If MLK wasn't killed (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:46:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  If MLK wasn't killed (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If MLK wasn't killed  (Read 4542 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: January 21, 2013, 04:47:49 PM »

Horray for a new timeline! Okay, so lets start. Oh, and the reason I'm doing this is to comemerate, and somewhat celebrate MLK Day, by making a timeline! So, enjoy...

1968 MLK is nearly assassinated, soon civil rights activists find James E. Ray, and nearly kill him, but they ask MLK what to do with him, so under MLK's directions, they send him to the Supreme Court of Tennessee, he is later convicted of near murder, thus life in prison, but the African American community doesn't feel like that was enough, so they send him to the Supreme Court, there, he is sentenced to death, but it was to be held after the 1968 election.

Do you have any idea about judicial system and penal code?

I changed it.

First of all, a failed assassination attempt was neither state nor federal capital crime. Second, there was an effective moratorium on executions in the United States after 1967. Third, you have no idea about trial procedure: the Supreme Count is the last instance of appeals.

I mean what the fyck, kid? I appreciate your enthusiasm but learn about some basic facts before spamming this board. 

I'm sorry.. I'm actually just starting politics, and this was just for my entertainment.
Don't use this board for your own entertainment.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 05:29:24 PM »

Horray for a new timeline! Okay, so lets start. Oh, and the reason I'm doing this is to comemerate, and somewhat celebrate MLK Day, by making a timeline! So, enjoy...

1968 MLK is nearly assassinated, soon civil rights activists find James E. Ray, and nearly kill him, but they ask MLK what to do with him, so under MLK's directions, they send him to the Supreme Court of Tennessee, he is later convicted of near murder, thus life in prison, but the African American community doesn't feel like that was enough, so they send him to the Supreme Court, there, he is sentenced to death, but it was to be held after the 1968 election.

Do you have any idea about judicial system and penal code?

I changed it.

First of all, a failed assassination attempt was neither state nor federal capital crime. Second, there was an effective moratorium on executions in the United States after 1967. Third, you have no idea about trial procedure: the Supreme Count is the last instance of appeals.

I mean what the fyck, kid? I appreciate your enthusiasm but learn about some basic facts before spamming this board.  

I'm sorry.. I'm actually just starting politics, and this was just for my entertainment.

Sorry for snapping at you. Naturally we all have to start and it's great to have young people becoming interested in politics. Just please keep three things in mind:

1. When you post something on the forum it's no longer just for your entertainment. There are standards of posting.
2. Try to be realistic. Checking facts is never a waste of time.
3. Better use spell check (feature you can see when you're posting). Personally, I'm using it constantly since I'm not a native English speaker.
Am I the only one who thinks this is a sock/troll?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies