President Obama interview re: Congress and the media (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:43:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  President Obama interview re: Congress and the media (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: President Obama interview re: Congress and the media  (Read 225 times)
Link
« on: January 27, 2013, 02:01:11 PM »

OBAMA: Well, no, let me be clear. There's not a—there's no equivalence there. In fact, that's one of the biggest problems we've got in how folks report about Washington right now, because I think journalists rightly value the appearance of impartiality and objectivity. And so the default position for reporting is to say, "A plague on both their houses." On almost every issue, it's, "Well, Democrats and Republicans can't agree"—as opposed to looking at why is it that they can't agree. Who exactly is preventing us from agreeing?

While I think he is being charitable to Democrats though I agree with his over all point.  Saying both parties are to blame equally is completely worthless.  I can tell you that five years from now MSNBC's evening line up will say it is all the Republicans fault.  Fox News' 24/7 line up will tell you it is all the Democrats' fault.  Every other outlet will tell you it is both their faults equally.  How is that news if I can predict it five years out?  It's so stupid.  Give me some honest analysis.

The fact of the matter is the Republicans on multiple occasions came out and said that their mission was to make Obama a one term president.  That needs to be reported and called out.  If someone puts their foot down and says they don't like you how is that your fault?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies