for them to be allowed to immigrate.

Several cuts to benefits that immigrants are able to get will also be done.

These are in reality of course much more restricting measures than the much more publicly controversial temporary vs. permanent residence permits.

The idea behind these changes to policy is to move closer to the immigration policies of other European countries. 
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #663 on: October 23, 2015, 08:09:32 AM »

Just move into some sh**tty settlement in Palestine without internet already pls
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #664 on: November 01, 2015, 11:37:26 AM »

The Moderates have agreed on immigration package by a large majority on their National Congress.

- temporary residency permits for refugees
- fast settlements of applications for asylum seekers
- those refused will be sent home quicker
- the refused will get no financial support,
- requirement for family reunification will be tightened.
- liberalization of the labor market to will make it asier for refugees to get jobs.

In addition municipalities should be able to prohibit begging (SD has ran an aggressive campaign against begging)

Anna Kinberg-Batra: "I have initiated a major review of our migration and integration policy."

Political commentator at Svenska Dagbladet Ewa Stenberg: "Fredrik Reinfeldt's vision of Sweden as a humanistic great power was buried over the weekend at the Moderates congress."

Former Defense Minister Anders Björck: "I've been waiting for this for a long time. The Moderate are starting to rediscover their true self."

Everything will go downhill from here on. In the worst case scenario, Sweden could become the new Denmark in the not too distant future.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #665 on: November 01, 2015, 12:02:26 PM »

In the worst case scenario, Sweden could become the new Denmark in the not too distant future.

The horror.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #666 on: November 01, 2015, 02:33:39 PM »

"Swedish Foreign Minister claims the country is 'facing collapse' because of the mass influx of refugees"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3297317/Swedish-Foreign-Minister-claims-country-facing-collapse-mass-influx-refugees.html#ixzz3qGo3ZKs5

Of course, she's not calling for it to stop, just calling for more money from the EU, more equal distribution of refugees across the EU.
Helsinkian
Finland

« Reply #667 on: November 01, 2015, 03:16:32 PM »

"Swedish Foreign Minister claims the country is 'facing collapse' because of the mass influx of refugees"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3297317/Swedish-Foreign-Minister-claims-country-facing-collapse-mass-influx-refugees.html#ixzz3qGo3ZKs5

Of course, she's not calling for it to stop, just calling for more money from the EU, more equal distribution of refugees across the EU.

She wants the whole of Western Europe to collapse, not just Sweden.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #668 on: November 01, 2015, 04:09:26 PM »
« Edited: November 01, 2015, 04:12:35 PM by DavidB. »

In the worst best case scenario, Sweden could become the new Denmark in the not too distant future.
ftfy

But I wouldn't count on that, seeing as even the much more immigration-realist Netherlands, sadly, doesn't manage to become "the new Denmark".
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #669 on: November 01, 2015, 04:43:00 PM »

Everything will go downhill from here on. In the worst case scenario, Sweden could become the new Denmark in the not too distant future.

Yes I guess it will be downhill to live in a country, where refugee centres doesn't burn, where politicians aren't murdered or if I want to go real low, where schoolchildren aren't killed by mad swordsmens.

The hard truth is that Denmark may have a harsher tone, but that's because we don't sugarcoat problems and let them grow over our heads before we reacts. We talk about them and deal with them, and some people may cry over that not being PC, but in the end Breivik, Pettersson, Ausonius and Mangs wasn't weeds which grew in our garden.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #670 on: November 01, 2015, 05:13:33 PM »

Tino Sanadaji is an interesting guy. I've had a couple of conversations with him. He's become very popular with the SD crowd though in a way that is a bit unappealing.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #671 on: November 01, 2015, 05:31:03 PM »

We talk about them and deal with them, and some people may cry over that not being PC, but in the end Breivik, Pettersson, Ausonius and Mangs wasn't weeds which grew in our garden.

Indeed, they would be respectable DPP politicians in Denmark.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #672 on: November 01, 2015, 08:07:25 PM »

Indeed, they would be respectable DPP politicians in Denmark.
You're more intelligent than this.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #673 on: November 03, 2015, 04:09:29 PM »

Let's get some Swedish news again.

DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #674 on: November 03, 2015, 04:29:18 PM »
« Edited: November 03, 2015, 04:31:49 PM by DavidB. »

Hey David!! I met someone the other day!! Who I think you'd really like!! It was in the YouTube comment section! He was saying how, as a black man, when people called him a lazy, subhuman horde it wasn't racism, it was actually about ethics in multiculturalism! I thought "wow, I bet David would love a fellow fake minority to talk to."
Please tell me more about me being a "fake minority" or how I need to show solidarity to people who want to kill me just because my family were immigrants, lmao.

Actually, no, please don't. You're not interesting and what you're saying is not interesting.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 41  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies