2014 Senate and House Predictions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:53:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2014 Senate and House Predictions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2014 Senate and House Predictions  (Read 18670 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: January 12, 2013, 11:51:45 PM »

Republicans aren't going to win anything that's D+ in PVI, they won only one seat like that last year, CA-31 and that race didn't even include a Democrat. R+ seats are the only place they have a chance in and even some of those are difficult.

LoBiondo may end up with a D+1 seat. It was EVEN in 2008 and most of the counties swung slightly to Obama. 
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 12:38:34 AM »

Republicans aren't going to win anything that's D+ in PVI, they won only one seat like that last year, CA-31 and that race didn't even include a Democrat. R+ seats are the only place they have a chance in and even some of those are difficult.

I was going to point out loBiondo, yeah, but...this post is funny enough I don't have to.

Why not? Why are Republicans incapable of winning D+1 or 2 or 3 when they have a better candidate with a better campaign or a better environment than the Democrats do? Just like Democrats are capable of winning R+1 or 2 or 3 when they run a better campaign and a better candidate or have a better environment than the Republicans do. Those numbers aren't etched in stone either, seats shift over time, sometimes even from the Democrats to the Republican Party.

I think part of the reason is that its seems that there are more competitive R PVI districts than those with D PVI's.

For example, if you look at states like NC or OH, Republicans could never win the districts with Democratic PVI's (like Butterfield's or Kaptur's). The most competitive districts in those states would be Republican leaning (like Johnson's or McIntyre's).
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 12:13:55 AM »

Good, but I think MA would be a tossup at best if Brown ran.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 12:32:36 AM »

Good, but I think MA would be a tossup at best if Brown ran.
The italics were for were whoever the incumbent is in 2014. If Brown wins, it's Lean R (except for a tossup), and if it's Markey it's a safe Democratic seat.  For the special election this year I think it's a tossup between the two.

Ah, that makes more sense.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies