Winfield Presidential Announcement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:08:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Winfield Presidential Announcement
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Winfield Presidential Announcement  (Read 627 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 12, 2017, 09:29:53 AM »

After careful and emotional consideration, even knowing that I have many of the qualities that a drifting Atlasia needs at this point in history, I have, regrettably, decided NOT to become a candidate for President of Atlasia.

It is with a heavy heart that I have arrived at this conclusion, and yet, I am at peace with myself.

This political war horse has had several runs for the top job, yet, it has eluded me each time.  

I will always accept the decision of Atlasians.

I live with the hope that Atlasians will elect a President who truly has the best interests of all Atlasians at heart, one who will respect the plight of the down trodden and less fortunate in society, one who will put the needs of all Atlasians ahead of their own ambitions, and one who will uphold the constitution, and not manipulate it to their own selfish ends.

I live with the hope that Atlasians will elect a President who spends their energy working on jobs for Atlasians, one who believes all Atlasians deserve affordable and effective health care and security.

I live with the hope that Atlasians will elect a President who keeps the nation strong, safe, and secure in the world.

Myself, I will continue on with my humanitarian efforts, helping where I can to make life better for the less fortunate, for those who may be on the outskirts of society, for those who need a hand up.

Atlasia approaches a critical time, one that will require hard work and dedicated service, and one that will require leadership with vision and integrity.

My fellow Atlasians, the future of this nation lies in your hands.

Please choose wisely.

Thank you.

Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 11:44:09 AM »

I endorse your decision not to run for President.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 05:04:32 PM »

I'm disappointed. When I read the thread title I thought it was a positive announcement.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 05:19:52 PM »

I'm disappointed. When I read the thread title I thought it was a positive announcement.

Agreed. A presidential election without Winfield is like a pancake without maple syrup.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 09:56:11 PM »

Thank you so very much Poirot, my very good friend.

I appreciate your kind words.

The torch has been passed to a new generation of Atlasians.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 10:00:11 PM »

Agreed. A presidential election without Winfield is like a pancake without maple syrup.

Thank you very much Governor Wells.

I will very much miss the cut and thrust of debate and discussion in the Presidential election.

I believe that I brought some color and pizazz to previous Presidential election campaigns.

But I just do not have, as it has been called, "the fire in the belly" for this campaign.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies