February 2013 Presidential Election - 2nd Debate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:47:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  February 2013 Presidential Election - 2nd Debate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: February 2013 Presidential Election - 2nd Debate  (Read 2516 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« on: January 23, 2013, 08:57:00 PM »

We have presently seven candidates running for the office of President of Atlasia. They are, in the order they declared:

GPORTER (Fed-TN)
Marokai Blue (Lab-IA)
Kalwejt (JEP-SD)
Winfield (SCP-RI)
Al Widdershins (CMPA-WV)
Cathcon (Fed-MI)
Keystone Phil (FdA-PA)

This will be the second debate of the February 2013 Presidential election. It shall begin with opening statements, followed by questioning. A round of questioning shall continue for either twenty-four hours or until all candidates have responded, whichever is sooner. There will be a separate thread for issues, questions, and/or commentary. Much as the previous debate focused on game reform, this one will center on economics.

Best of luck to all the candidates, and may the debate begin!

First question (an easy, broad one to kick off the debate): what would you do to decrease unemployment and create jobs?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 09:22:00 PM »

Mr. Joyce, I may be mistaken here, I'll admit it's possible, but I believe I declared before Mr. Widdershins. And possibly other candidates listed.

My records and that of the DoFE have your declaration for the election on January 13, 2013 at 6:20:23 PM. Mr. Widdershins declared on January 07, 2013, at 8:25:24 PM.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 10:03:45 PM »

Mr. Joyce, I may be mistaken here, I'll admit it's possible, but I believe I declared before Mr. Widdershins. And possibly other candidates listed.

My records and that of the DoFE have your declaration for the election on January 13, 2013 at 6:20:23 PM. Mr. Widdershins declared on January 07, 2013, at 8:25:24 PM.

Your reactionary style of judgement is... well I can't say I approve. I'd use stronger language, but you're the debate moderator.

Mr. Cathcon, my style of judgement for when you officially announced your candidacy for the office of President is the exact same as that employed by the Secretary of Federal Elections. Don't take it up with me.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 08:12:37 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2013, 08:15:02 PM by SoEA SJoyce »

Next question (those of you who haven't responded can catch up) (per request of Gov. Scott): How would you act to reform our education system, including specifically standardized testing?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 02:23:33 PM »

Since this debate appears to be dead...

I'll just post all the questions, allow all the candidates to answer as they choose, and then rebut each other's responses.

What is your stance on affirmative action?

Would you introduce any new taxes?

Are there any industries you believe should be subsidized?

Is there any government function you would privatize, or any private function you would nationalize?

How would you help individuals reduce their personal debt (student, credit card, etc)?

What would you do to aid Atlasian manufacturing?

What would you do to aid Atlasian small businesses?

How would you reform our healthcare system?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 08:13:06 PM »

Y'all want a third debate in this format, a townhall one, and/or a VP debate?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies