SENATE BILL: Forest Restoration Act of 2013 (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:13:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Forest Restoration Act of 2013 (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Forest Restoration Act of 2013 (Law'd)  (Read 3751 times)
Spamage
spamage
United States

« on: January 29, 2013, 07:29:15 PM »

I support this bill largely because its time to address the continued destruction of our forests. We need to make a valid solution in order to allow us to continue to use wood and lumber without it affecting, hurting, and destroying our environment. This has been a success in the Pacific and I believe nationally it will only improve our standing by almost making lumber a continous resource and forests abundant.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 04:27:45 PM »

This is the sum total of all the changes I'd propose.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I support this.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 11:14:06 PM »

Perhaps we could better tie in 2(2) with the specific industry of forestry as well as make a requirement of quantity of invasive species removed. That way we would prevent the examples shown above. Also, I think that, based of Senator Hagrid's information added, we should only give the break for specific species of trees.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 07:27:30 PM »

So, Spamage, would you classify the amendment as hostile until the changes are made? If so, Ben, would you be willing to change the amendment or do you want a vote on it as is?

I will. I support the 10% tax break but think that the 25% survival rule should probably be there. Also I think clarification is necessary for the tax break as several others have pointed out. I may propose an amendment this evening (I assume I can do so?).
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 02:17:54 AM »

It seems like this bill would encourage higher tree density - which isn't always a good thing for some species, and forest fires also become a greater concern.

True, it does appear that way as you are required to plant more trees than those you logged but you are only forced to do so because as saplings planted trees have higher mortality rates. For those that do survive the ecosystem expands, eventually there aren't enough niches for some of the trees to survive and they ultimately die out as well.  Nature truly has a great way of sorting out itself.

Also in response to Nix, every forest is unique, although the requirements would be similar the true results are that as long as the native species are planted in their correct biome then the forest will continue its unique tradition.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 05:18:04 PM »

We are kind of in procedural limbo here because I am not getting clear directives from bill and amendment sponsors.

Is Ben's amendment going to be modified, or is it going to be withdrawn for something else at this point?

Personally, I prefer Nix's... but its not my choice to withdraw Ben's
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 07:01:03 PM »

We are kind of in procedural limbo here because I am not getting clear directives from bill and amendment sponsors.

Is Ben's amendment going to be modified, or is it going to be withdrawn for something else at this point?

yes
Personally, I prefer Nix's... but its not my choice to withdraw Ben's

Does that mean, you are accepting Nix's as friendly?
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 12:55:15 PM »

I like this.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 07:03:15 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Sponsor Feedback: No Entry
Status: We'll I'm Waitin, Waitin on a Sunny Day. Gonna Chase the Clouds Aways, I Need You to Chase the Blues Away  Springsteen ftw! Been a while since I used that for this. Tongue

The Department of Agriculture is probably the most appropriate group to administer this so I support this.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 08:08:09 PM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies