MA: Mideast Budget Amendment (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:05:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  MA: Mideast Budget Amendment (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA: Mideast Budget Amendment (Passed)  (Read 3798 times)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: January 30, 2013, 02:24:38 PM »

For the hundredth time (a slight exaggeration, but it's certainly been quite a few) can someone from the left please explain to me why 110% is so much worse than 125% from an economic standpoint, once you consider clause three? On top of that, I'd be interested in hearing the same argument for 115% and 117%. I have yet to hear an actual argument for having a higher percentage. As I've said before, I would certainly be willing to negotiate with a number more if someone on the left would actually engage in a real debate on the economic difference between the two, but that has yet to happen.
I'm with you.  I don't see what's wrong with 110%.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 04:30:38 PM »

I would like to ask those who are proposing a higher debt ceiling: what is wrong with 110%, and why would a higher rate be better?  Governor Tmth and I have both asked this question before and have yet to receive an answer.  Could someone please explain this?
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 07:15:37 PM »

I propose the following amendment to the bill:
You must be logged in to read this quote.
[/quote]
Sponsor: Tmthforu94
[/quote]
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 11:06:47 AM »

If the 2/3 is what you're worried about, I would be willing to eliminate that in exchange for say, 110%?

While I'm worried about that, it is an unnecessary evil because we have to have something to allow us to go over the limit in the case of an emergency. I am just afraid that might always be possible in a case of an emergency due to the economic ideologies of potential Assemblymen. That is why I am fighting to have the limit be as high as reasonably possible.   
I agree with Gass.  I think the emergency clause is important because you never know when you have to go over the limit.  That's why I proposed a simple majority vote to do it instead of 2/3; I was trying to create a reasonable compromise.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 11:25:25 AM »

If the 2/3 is what you're worried about, I would be willing to eliminate that in exchange for say, 110%?

While I'm worried about that, it is an unnecessary evil because we have to have something to allow us to go over the limit in the case of an emergency. I am just afraid that might always be possible in a case of an emergency due to the economic ideologies of potential Assemblymen. That is why I am fighting to have the limit be as high as reasonably possible.   
I agree with Gass.  I think the emergency clause is important because you never know when you have to go over the limit.  That's why I proposed a simple majority vote to do it instead of 2/3; I was trying to create a reasonable compromise.

IF a simple majority can go over the limit, how is there a limit?
We could only do it in emergencies that would be specifically designated in the bill.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 09:24:26 AM »

IF a simple majority can go over the limit, how is there a limit?
We could only do it in emergencies that would be specifically designated in the bill.

What is an "emergency"?
We would determine that in an amendment.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 09:00:19 AM »

Do my fellow Assemblymen think it is a better idea to set a specific monetary amount, as the bill currently has, or a percentage of GDP, as has been suggested?
A percentage of GDP is probably fairer.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 09:17:24 AM »

Sponsor: Tmthforu94
[/quote]
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 07:11:14 PM »

I think the original pre-GDP plan was fine, for what it's worth.
I'm signing on with you and Talleyrand on this one as well.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 08:07:24 AM »

Aye

BTW: What happened to the other provision that we were debating so much?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies