2008 Predictions... just for the hell of it. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:03:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 Predictions... just for the hell of it. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2008 Predictions... just for the hell of it.  (Read 16419 times)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« on: May 31, 2005, 07:03:23 PM »

He has a point. Santorum is not nearly as right-wing as some people like to pretend.

They'll never accept that...

He is possily one of the top 5 & definatle in the top 10 of most conservative Senators

I'm not one to go by what the National Journal ratings are word for word but I do believe they come close in their analysis. What would you say about this - http://www.redstate.org/story/2005/2/11/154627/855  Santorum's not even in the top 10. If someone's so obviously conservative and one of the most conservative in the Senate, why isn't he there?

This is the list of Senators who recieved a 100% rating by the ACU, American Conservative Union, for 2004:

Jim Bunning (R-KY)
Conrad Burns (R-MT)
John Cornyn (R-TX)
James M. Inhofe (R-OK)
Jon Kyl (R-AZ)
Don Nickles (R-OK)
John E. Sununu (R-NH)
Craig Thomas (R-WY)

Note that Santorum's name is not in there.

Rick Santorum's ACU rating for 2004 was a 96 and he has a lifetime score of 90. While Conservative these numbers do not put him near the top of the pack.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 08:19:50 PM »

He has a point. Santorum is not nearly as right-wing as some people like to pretend.

They'll never accept that...

He is possily one of the top 5 & definatle in the top 10 of most conservative Senators

I'm not one to go by what the National Journal ratings are word for word but I do believe they come close in their analysis. What would you say about this - http://www.redstate.org/story/2005/2/11/154627/855  Santorum's not even in the top 10. If someone's so obviously conservative and one of the most conservative in the Senate, why isn't he there?

This is the list of Senators who recieved a 100% rating by the ACU, American Conservative Union, for 2004:

Jim Bunning (R-KY)
Conrad Burns (R-MT)
John Cornyn (R-TX)
James M. Inhofe (R-OK)
Jon Kyl (R-AZ)
Don Nickles (R-OK)
John E. Sununu (R-NH)
Craig Thomas (R-WY)

Note that Santorum's name is not in there.

Rick Santorum's ACU rating for 2004 was a 96 and he has a lifetime score of 90. While Conservative these numbers do not put him near the top of the pack.

I believe the ratings that they gave Sen. Jim Inhofe and Fmr. Sen. Don Nickles are true, maybe slightly overdoing it just a bit, but I would still rank both of them in the top 12.  I would rank Tom Coburn where Jim Inhofe is on that rating and move Jim Inhofe to where Don Nickles was in the 2004 ratings.

BTW, what month were these ratings conducted?  I was just wondering when the new ratings will come out.

Secular,

While I may be fairly conservative (I try to appeal to both the moderates and conservatives), I can see the liberal point of view.  Thats why I watch CNN mostly.  I can see your point of view.  Not trying to derogatively label you liberal, but just as a matter of my observance.  You have an equal right to your opinion on these matters as everybody else on this forum and those not on this forum.  I just hope you can respect other's point of views, from the left, middle, and right.  You don't have to agree with our positions, but at least respect them.  I do the same for everybody on this forum, regardless of party affiliation.

As has been said before, Welcome to the Forum!  Hope you find it a fun and invigorating (sp?) experience.  Thats what this forum is for, having fun.

BushOklahoma, the ratings are published every year by the American Conservative Union according to the voting records. The people listed were not listed in any particular order. They all scored 100% in the ratings, which is the most conservative score.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 03:37:56 PM »

Good for Senator Santorum, the mainstream compassionate conservative, steering a balanced,  moderate course, one that is fair to all Americans.

He is working to keep America from degenerating into a cesspool of immorality, debauchery and decadence.

America does not have to cow tow to the radical gay agenda, just because the raving looney left wingnuts say so.   
Are you on drugs?!?!

No, I just speak the truth, and some don't like to hear it.

Out of curiosity, are you a Freeper?

I'm not familiar with that term at all.

Please clarify.

Or not.

A freeper is a person who is a poster on the internet message board Free Republic.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies