The Big Bad Swedish Politics & News Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:27:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  The Big Bad Swedish Politics & News Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 41
Author Topic: The Big Bad Swedish Politics & News Thread  (Read 137257 times)
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: November 03, 2015, 09:07:34 PM »

I swear to God, if you guys keep derailing this thread any longer by turning it into yet another thread where people name call others for being racist or what ever I will pull a Politicus and delete it. The thread is here for people to have sensible discussions about Swedish news and politics, not whether you think Denmark is the worst thing on this planet. Which is a ridiculous discussion that has no place here.

🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #676 on: November 04, 2015, 08:33:43 AM »

I swear to God, if you guys keep derailing this thread any longer by turning it into yet another thread where people name call others for being racist or what ever I will pull a Politicus and delete it. The thread is here for people to have sensible discussions about Swedish news and politics, not whether you think Denmark is the worst thing on this planet. Which is a ridiculous discussion that has no place here.

Tbh this thread's deviation is rather chararistic of modern Swedish politics as a whole, is it not?
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #677 on: November 04, 2015, 01:57:30 PM »
« Edited: November 04, 2015, 02:00:33 PM by DavidB. »

I am sorry for my share of derailing. You know I like this thread very much and have contributed to it in the past. Just felt the need to reply to some particularly bizarre remarks.

Meanwhile, SD has declined in the polls a little, now being somewhere between 16% and 20% -- consistently below both S and M.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #678 on: November 04, 2015, 02:57:22 PM »

I am sorry for my share of derailing. You know I like this thread very much and have contributed to it in the past. Just felt the need to reply to some particularly bizarre remarks.

Meanwhile, SD has declined in the polls a little, now being somewhere between 16% and 20% -- consistently below both S and M.

Like DavidB I'm sorry about the negative contribution my answer to eric82oslo created, which was why I decided to not answer MaxQue provocation and ignore BundouYMB, and just post news.

BTW as for the whole Roma camp in Malmö, have it been Sweden discusses whether to deport them back to Romania (it's fully legal) or will they be given housing?
Gunnar Larsson
Rookie
Sweden

« Reply #679 on: November 04, 2015, 04:42:10 PM »

BTW as for the whole Roma camp in Malmö, have it been Sweden discusses whether to deport them back to Romania (it's fully legal) or will they be given housing?

What is available is temporary housing till Friday and bus tickets to Romania (source: http://www.sydsvenskan.se/malmo/eu-migranter-erbjuds-inget-nytt-boende/). The political climate is a bit different than in Denmark so actually deporting them is not on the agenda.

For the people staying during the winter there will probably be some kind of homelessness housing solution available (a cooperation between the municipality and a pentecostal church).
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #680 on: November 04, 2015, 07:05:09 PM »

Like DavidB I'm sorry about the negative contribution my answer to eric82oslo created, which was why I decided to not answer MaxQue provocation and ignore BundouYMB, and just post news.

How can you be so sure that the Roma/gypsies come from Romania specifically? Actually Romas come from India originally, and today they are in almost every single country in the world. Even in the small town in Chile where I lived for a year there were plentiful of gypsies, and my "grandfather" actually spent most of his time helping them to a better life, that seemed to be his entire life mission. Only an extremely low percentage of the world's gypsies/Romas live in Romania. I wouldn't be surprised if there are more gyspies in Spain in fact. Ever heard of flamenco? That's a 100% gypsy style of music.

And I have nothing to apologize for in this thread as my statement was 100% rooted in facts. I'm seriously worried that Sweden will eventually become the new Denmark, and as we all know (yet you apparently refuse to recognize) Denmark is the Hungary of the Nordic countries, whether you like it or not. The far right government currently in office in Norway are trying to make Norway become the next Denmark as well btw. I guess you're gleeing in your house for that "joyful" development. Just because I'm a John Lennon (and Gandhi) who favours open borders doesn't mean that you are free to stereotype me as some awful human being.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #681 on: November 05, 2015, 02:04:08 AM »

LMAO the Roma aren't from Romania.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #682 on: November 05, 2015, 03:46:01 AM »
« Edited: November 05, 2015, 06:52:49 AM by ingemann »

Which I have never said, the Romanians or Vlachs (from the Germanic Welsh meaning foreigners, which was traditional used for Romance or Celtic people) as they traditional was called, is a Romance people descendent from the pre-Slavic Vulgar Latin speaking peoples of the Balkans. Romani or Gypsies (from the word Egyptian, which came from the first Romani emigrating to Iberia had a leader who claimed to be prince of Egypt, and his followers to be Christian Egypt refugees) as they're traditional known in English on the other hand are Indo-Aryan speaking group who have emigrated to Europe (especially the Balkans) in the late middle age.

Of course Romania is also home to one the largest population of Romanis in the world, and these Romani in this camp near Malmö is from Romania, which is why they have been offered tickets home to Romania as mentioned by other posters which is their land of origin.
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #683 on: November 05, 2015, 08:08:31 AM »

The Romani that have been evicted from the Malmö camp are mostly from Romania, though some are also from Bulgaria. That is a well-known fact that anyone who follows Swedish news sources that is where these individuals are originally from. There have of course been Romani people in Sweden for generations, but it is not they who're occupying land at the moment.

Sweden will not deport the EU-migrants as it's not possible to secure how long they've been in the country (and they have a legal right to be here for three months) and the legal process would take too long and put too much pressure on the Migration Agency who are already stretched thin by the refugee crisis.

However, several individuals from the camp have already taken the offer to leave Sweden by their own will, and as winter approaches there is an idea that most of the others will choose to do so as well if they're not able to find another place to live. The Social Democratic and Green coalition that governs Malmö City Council has been very clear that they will not budge on breaking up illegal occupations of private property in the future, and that they'll not offer any alternative housing, despite being pressured to do so by the loud radical left activists. So there is not much choice but to go back to their home countries for these people even if they're not deported.

And I have nothing to apologize for in this thread as my statement was 100% rooted in facts. I'm seriously worried that Sweden will eventually become the new Denmark, and as we all know (yet you apparently refuse to recognize) Denmark is the Hungary of the Nordic countries, whether you like it or not. The far right government currently in office in Norway are trying to make Norway become the next Denmark as well btw. I guess you're gleeing in your house for that "joyful" development. Just because I'm a John Lennon (and Gandhi) who favours open borders doesn't mean that you are free to stereotype me as some awful human being.

First of you should really stop comparing yourself to Ghandi; it's a great insult on one of history's greatest men to a whiny forum . Second, no one has stereo-typed you in any way. In fact you're one of the people throwing around stereo-types.

I'm extremely critical of Danish immigration policy, as the many fights I've had with Ingemann over the years on here can attest to. But the image you try to paint is clearly hyperbole, and you should obviously be called out on that.   

And if you want to worry that Sweden will adopt the same migration policy as Denmark because of the fact that a single party slightly changes their migration policy in a stricter direction, and that Sweden is forced to adopt similar refugee rules to the rest of Europe to ease the pressure of having the highest level of immigration per capita in the Western world, that is your full right. But it's not really a very thoughtful or intelligent analysis. Not that I've ever expected either from you.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #684 on: November 05, 2015, 02:54:26 PM »
« Edited: November 05, 2015, 02:57:12 PM by eric82oslo »

First of you should really stop comparing yourself to Ghandi; it's a great insult on one of history's greatest men to a whiny forum .

Lol, you really don't know what you're talking about. Smiley Very few people in this entire world knows more about Gandhi or have read more books about him than me, so maybe you should stop talking right now. Wink While other people have Dalai Lama, Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King or Mother Theresa as their hero, Gandhi has always been the one to me from very early childhood age. Smiley I couldn't think of a better hero to guide me in this world. Smiley

I never critized you either, so I'm not quite sure why you're attacking me in the first place?
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #685 on: November 05, 2015, 02:59:19 PM »
« Edited: November 05, 2015, 03:07:21 PM by eric82oslo »

But it's not really a very thoughtful or intelligent analysis. Not that I've ever expected either from you.

Lol, what an insult. Who are you to speak? Some professor?
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #686 on: November 05, 2015, 05:19:31 PM »

First of you should really stop comparing yourself to Ghandi; it's a great insult on one of history's greatest men to a whiny forum .

Lol, you really don't know what you're talking about. Smiley Very few people in this entire world knows more about Gandhi or have read more books about him than me, so maybe you should stop talking right now. Wink While other people have Dalai Lama, Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King or Mother Theresa as their hero, Gandhi has always been the one to me from very early childhood age. Smiley I couldn't think of a better hero to guide me in this world. Smiley

I never critized you either, so I'm not quite sure why you're attacking me in the first place?

Interesting that particular fellow should be your hero: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahatma_Gandhi#Nonviolence

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I guess ChairmanSanchez was right.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #687 on: November 05, 2015, 07:07:52 PM »

LMAO, most Roma in Sweden are from Romania.

Tongue
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #688 on: November 06, 2015, 03:08:01 AM »

Interesting that particular fellow should be your hero: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahatma_Gandhi#Nonviolence

I can't answer to all of Gandhi's statements. This one is the first time I've ever heard, though I've read a couple of other strange statements as well. Even Obama has his flaws, so why shouldn't Gandhi? Noone is perfect dude.
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #689 on: November 06, 2015, 04:05:27 AM »

Do you also share Gandhi's disdain for black Africans?
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #690 on: November 06, 2015, 09:51:06 AM »

But it's not really a very thoughtful or intelligent analysis. Not that I've ever expected either from you.

Lol, what an insult. Who are you to speak? Some professor?

You don't need to be a professor to conclude that a person who thinks artists are better than regular people at deciding politics, or that the way capital or large cities vote are predictive of future election results isn't the sharpest knife.

... Are you now comparing a mediocre American president with the person you claim to be your greatest hero?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #691 on: November 06, 2015, 03:06:22 PM »

I can't answer to all of Hitler's statements. This one is the first time I've ever heard, though I've read a couple of other strange statements as well. Even Mussolini has his flaws, so why shouldn't Hitler? Noone is perfect dude.
Two days in a row! Scary stuff! Where is MaxQue when we need him?
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #692 on: November 06, 2015, 03:53:52 PM »

Why the f are we talking about Gandhi in the Sweden thread. Just sayin'.

According to Immigration Minister Morgan Johansson, Sweden cannot guarantee finding accommodation for any new immigrants. It applies for EU aid in order to cope with the expenses of taking in so many migrants.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix

« Reply #693 on: November 06, 2015, 07:31:30 PM »
« Edited: November 06, 2015, 07:33:20 PM by eric82oslo »

What the f-UcK? Who morons let you enter this website? Gandhi spent almost his entire life in racist South Africa, so obviously he would absolutely detest Africans. Any other questions?
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #694 on: November 06, 2015, 07:38:12 PM »

Can we please please get back on topic?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #695 on: November 06, 2015, 09:05:26 PM »

Can we please please get back on topic?
No, we're having too much fun with Eric2Cartman.
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #696 on: November 07, 2015, 05:33:09 AM »

What the f-UcK? Who morons let you enter this website? Gandhi spent almost his entire life in racist South Africa, so obviously he would absolutely detest Africans. Any other questions?

Wait, you kind of lost me here. Why would Gandhi hate Africans if they were treated like "lesser thans" by the whites in SAfrica?
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #697 on: November 07, 2015, 07:46:34 AM »

LOL
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #698 on: November 07, 2015, 11:46:30 AM »

This thread is about Sweden, not about Gandhi.

Something entirely different: Moderaterna MP Finn Bengtsson has introduced a bill to ban all circumcision that is not considered medically necessary. As far as I know, such a ban would be the first one in Europe. Question to Swedish posters: what are the chances this bill will pass? Will the left see this in the perspective of religious minority rights, or will it consider this a "humanist, progressive" thing to do? SD will surely vote for this, whereas Liberals and Christian Democrats will likely not want to change the status-quo, I think.
Gunnar Larsson
Rookie
Sweden

« Reply #699 on: November 07, 2015, 12:33:41 PM »

This thread is about Sweden, not about Gandhi.

Something entirely different: Moderaterna MP Finn Bengtsson has introduced a bill to ban all circumcision that is not considered medically necessary. As far as I know, such a ban would be the first one in Europe. Question to Swedish posters: what are the chances this bill will pass? Will the left see this in the perspective of religious minority rights, or will it consider this a "humanist, progressive" thing to do? SD will surely vote for this, whereas Liberals and Christian Democrats will likely not want to change the status-quo, I think.

Not something that the media talk about. If it is all circumcision then I would say that the probability that it will pass is about 0 (as it would be seen as anti-jewish and anti-muslim, and as male circumcision is considered fairly harmless as far as I know). As a rule of thumb I would say that if a bill is just introduced by one person it is very unlikely to pass.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 41  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies