Cathcon/Spamage: A Presidential Campaign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:00:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Cathcon/Spamage: A Presidential Campaign
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Cathcon/Spamage: A Presidential Campaign  (Read 10494 times)
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2013, 08:42:15 PM »

Endorsed!
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2013, 08:42:38 PM »

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2013, 08:43:45 PM »

Excellent choice.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2013, 08:44:50 PM »

Great pick for VP. Its time for reformist conservatives to lead Atlasia to prosperity. Thus I am endorsing this ticket
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2013, 08:50:50 PM »

Thank you so much Cathcon, it will be my greatest honor to run with you on this ticket.

When Cathcon announced his Presidential bid I saw a quality that Atlasia desperately needs, devotion. He is principled and thorough and will make a terrific running mate and an even better president. He is a terrific individual and an even stronger leader. I know he would be able to make the though calls and necessary decisions we need in Nyman. He would bring a breath of fresh air to the Oval Office and under a Cathcon presidency Atlasia would thrive, both economically and activity-wise. He IS the necessary change we need in our leadership and I am honored to be his Vice-Presidential Nominee.

Its no secret Cathcon would be a relatively active president. During a Cathcon presidency the Federal Government activity will increase, bills would be moved through the process without long waiting periods before signing/vetoing and I know that he will truly revolutionize the way our government works for the better. This is a game, and under Cathcon it can thrive with new levels of prosperity.

Perhaps you may think I'm being dramatic or over theatrical but the truth is Cathcon will greatly improve our government from where it stands now. His principled ideology and personality could bring good to our political system, and great good at that. Smiley

In my time here I have served as Governor and, more recently, Senator. In the Pacific Wolfentoad and I spurred activity and the region began to blossom again. I would love to do something similar to the office of Vice President if I’m elected. It is often viewed as a wasteful position but I truly believe it has great potential and I’m willing to take the post. It wold be my honor to serve as the head of the Senate and in that way I get to keep helping the Federal Government keep working.

Anyways, vote for Cathcon!! Smiley
Spam
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2013, 09:53:39 PM »

Thanks you, Senator Spamage, for the kind remarks, and as well for accepting my offer of the Vice Presidency. Hopefully we can lead Atlasia to a brighter future.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2013, 10:06:59 PM »

What is your opinion of strategic registration, and what will your campaign do to try and stop it (if anything)?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2013, 10:10:51 PM »

What is your opinion of strategic registration, and what will your campaign do to try and stop it (if anything)?

It is a very mean-spirited thing that is one of the sadly negative results of the Democracy and freedom of travel we here in Atlasia enjoy. Nonetheless, it seems that the only viable "responses" to such a problem would be outright Draconian travel restrictions, a very complicated system that would involve much policy formulation, or simply saying to let it go on as it does. I of course don't favor Draconian measures. Were we to employ those, we would be strangling the very Democracy we would seek to preserve. And saying to let it happen continuously within the current laws would be rather callous, though without a very specific plan, that is likely the course that will be taken.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2013, 11:07:50 PM »

I actually have a question for Assemblyman Cathcon's running mate and my distinguished Senate colleague, Spamage.  I want to preface this by emphasizing that I am not accusing you of anything, but I suspect the issue will come up and I'd like to give you a chance to respond to it here.  Senator Spamage, given that you were just elected to the Senate and sworn-in last Friday, what would you say in response to those who feel that you are office-hoping?  Honestly, I am curious how the campaign would respond to such concerns and wanted to give you guys a chance to do so without it being in the context of responding to an attack ad, smear campaign, etc.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2013, 12:19:33 AM »

I actually have a question for Assemblyman Cathcon's running mate and my distinguished Senate colleague, Spamage.  I want to preface this by emphasizing that I am not accusing you of anything, but I suspect the issue will come up and I'd like to give you a chance to respond to it here.  Senator Spamage, given that you were just elected to the Senate and sworn-in last Friday, what would you say in response to those who feel that you are office-hoping?  Honestly, I am curious how the campaign would respond to such concerns and wanted to give you guys a chance to do so without it being in the context of responding to an attack ad, smear campaign, etc.

Thanks for the question Smiley

Well, I certainly wouldn't think serving the Office of Pacific Governor for 4 months and then moving to the Senate isn't office hopping. I served my term with the exception of the last 2 weeks, which I gave to Wolfentoad as a smooth transition period. I was than elected to the Senate and now I'm running for Vice President, that's been it. I have gained and am currently gaining experience in a large amount of areas and am now able to understand, due to experience,both Federal and Regional government. Cathcon chose me for Vice-Presidency and if elected it will be at the end of my Senate term and therefore I will have served 2 offices in their entirety and one other will be starting.

I want to make this clear, I did just swear into the Senate. But the presidential campaign starts early so, had Cathcon chosen another recently elected Senator, it would almost be the entirely same situation.

Once again thanks for the question Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2013, 02:48:52 AM »

FWIW, being VP is worse than being a Senator, so technically, this is a demotion.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2013, 05:56:47 PM »

Lol, I was going to say that but I didn't want to be negative. Tongue Either way, congrats, Spamage.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2013, 07:27:27 PM »

Hagrid's latest masterpiece. Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2013, 08:26:56 PM »

Thanks for the question Smiley

Well, I certainly wouldn't think serving the Office of Pacific Governor for 4 months and then moving to the Senate isn't office hopping. I served my term with the exception of the last 2 weeks, which I gave to Wolfentoad as a smooth transition period. I was than elected to the Senate and now I'm running for Vice President, that's been it. I have gained and am currently gaining experience in a large amount of areas and am now able to understand, due to experience,both Federal and Regional government. Cathcon chose me for Vice-Presidency and if elected it will be at the end of my Senate term and therefore I will have served 2 offices in their entirety and one other will be starting.

I want to make this clear, I did just swear into the Senate. But the presidential campaign starts early so, had Cathcon chosen another recently elected Senator, it would almost be the entirely same situation.

Once again thanks for the question Smiley

Thanks for the through answer and congrats on your selection Smiley
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2013, 06:23:47 PM »

Bump, as I can never let this campaign grow moribund. Any questions you have for either me or my running mate?
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2013, 06:48:31 PM »

How did you get to be so awesome? Also, what is your favourite brand of breakfast cereal?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2013, 07:16:34 PM »

How did you get to be so awesome? Also, what is your favourite brand of breakfast cereal?

Thank you for the compliment, though I'm afraid a how-to book on my nature is a very strange concept. However, a campaign biography may be forthcoming, and any question you might have has the possibility of being answered by it.

As for breakfast cereal, I'm glad you broached the subject. One thing I'd like to bring up is that a vast number of large breakfast cereal companies produce many remarkable products, all of which are very enjoyable. Sadly, I'm full right now, so it's not the best subject to discuss. Post Selects, assuming such a line of products is still in circulation, would have to be home to one of my favorites, "Blueberry Morning". However, I'm also a fan of a variety of other cereals, simple and complex, and reaching across a vast amount of different companies. 'Twould be best if you asked me about such brands and types individually. Smiley
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2013, 07:32:14 PM »

You mentioned earlier that you were in this race not because you thought you had a great shot of winning, but because you wanted to make a message and run an enjoyable campaign, if I remember correctly. Is this still applicable to your campaign today, Assemblyman Cathcon?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2013, 07:49:58 PM »

You mentioned earlier that you were in this race not because you thought you had a great shot of winning, but because you wanted to make a message and run an enjoyable campaign, if I remember correctly. Is this still applicable to your campaign today, Assemblyman Cathcon?

Yes. Sadly, in this country, a man of my political sensibilities faces little chance of winning the election. Nevertheless, I am determined to run a damn good campaign and represent the Federalist Party (and any party that would have me) as well as I can in this election. And, despite the odds, I intend on shooting for the win nonetheless. Thank you for your question, citizen and colleague.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2013, 07:57:31 PM »

"Blueberry Morning".

Thank you Cathcon! :b:
Incipimus iterum
United States

« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2013, 07:59:11 PM »

Where does your Campaign Stand on the Issue of Gun Control?
Wyoming Conservative
Rookie
Bahamas
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2013, 10:01:15 PM »

Endorsed.

What is your campaigns position on taxes and the tax code?.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2013, 11:23:58 PM »

Thanks for your straightforward answer, Assemblyman Cathcon. You are already managing a very strong, policy-driven campaign and have chosen an excellent running mate. While I have already endorsed Marokai/Duke, I have no doubt that if elected, Cathcon/Spamage would also make an excellent administrative team for The People.

Good luck with your campaign. You're getting my 2nd preference. Smiley
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2013, 08:33:18 PM »

New title to reflect the recent change of the campaign.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2013, 08:54:29 PM »

Where does your Campaign Stand on the Issue of Gun Control?

In the wake of gun-related disaster after disaster, guns are becoming an increasingly volatile and controversial issue here in Atlasia. One of the prime reasons is due to the founding of our nation and the methods used in its founding. Suffice it to say, had arms been unavailable to the common folk, the resounding shot heard round the world could not have happened, and we may very well be a part of the British Commonwealth right now. While I'm sure Simfan, with his love of nobility and title, would weep with joy at such news, I happen to like Atlasian independence. Nevertheless, we are living in a much different time than the 1770's.

While the right to defend one's self should be as sacred as ever, nevertheless, certain restrictions must be made. Looking over a recent proposal, the Omnibus Gun Law and Safety Act, proposed by my esteemed opponent Mr. Marokai, there are a number of issues I agree with, specifically regarding restriction of ownership to certain people's, though at a point (at a point, not necessarily one stated in the said document) such may fall under discrimination. As well, a man released from prison many years ago might fall subject to pieces of Section 2, despite the length in time since his last known crime. As well, while many would love to disparage the dishonorably discharged, that does not necessarily preclude them from the right to self defense. I would like a more specific of "mental defective" as well. Nevertheless, it seems well though out and covering some angles I myself hadn't covered. However, I would be against the outlawing of various types of guns that Section 3 covers. While yes, we'd like to minimize the harm a person may do with a gun were they to turn against innocent others, and a number of the things restricted would never fall under serious consideration in a normal situation, there comes a point where government reaches too far into the cogs of trade, economy, commerce, and ownership, and Section 3 seems to be too specific and invasive in those regards.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies