Short Akno Announcement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:41:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Short Akno Announcement
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Short Akno Announcement  (Read 2674 times)
Josh
cyberlord

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2005, 09:32:37 PM »

Although they've succeeded in making you look bad, they also make themselves look bad, and personally, I'm glad, because then we, the voters, know who're the assholes who we don't want in office.

Akno lies about something that happened and you wanted him in office?

You know, people are human.  They make mistakes.  I'd rather vote for someone who has made mistakes but is intelligent and agrees with my values than for someone who is an asshole, and ruthlessly attacks people who make even the slightest mistake.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2005, 09:33:59 PM »

Although they've succeeded in making you look bad, they also make themselves look bad, and personally, I'm glad, because then we, the voters, know who're the assholes who we don't want in office.

You know, people are human.  They make mistakes.  I'd rather vote for someone who has made mistakes but is intelligent and agrees with my values than for someone who is an asshole, and ruthlessly attacks people who make even the slightest mistake.

I understand people make mistakes. However, Akno lied and lied and lied. That cannot and will not be rewarded.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2005, 09:35:03 PM »

I see nothing wrong with lying about such a non-issue.
Josh
cyberlord

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2005, 09:36:02 PM »

I understand people make mistakes. However, Akno lied and lied and lied. That cannot and will not be rewarded.

Neither will your relentless campaign against him be rewarded!  Hell, I would never vote or support someone like you, even if I agreed with you, because you're just some asshole who damages the careers of others for his own political gain!
Josh
cyberlord

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2005, 09:37:43 PM »

I see nothing wrong with lying about such a non-issue.

Thank you.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2005, 09:38:12 PM »

Josh, Akno told a boldface lie multiple times to multiple people.  He lied and he is getting his just rewards for this.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2005, 09:39:11 PM »

Neither will your relentless campaign against him be rewarded!  Hell, I would never vote or support someone like you, even if I agreed with you, because you're just some asshole who damages the careers of others for his own political gain!

My relentless campaign? I found out what I needed to find out. That's it.

And if I was doing this for my own political gain, please tell me what office I'm running for because as far as I know, I'm not a candidate.

I'll give you this, Josh. Atleast you're loyal to your pal Akno. You two must be best friends off the forum. By the way, don't bother showing up to vote this weekend.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2005, 09:41:24 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It would be bold, if it wasn't white. The lie is of no consequence. Why do you care?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2005, 09:42:48 PM »

It would be bold, if it wasn't white. The lie is of no consequence. Why do you care?

Don't you have trolling do to elsewhere?
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2005, 09:43:01 PM »

Frankly I could care less about this whole Akno and Handzus thing. They did somehting wrong, they promised never to do it again, and i'll take their word for it.

Akno, if you want to be forgiven for this no need, but if it would make you feel better than I forgive you.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2005, 09:44:14 PM »

I see that the people who my message was actually directed at have not paid much attention to it...
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2005, 09:45:04 PM »

Yes.

No, actually I lied.
Josh
cyberlord

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2005, 09:47:29 PM »

And if I was doing this for my own political gain, please tell me what office I'm running for because as far as I know, I'm not a candidate.

I'll give you this, Josh. Atleast you're loyal to your pal Akno. You two must be best friends off the forum. By the way, don't bother showing up to vote this weekend.

Still, I find it quite ridiculous that you had to make this into a huge scandal, on a FANTASY board, intended for FUN, not ruining people with scandals that are blown massively out of proportion.

And yes, I'm going to be loyal to someone that I know to be above the mistakes he's made.  I agree, what he did was wrong, and I wish he hadn't, but I know he is capable of great things, and shouldn't be ruined by someone like you.  And whyever would I not show up to vote this weekend?  I find it important to make my voice heard in Atlasian politics, and I'm going to do it in any way that I can, and that includes voting, the most basic democracy in action.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2005, 09:49:33 PM »

Still, I find it quite ridiculous that you had to make this into a huge scandal, on a FANTASY board, intended for FUN, not ruining people with scandals that are blown massively out of proportion.

And yes, I'm going to be loyal to someone that I know to be above the mistakes he's made.  I agree, what he did was wrong, and I wish he hadn't, but I know he is capable of great things, and shouldn't be ruined by someone like you.  And whyever would I not show up to vote this weekend?  I find it important to make my voice heard in Atlasian politics, and I'm going to do it in any way that I can, and that includes voting, the most basic democracy in action.

Yeah your friend went along with creating a voter, inviting friends to the forum just to vote and it's FANTASY.

His career should be ruined because of his lies. He tried to fool people and we didn't go for it.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2005, 09:49:42 PM »

Yes.

No, actually I lied.

SCANDAL
Josh
cyberlord

« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2005, 09:53:17 PM »
« Edited: February 14, 2005, 09:56:45 PM by Josh the Officeless »

Yeah your friend went along with creating a voter, inviting friends to the forum just to vote and it's FANTASY.

His career should be ruined because of his lies. He tried to fool people and we didn't go for it.

OK, so he tried to get more people active in FANTASY politics.  Thats the whole point, its FANTASY, chill out.  Honestly, you took something that was admittedly wrong, and turned it into a scandal blown way out of proportion.  Frankly, I'm disgusted.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2005, 09:56:34 PM »

OK, so he tried to get more people active in FANTASY politics.  Thats the whole point, its FANTASY, chill out.  Honestly, you took something that was admittedly wrong, and turned it into a scandal blown way out of proportion.  Frankly, I'm discusted.

Um, no he knew about someone creating a second voter for themselves.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2005, 09:59:24 PM »

OK, so he tried to get more people active in FANTASY politics.  Thats the whole point, its FANTASY, chill out.  Honestly, you took something that was admittedly wrong, and turned it into a scandal blown way out of proportion.  Frankly, I'm discusted.

Wanted to get more people active? He wanted someone to come around everytime there was an election so he can get an extra vote. I liked the way you tried to make it sound nice though.

I didn't make this into a huge scandal. The tapes were posted and I only had to defend myself when Flyers started his stupid "There's a conspiracy against me!" stuff. Frankly, I am disgusted that your friends have to do this in FANTASY elections.
Josh
cyberlord

« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2005, 10:29:16 PM »

Wanted to get more people active? He wanted someone to come around everytime there was an election so he can get an extra vote. I liked the way you tried to make it sound nice though.

I didn't make this into a huge scandal. The tapes were posted and I only had to defend myself when Flyers started his stupid "There's a conspiracy against me!" stuff. Frankly, I am disgusted that your friends have to do this in FANTASY elections.

I know for a fact that the voters he PMed were not purely for a vote.  I know that when I was contacted to vote, I was encouraged to get active, not just return to vote.  I'm not trying to make it look good, you're the one trying to make it sound worse than it is.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2005, 10:31:41 PM »

Right. I'm making this sound than it is. I should have actually shut up about this whole thing, right? I thought have let Akno get away with his lies, right?

Josh
cyberlord

« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2005, 10:35:22 PM »

Right. I'm making this sound than it is. I should have actually shut up about this whole thing, right? I thought have let Akno get away with his lies, right?

No, but you shouldn't go crazy over something that isn't as huge of an issue as you make it out to be.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2005, 10:39:22 PM »

No, but you shouldn't go crazy over something that isn't as huge of an issue as you make it out to be.

How did I go crazy? I only responded when the stupid conspiracy talk started.
Josh
cyberlord

« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2005, 10:41:27 PM »

How did I go crazy? I only responded when the stupid conspiracy talk started.

Ok, whatever, I don't have the energy to argue something that doesn't really need to be argued over any longer.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2005, 04:11:56 AM »

I think the best thing to do is ignore this clown.  Keystone Phil is taking this way too far and if you ignore him, things might be better.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2005, 06:44:00 AM »

Way to take Gabu's words to heart, guys :S

Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies