DHS orders selective fire assault rifles for personal defense.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:48:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DHS orders selective fire assault rifles for personal defense.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: DHS orders selective fire assault rifles for personal defense.  (Read 3270 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2013, 12:30:23 AM »

By whom?!

We're the ones who've been doing the attacking.

This is news to me. I didn't know the government was engaging in the systematic slaughter of its own citizens.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2013, 12:33:16 AM »

This is news to me. I didn't know the government was engaging in the systematic slaughter of its own citizens.

Over a million Iraqis are nothing?
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2013, 12:48:21 AM »

Right cause our country has been attacked so often these past 11 years.

Yes, in large part due to the fine work of the many agencies in DHS....
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2013, 12:58:26 AM »

Over a million Iraqis are nothing?

And the Department of Homeland Security is doing the fighting. Gotcha.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2013, 01:26:20 AM »

Shocked It never ceases to amaze me just how much liberals sound like conservatives.

They're both exactly the same anymore. They all want to spend our way into oblivion, instigate wars against people who don't look like us, constantly provoke an already agitated Middle East... I could go on for hours.

And the people who sanctioned the atrocities in the Middle East continue to buy weapons to "protect" themselves from us.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2013, 04:42:21 AM »

Shocked It never ceases to amaze me just how much liberals sound like conservatives.

They're both exactly the same anymore. They all want to spend our way into oblivion, instigate wars against people who don't look like us, constantly provoke an already agitated Middle East... I could go on for hours.

And the people who sanctioned the atrocities in the Middle East continue to buy weapons to "protect" themselves from us.

Ok, and right there at the end things turn very weird.....

Do people who talk about Second Amendment remedies realize they're ultimately ADVOCATING THE MURDER OF AMERICAN SERVICEMEN AND WOMEN?? 'Oh no! I never meant that! I'm patriotic blahblahblah' STOP!! That is PRECISELY what 'Second Amendment remedies' mean!

Maybe putting it in that context might make us realize how far from that course we are, and how far we TRULY have to go before tyranny is upon us.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2013, 05:57:21 AM »
« Edited: January 29, 2013, 05:59:13 AM by Runeghost »

It takes some weird thinking to believe that society is better if there is easy civilian access to the same weaponry as the government.   Personally, I kind of feel better knowing the people sworn to protect us have some advantages.

Protect us from what? Advantages over what? Does the TSA need more firepower to deal with those pesky luggage locks? Do you think they should unleash the proverbial "lead hose" at a fleeing suspect in a crowded concourse? Even if we presume that the TSA does stop "terrorists" at airports, what earthly use does an agency devoted to pat-downs, scanners, and checking luggage have for automatic weapons?

The TSA needs fully automatic weapons about as much as any citizen does, which is to say, not at all, unless planning violence against the public.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2013, 06:22:39 AM »

It takes some weird thinking to believe that society is better if there is easy civilian access to the same weaponry as the government.   Personally, I kind of feel better knowing the people sworn to protect us have some advantages.

Protect us from what? Advantages over what? Does the TSA need more firepower to deal with those pesky luggage locks? Do you think they should unleash the proverbial "lead hose" at a fleeing suspect in a crowded concourse? Even if we presume that the TSA does stop "terrorists" at airports, what earthly use does an agency devoted to pat-downs, scanners, and checking luggage have for automatic weapons?

The TSA needs fully automatic weapons about as much as any citizen does, which is to say, not at all, unless planning violence against the public.

Must be a gubmint plot! They ain't gonna put me in no camp! >:-(

Adjust your tin foil.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2013, 09:30:10 AM »

The DHS having any weapons scares me.

Why? Are you planning on committing terrorism?

The terrorism excuse is so overused anymore it's not even funny.

Neither is terrorism.

The rejects from 7-11 end up at DHS, sadly, and knowing they are armed heavily scares the bejusus out of me.  K?  Thx.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2013, 10:50:49 AM »

Must be a gubmint plot! They ain't gonna put me in no camp! >:-(

Adjust your tin foil.

Oh please. :-D Just because I indulge in a bit of hyperbole doesn't mean my point isn't valid. The TSA has no need for assault rifles, or any other full-auto weapon. Maybe a pistol, taser, or some pepper spray for cases where they don't have police and/or security guards as readily available backup. But that's it.

The TSA's job isn't to confront the bad guys, it's to check ID, read screens, and ensure people form orderly lines. Should DMV employees should have assault rifles?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies