Office of IDS Speaker Dereich: Partial Leave of Absence
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:38:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of IDS Speaker Dereich: Partial Leave of Absence
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Office of IDS Speaker Dereich: Partial Leave of Absence  (Read 1835 times)
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 11, 2013, 03:05:12 AM »
« edited: August 23, 2013, 02:02:18 PM by Speaker and Emperor-Elect Dereich »

Hello all! I'll be running for a seat in the legislature soon. What would I bring to the IDS?

First, I'll work for responsible government in the IDS. To work towards a sleek government that can provide essential services cheaply and efficiently would be my number one goal.

Next, I'd work towards constitutional reform. The IDS may be great, but its constitution is a mess.  While Bacon King has recently moved to correct some broken elements, more must be done. I'd make a recalibration of the constitution to make it more easily accessible and user-friendly for IDS citizens a top priority.

Finally, with the influx of Labor voters, we can't act like nothing has changed and go on with business as usual. Working with Labor on improving the lot of the common man while still maintaining a small and efficient government is a necessity and is something I swear to work towards.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 03:29:44 AM »

Fully endorsed! Smiley
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 03:33:34 AM »

Purple heart

Thanks Tmth! Smiley
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 06:30:45 AM »

Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 08:50:54 AM »

Endorsed! Smiley
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 12:01:37 PM »

You've given me your support consistently over the last few months, asking nothing in return. I will definitely vote for you. Good luck. Smiley
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 03:49:15 PM »

First preference endorsement.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 08:30:42 AM »

Thanks to all IDS voters. I promise I'll do my best to represent all citizens of the IDS in the legislature.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 08:38:07 AM »

Congratulations on your election.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 02:43:14 AM »

Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 01:53:37 AM »

Well, its that time again; IDS elections are coming up and I'm running for reelection. I've been an active member of the legislature, working with Labor and TPP members to get a budget passed that cut taxes and helped the disabled.

Going into the future I intend to take up and improve the plan by BaconKing to amend the IDS constitution to get get rid of some of its unnecessary provisions. I also have introduced legislation to improve the IDS business climate and will work to get other business friendly legislation passed. Above all, I pledge to be active. I'll work to keep business moving in the legislature, to get rid of the backlog and make things more interesting again.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2013, 02:01:23 AM »

Endorsed and good luck.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2013, 04:40:05 AM »

I like Dereich. He's been very active and enthusiastic in legislative affairs in the IDS over the past 2 months and provides a valuable energy infusion into the region's government. I'd like to see every IDS Legislator spend as much time representing the region as Dereich.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2013, 01:13:44 PM »

Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2013, 01:42:09 AM »

Well this race is getting more exciting by the day! Pingvin and SPC joining make this race even more exciting and I hope I get the chance to work with both of them.

On to policy: the expansion of the Panama Canal as well as the new trade agreements under consideration in the Senate show that now is the perfect time to prepare IDS ports for increased trade activity. IDS ports, such as those in Miami, Savannah, Jacksonville, Mobile, New Orleans, and Houston will be in key positions to benefit from these changes. I will propose an overhaul of our ports to support this new trade.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2013, 06:07:21 AM »

Endorsed.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2013, 07:47:50 AM »

Endorsed
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2013, 08:58:18 PM »

So its election time and at this point it could still go either way. If you're an IDS voter, GO OUT AND VOTE!
Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2013, 07:56:57 PM »

I'd like to see every IDS Legislator spend as much time representing the region as Dereich.
I would like to myself, if I could. This week should be better, my RL co-office worker is in holiday. Wink

Anyway, seems like Dereich and I should be reelected, along with Hash, even if it's still razor-thin. So if it gets through, congrats to you Dereich, I'll try my best to work harder in the House to get bills passed.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2013, 10:15:24 PM »

Well, the election was hard fought, but now its over. Congratulations to Hash and Zanas, I'm sure we'll all work together and make the IDS a super fun happy place for ever and ever.

This is now converted to an office. If anyone has any concerns or suggestions I'll respond to them as quickly as possible.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2013, 02:54:47 PM »

Ok everyone, this bill which has been fought for across threads and over several elections is up for a vote by the people. I hope everyone will go out to vote, as it would be nice to finally get closure on this, but as one of the legislators that fought for it I'd be happy to answer any last minute questions anyone has about the bill.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2013, 02:26:58 PM »

Hello all, it's been a while since I used this thread. I'm going to Europe over the next week and a half and my Internet access looks like it'll be pretty spotty. At this point I think I'll still have the access required to perform my duties, but if it looks like I won't be able to do so I'll be stepping down from being speaker. I should know by tomorrow if that will be the case.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2013, 05:22:50 PM »

I'd hoped you were announcing a run for higher office or somesuch.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2013, 03:50:58 PM »

Hi, I'm declaring a leave of absence that will last up to 4 days.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2013, 12:28:51 PM »
« Edited: July 10, 2013, 12:33:09 PM by Speaker Dereich »

Hey y'all, although I don't get to a regular computer until tomorrow I now have the Internet again and wi get back to work. I hope to have some constitutional changes to introduce by the end of the week to finally get the name issue to a vote. Also, as the Supreme Court has ended the state of anarchy in the Pacific, by its own wording the Restoration of Pacific Order act has expired and our Pacific rescue mission is at its end, as the Emperor has said elsewhere. Congratulations for having a government again and always know we'll be happy to help again in a time of need!
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies