Akno21 SCANDAL
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:35:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Akno21 SCANDAL
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Akno21 SCANDAL  (Read 5059 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2005, 09:10:14 PM »

For the sake of a relative newbie such as myself, would anybody care to summarise the GirlGoneWild 'scandal'?

From what I gather, Akno got a friend of his to register on the forum, register to vote, then vote for Flyers/Tweed despite not really knowing/caring about fantasy politics.  Is that more or less right?

no, ggw was made up by flyers, who is not tweed.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2005, 09:10:22 PM »

I know what I did was wrong, but this is a witchunt.  I feel this is a gross distortion of Akno's involvment in PhillyGate.  This is a power grab by the AFRNC.  My political career is ruined, but to ruin someone else's because they are in the same party and the fact he was my campaign manager is preposterous.

He lied about it. That's the problem.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2005, 09:10:35 PM »

For the sake of a relative newbie such as myself, would anybody care to summarise the GirlGoneWild 'scandal'?

From what I gather, Akno got a friend of his to register on the forum, register to vote, then vote for Flyers/Tweed despite not really knowing/caring about fantasy politics.  Is that more or less right?

No.  Irish Democrat/Flyers created a fake account known as GirlGoneWild, in order to have an extra vote in his race against Supersoulty.  What you refer to is Tomatosouping, which is not technically illegal.  And Tweed and Irish Dem are two different people.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2005, 09:11:30 PM »

I know what I did was wrong, but this is a witchunt.  I feel this is a gross distortion of Akno's involvment in PhillyGate.  This is a power grab by the AFRNC.  My political career is ruined, but to ruin someone else's because they are in the same party and the fact he was my campaign manager is preposterous.

It's the truth.  Why you continue to try and shift blame onto others is beyond me?

In some ways, you're worse than Akno in this situation.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2005, 09:12:54 PM »

hmmm....
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2005, 09:14:52 PM »

Can any of you honestly claim that you have known of something in the past, that you knew was wrong, but kept quite anyway.

May he who has committed no sin cast the first stone.  I feel sorry that Akno has to pay, so dearly for something that I am certain we have all done countless times. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2005, 09:17:22 PM »

I feel sorry that Akno has to pay, so dearly for something that I am certain we have all done countless times. 

I have not lied about a member creating a voter so that he can win an election against you "countless times."
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2005, 09:17:51 PM »

Can any of you honestly claim that you have known of something in the past, that you knew was wrong, but kept quite anyway.

May he who has committed no sin cast the first stone.  I feel sorry that Akno has to pay, so dearly for something that I am certain we have all done countless times. 

This is now the most ridiculous post in the history of the Atlasian Fantasy Forum.

I know I haven't committed anything like Akno and IrishDem have and I doubt anyone else has either.

Why you choose to blame everyone else is beyond my understanding.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2005, 09:19:13 PM »

Phil sounds like Joe Scarborough on that tape, interrogating some UN person.

I knew Phil, and possibly others, had a potentially damaging tape on me. That is why I have been cordial to him the past few weeks. To be honest, I feel better now, I can act freer, I'm not running for anything, I'm not running anything, I can criticize people freely...as I just did above.

I don't intend to go away, though I don't intend to run for office. I'll just be a part of Atlasia. In a way it's good, since sometimes I don't feel I'm up to the intellectual level of the Senate set by Gabu and John Ford and Super. If you guys want to hate me, fine, you have every right to, I lied, bottom line.

You know, the interesting thing is, this is Phil's biggest accomplishment. He dug out the truth. If there's ever a CSI Philly, he's your guy. (I'll give him credit for sticking out 4 months as VP)

If there is one thing we can all learn, it is that no matter how safe a secret may seem, it never is really secret.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2005, 09:22:00 PM »

Phil sounds like Joe Scarborough on that tape, interrogating some UN person.

I knew Phil, and possibly others, had a potentially damaging tape on me. That is why I have been cordial to him the past few weeks. To be honest, I feel better now, I can act freer, I'm not running for anything, I'm not running anything, I can criticize people freely...as I just did above.

I don't intend to go away, though I don't intend to run for office. I'll just be a part of Atlasia. In a way it's good, since sometimes I don't feel I'm up to the intellectual level of the Senate set by Gabu and John Ford and Super. If you guys want to hate me, fine, you have every right to, I lied, bottom line.

You know, the interesting thing is, this is Phil's biggest accomplishment. He dug out the truth. If there's ever a CSI Philly, he's your guy. (I'll give him credit for sticking out 4 months as VP)

If there is one thing we can all learn, it is that no matter how safe a secret may seem, it never is really secret.

I knew you were a fake to me these past weeks. I knew it all along. I now have the tapes out. Now I feel free.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2005, 09:23:09 PM »

Wow, um, let's see...I think there's another slightly different lesson we can learn here...
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2005, 09:24:10 PM »

This is now the most ridiculous post in the history of the Atlasian Fantasy Forum.

I know I haven't committed anything like Akno and IrishDem have and I doubt anyone else has either.

Why you choose to blame everyone else is beyond my understanding.

I'm not blaming everyone else, I'm only asking for a bit of civility.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2005, 09:26:21 PM »

Wow, um, let's see...I think there's another slightly different lesson we can learn here...

I mean deep, life lessons, outside of the obvious cheating is bad, and so is Akno.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2005, 09:26:39 PM »

GirlGoneWildGate was funny. What's wrong with a little voter fraud?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2005, 09:30:08 PM »

I'm not blaming everyone else, I'm only asking for a bit of civility.

If you're not blaming everyone else, what does this quote here mean?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That what Jesus said to the woman who had committed adultery.  He responded that way because he said that we had all committed adultery in our hearts.

It has never passed through my mind to do what Akno and IrishDem do.  Nor has anyone else I know at this forum either.

I can sure as hell cast stones, cause I ain't committed no crimes and have no intention of doing so.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2005, 09:30:38 PM »

It's too late for you at this stage, Philip.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2005, 09:33:19 PM »

Calm down guys, it's NOT that big of scandal.  Akno, I'm sorry for this dude.  No hard feelings...
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2005, 09:34:23 PM »

Calm down guys, it's NOT that big of scandal.  Akno, I'm sorry for this dude.  No hard feelings...

You were right to come out with these recordings. Anyway, I still can and plan to enjoy Atlasia without running for office.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2005, 09:35:25 PM »

You were right to come out with these recordings. Anyway, I still can and plan to enjoy Atlasia without running for office.

I came out with the recordings. King just helped set them up.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2005, 09:36:22 PM »
« Edited: February 13, 2005, 09:38:04 PM by Flyers2005 »

Now Phillip, I was wrong.  However, it seems like KeystonePhil is severely overzealous and got very Scarbourough-like with me regarding Akno.  There is a crime with a matching punishment.  I am no longer in Fantasy politics as a result.  I would like to run for office again and never do anything like this, but I know that will not happen.  

I feel Keystone's inquisition of me is for his political gain however.  As wrong as I am, one should question Keystone Phil in all of this as well.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2005, 09:36:54 PM »

I came out with the recordings. King just helped set them up.

Well, for you it was more a matter of personal vindication than pure quest for the truth, but I suppose I'm not the one to lead an ethics crusade against you. Anyway, kudos on bringing it to light, I didn't have the tapes.
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2005, 09:37:20 PM »

Good for you, Im Glad your not leaving. I do think some people are getting to upset.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2005, 09:38:20 PM »

Okay everyone what I am about to say is deep and it could throw your Atlasian life for a loop....

IT'S ONLY A GAME

AHH I feel better.

Now here's how it goes I don't think anyone should get on Akno's case too accessively. True he probably shouldn't be heading any organizations for awhile.

Though, this is what it comes down to at the human level. If a friend of your's lied would you out him or her?

I'm not saying what I'd do and I'm not defending voter fraud. Its just something to consider.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2005, 09:38:23 PM »

Now Phillip, I was wrong.  However, it seems like KeystonePhil is severely overzealous and got very Scarbourough-like with me regarding Akno.  There is a crime with a matching punishment.  I am no longer in Fantasy politics as a result.  I would like to run for office again and never do anything like this, but I know that will not happen.  

I feel Keystone's inquisition of me is for his politicla gain however.  As wrong as I am, one should question Keystone Phil in all of this as well.

Political gain? Genius, I don't have any political plans for the immediate future.

By the way, what should I be questioned about? Stop whining about the fact that I wanted the truth.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2005, 09:39:32 PM »

got very Scarbourough-like with me regarding Akno.  

Also, stop using Akno's lines about Scarborough. If you really meant to use that, you'd know how to spell his name.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies