House of Cards (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:26:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  House of Cards (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: House of Cards  (Read 23197 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: February 25, 2015, 09:40:25 PM »

I just started watching and am three episodes in. I'm hooked.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 09:54:28 PM »

It seems I'm in the minority on the forum, but I for one am incredibly pumped for Season 3 to be released. I know for certain what I'll be doing this weekend.
I only watch an episode a night, to make it last.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 12:25:46 PM »

I don't want to binge watch because I don't want to wait a full year for another season. One episode a night is good for me, for now.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 02:51:46 PM »

Just watched the episode where Frank kills Peter Russo last night. Good stuff so far!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 12:50:31 PM »

RIP Zoe Barnes Sad
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 01:04:20 PM »

I did too. The way she just flew through the air was a bit silly, and I fully expected it as soon as she entered the station.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 01:34:53 PM »

She was definitely the most annoying character, for sure.  Btw, have they gotten any more subtle about their product placement?  I seem to recall it being patheticly blatant in Season 1 with regard to video games.
I liked her at first, but the more she dug into Frank, the more I grew tired of her.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2015, 04:48:31 PM »

She was definitely the most annoying character, for sure.  Btw, have they gotten any more subtle about their product placement?  I seem to recall it being patheticly blatant in Season 1 with regard to video games.
I liked her at first, but the more she dug into Frank, the more I grew tired of her.

What annoyed me about her was:

1) She's pretty obnoxious in an uninteresting and unentertaining way.  It was grating.  When her boss gets fired for calling her a c**nt/bitch (I forget the exact word), it was hard to disagree with his assessment even if he was an idiot for calling her that to her face rather than just firing her or banishing her to a broom closet office until she quit.

2) It felt like about a third of her screen time was an excuse for the show to babble about how "OMG, interweb journalism is teh futurz!!!"

3) Worst of all, we're often told by other characters that she's a talented/up-and-coming reporter, but she never actually does anything to remotely demonstrate this.  It's like how characters on Homeland always babble about how "brilliant" Carrie is even though by any objective measure she's a crazy person who should've been fired early in the first season and is terrible at her job.  All Zoe Barnes actually does is have sex with a powerful member of Congress and prostitute her self for scoops (and is being used as an unwitting pawn by said Congressman).  She can't get any stories when she stops sleeping with Underwood.  Actually, now that I think about it, I can't think of any female reporters in the first season who occupy their position based on merit rather than who they sleep with.  This is a problem in and of itself.
Yeah, even Janine slept around for sources. Only the paper's badass owner is portrayed as "above the belt."
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2016, 04:28:37 PM »

SEASON 4 IS UP! SEASON 4 IS UP! SEASON 4 IS UP!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies