When will there be another evangelical Democratic candidate for President again? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:37:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  When will there be another evangelical Democratic candidate for President again? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: When will there be another evangelical Democratic candidate for President again?  (Read 3230 times)
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« on: January 07, 2013, 12:23:40 PM »

Whoa, Bill Clinton is a Southern Baptist? I assumed he was a Methodist, like Hillary.

He actually left that religion. He's now an unaffiliated Baptist.

As for the question: Perhaps never in the near future. Carter ran during a time when a significant amount of Evangelicals were Democratic. They all disappeared in the 90's. If there was the off hand chance one did, he/she would be branded as a "Judas" among Evangelicals and won't even get to the nomination stage.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 05:12:49 PM »

What about an actually liberal evangelical?

BRTD, are there any liberal evangelicals in the House/Senate/Governors' Mansions?

Not that I know of besides blacks from majority black districts, but this question is asking toward the future as well. I'm actually surprised there are so few, since there are a notable number in the Minnesota legislature.

If there is a religious left movement, black evangelicals/pentecostals will be the first to capitalize it as candidates.
[/quote]

I also expect Catholics to capitalize it as well, to a limited degree.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies