Amendments to crimp the House of Representatives' power (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:30:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Amendments to crimp the House of Representatives' power (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Amendments to crimp the House of Representatives' power  (Read 4143 times)
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 06, 2013, 03:34:16 PM »

We absolutely have to reduce the almost unitary power that the House of Representatives has. They think it's their birthright to control everything, and they need to be slapped down.

I think there should be an amendment so the presidential election can't be thrown into the House. If no candidate gets a majority in the Electoral College, then whoever wins the popular vote should be the winner. It makes sense. If the House is the people's house, then we should just skip their partisanship and let the people's choice prevail.

I understand why budgeting bills are supposed to originate in the House, but the House has proven they're too irresponsible to have this power. So I think this should be changed also.

So what your saying is, the House closest to the people need to be stripped of their powers. How progressive of you.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies