The Presidential Election is in a Week
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:26:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Presidential Election is in a Week
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Presidential Election is in a Week  (Read 1055 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 12, 2005, 05:59:01 PM »

And there has been no build-up whatsoever. People are still active in fantasy politics, but it seems like we could care less about the election. There is little from the candidates, the debate went nowhere, what's the matter?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2005, 05:59:31 PM »

I care....I'm going on an all-out blitz for my candidate.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2005, 06:52:43 PM »

Not many people got very interested in the debates, which was disappointing.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2005, 06:55:34 PM »

Most already made up their minds?
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2005, 06:55:48 PM »

October was so awesome that this election is a real letdown.  In October we had six tickets, and all of them were competitive. Only Al and badnarik had no chance to win.  This time around, public perception is that KEmperor has this in the bag.  If only PBrunsel had stayed in the race, it would be alot more interesting.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2005, 06:59:25 PM »

It would have been much more interesting with StatesRights in the race
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2005, 07:04:20 PM »

We have elections?!?!?!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2005, 07:10:58 PM »

Keep in mind, Engle/Tweed never dropped out!
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2005, 07:13:11 PM »

Badnarik actually had a very good chance to win. He wasn't picked last by anyone, that I can recall, so a few more early votes, and he picks them up from all over. Kinda like Hugh.

Interesting thing, Lewis would win right now.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2005, 07:19:47 PM »

My Presidency is almost over! Shocked
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2005, 07:20:51 PM »

And i would put you second on my list of best presidents so far.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2005, 07:20:59 PM »

Your presidency saw unparalled gridlock that resulted in unparalled partisan hate-spewing. How many bills have you vetoed?
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2005, 07:24:11 PM »

Your presidency saw unparalled gridlock that resulted in unparalled partisan hate-spewing. How many bills have you vetoed?

I veto what I see is wrong. Besides, my Presidency prodeuced no more partisan hate than the unneeded UAC hate durring Gustaf and JFK's Presidency. Akno, why don't you read another Atlasia history besides "The World According to the Harry-Akno Ticket" all right.

I whooped you two in the Presidential election, GET OVER IT!
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2005, 07:25:29 PM »

That is why the veto is there.  So the president can veto stuff he disagrees with.  That is why the senate has a veto overide.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2005, 07:26:04 PM »

I veto what I see is wrong. Besides, my Presidency prodeuced no more partisan hate than the unneeded UAC hate durring Gustaf and JFK's Presidency. Akno, why don't you read another Atlasia history besides "The World According to the Harry-Akno Ticket" all right.

I should have put a smiley after vetoed. It's not your fault you and the Senate had ideological differences. I just think that may have led to the intense anger and partisan fights during your administration.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2005, 07:29:53 PM »

I think the partisanship is a by product of us turning the game into more than a game.  People have personal vendettas against people, people stick to their ideological points even when it is the wrong decision, and people file partisan Supreme Court cases. 

That is why, I've decided to withdraw my Supreme Court case.  Akno's bill is the law of the land, and I will not exacerbate the situation by carrying on with it.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2005, 08:39:29 PM »

You really are very bitter about the fact that the knives came out for you in late December aren't you?
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2005, 09:04:06 PM »

You really are very bitter about the fact that the knives came out for you in late December aren't you?

I'm not mad at any of them, or bitter that they left, and i'm only let down that i'm not going to be saw as "Mr. Nice Guy" anymore. Smiley
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2005, 11:12:13 PM »

I should have put a smiley after vetoed. It's not your fault you and the Senate had ideological differences. I just think that may have led to the intense anger and partisan fights during your administration.

If PBrunsel's vetos did create intense anger and partisan fights, I don't really think it's fair to imply that that's partly PBrunsel's fault; it's the fault of the partisans who can't admit that maybe the other side has a point.  I may not agree with his vetos, but they certainly don't make me angry or think lesser of him or something.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2005, 11:41:04 PM »

If PBrunsel's vetos did create intense anger and partisan fights, I don't really think it's fair to imply that that's partly PBrunsel's fault; it's the fault of the partisans who can't admit that maybe the other side has a point.  I may not agree with his vetos, but they certainly don't make me angry or think lesser of him or something.

I think it was the feeling of gridlock, and you can't blame that on either side. PBrunsel vetoed bills he thought would hurt Atlasia, the Senate passed bills they thought would help Atlasia. Neither side is wrong.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2005, 01:10:57 PM »

I may not agree with his vetos, but they certainly don't make me angry or think lesser of him or something.
Exactly.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies