2008 Predictions... just for the hell of it. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:47:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 Predictions... just for the hell of it. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2008 Predictions... just for the hell of it.  (Read 16380 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« on: May 31, 2005, 05:29:44 PM »

He has a point. Santorum is not nearly as right-wing as some people like to pretend.

They'll never accept that...

He is possily one of the top 5 & definatle in the top 10 of most conservative Senators
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 10:06:22 PM »

He has a point. Santorum is not nearly as right-wing as some people like to pretend.

He is possily one of the top 5 & definatle in the top 10 of most conservative Senators

I'm not one to go by what the National Journal ratings are word for word but I do believe they come close in their analysis. What would you say about this - http://www.redstate.org/story/2005/2/11/154627/855  Santorum's not even in the top 10. If someone's so obviously conservative and one of the most conservative in the Senate, why isn't he there?

Didin't the National Journal rank kerry as the most liberal senator?  & I know you said months back that you didn't believe that Kerry was the most liberal, so why do you put so much faith into this one??
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 10:13:26 PM »

Sununu, didn't know he had a 100%. Gawd that seems quite high for him.

Sununu is fairly conservative, but he isn't as conservative as Santorum.  The problem with some of these ratings systems is their are rather selective in the votes that they use.  If I'm not mistaken the ACU uses something like 24 or 25 votes over a year span.  Kyl is someone else who I wouild say while being conservative is less conservative than Santorum.

This is wjat I would say is the top 10 as far as most conservative

1.  Coburn
2.  Bunning
3.  Inhofe
4.  Cornyn
5.  Demint
6  Santorum
7. Brownback
8.  Lott
9.  Frist
10.  Thomas

Edit forgot Brownback
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 10:17:58 PM »

I'm not one to go by what the National Journal ratings are word for word but I do believe they come close in their analysis. What would you say about this - http://www.redstate.org/story/2005/2/11/154627/855  Santorum's not even in the top 10. If someone's so obviously conservative and one of the most conservative in the Senate, why isn't he there?

Didin't the National Journal rank kerry as the most liberal senator?  & I know you said months back that you didn't believe that Kerry was the most liberal, so why do you put so much faith into this one??

I did say that I didn't believe it but if so many people believe Santorum is so far right, why isn't he atleast in the top 10?

Because the way they do the ratings are pretty screwy.  In almost every other journal determining how liberal the Senators were Kerry wasn't in the top 10 in many of them (& barley in the top 10 in the ones he was) & Edwards usually ranked somewhere between 16-20, but they had them ranked 1 & 4
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 12:02:32 AM »

Because the way they do the ratings are pretty screwy.  In almost every other journal determining how liberal the Senators were Kerry wasn't in the top 10 in many of them (& barley in the top 10 in the ones he was) & Edwards usually ranked somewhere between 16-20, but they had them ranked 1 & 4

So they're biased towards Santorum?

Did I say that?  No, My point was anyone that ranks Kerry & Edwards #1 & #4 most liberal, have some flaws in how they tally it
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies