Ask Yankee Anything Constituent Townhall: Fayetteville, North Carolina
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:01:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Ask Yankee Anything Constituent Townhall: Fayetteville, North Carolina
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ask Yankee Anything Constituent Townhall: Fayetteville, North Carolina  (Read 557 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 31, 2013, 07:38:09 PM »

The Military Retirement Reform Act

This is a major reform effort, with a massive impact on a group of people who sacrifice everything to serve their country. Therefore, I seek to get as much input from the people of the IDS (and everyone actually) as possible. We owe it to them to get this right.

While I might address other matters if ask, please keep this focused.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 07:52:50 PM »

I support this. Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 07:55:17 PM »

I always put my faith in you to make the best decision you can for the South. What are your personal views on this bill?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 08:14:53 PM »

I always put my faith in you to make the best decision you can for the South. What are your personal views on this bill?

I like some of the flexibility it will provide, I believe, as Sjoyce said, that especially for those who "re-enter" the military as well as those that retire earlier, the bill will ensure that they get treated better and more fairly. But with these things the devil is in the details and the more eyes on it, the better. Especially those who can provide context and feedback from personal experience (cough...Clarence...cough Wink)
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 08:25:38 PM »

AFAIK you have yet to reference, acknowledge, or grovel at the feet of The People.  Senator, why should we continue to stand behind such a blatant disregard for the strongest political force in this nation?..
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 06:26:43 PM »

AFAIK you have yet to reference, acknowledge, or grovel at the feet of The People.  Senator, why should we continue to stand behind such a blatant disregard for the strongest political force in this nation?..

Are you referring to something specific, like campaign wise? If so then I apologize for I have spent the past two days engaged in a pitched battle with my computer, for the sake of the people, so that I can continue to serve them on the terms they deserved to be served on, rather than on those set by some corporate big wigs who decided to put crap components and crap software in computers, to thus interrupt the needs of the people when such crap fails.

If you mean in general though, my credentials as a perpetual groveller at the feet of the people (yes even those people) is well established Cincy. Smiley Regardless of official party alignments, I still consider myself a "people person" at heart and look to serve the interests of all the people of this region and the nation. Amongst them are our veterans, for whose service this townhall was created and aimed, to ensure that they have the best, most flexible and most supportive retirement system possible, because we owe them absolutely nothing less.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 02:22:37 AM »

This bills is now up for a final vote, so contact your Senators and urge them to vote which ever which way you want them too. I would hope most want it to pass, but you never can tell.

I have been trying to experiement with these townhalls and pressers in varying situations in the hope of creating some interest amongst the public in the debates on big bills. I figured that bill as a important as this would be topping the charts in interest, but I guess not. Without an active and engaged citizenry, and press for that matter, there will be no game.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies