The official Oldiesfreak thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:45:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The official Oldiesfreak thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11
Author Topic: The official Oldiesfreak thread  (Read 31106 times)
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: May 17, 2013, 01:53:17 AM »
« edited: May 17, 2013, 03:31:41 AM by politicus »

My feelings exactly, especially considering how many people on here are big lovers of Eugene Debs.

Anyway, if it's a US election, Thatcher/Thatcher.  If it's a global one, Thatcher/Lenin.

Roll Eyes
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #126 on: May 17, 2013, 04:01:18 AM »

My feelings exactly, especially considering how many people on here are big lovers of Eugene Debs.

Anyway, if it's a US election, Thatcher/Thatcher.  If it's a global one, Thatcher/Lenin.

Roll Eyes

the crazy thing is, Lenin's actually winning.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #127 on: May 17, 2013, 04:12:11 AM »

Roll Eyes

the crazy thing is, Lenin's actually winning.

Must be all them Eugene Debs lovers Cheesy
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #128 on: May 17, 2013, 03:42:28 PM »

I actually think this might be a good idea, except that the Bill of Rights will probably never be repealed anyway (except possible the Second Amendment.)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #129 on: May 17, 2013, 06:47:02 PM »

Option 2.  Say what you will about them, they've both done a lot of good over the years, but I have to go with the organization that has supported common-sense gun rights for law-abiding citizens.

>NRA
>common sense
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #130 on: June 14, 2013, 01:36:52 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm7o_MxmiE0

Just when I thought MSNBC couldn't get more insane, they do by intentionally putting an "R" next to George Wallace's name in a video.  Never mind that George Wallace was a Democrat and never joined the GOP.  MSNBC is simply trying to rewrite history to make it look like racist Democrats like George Wallace were Republicans.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #131 on: June 14, 2013, 01:39:32 PM »

Just when I thought MSNBC couldn't get more insane, they do by intentionally putting an "R" next to George Wallace's name in a video.  Never mind that George Wallace was a Democrat and never joined the GOP.  MSNBC is simply trying to rewrite history to make it look like racist Democrats like George Wallace were Republicans.
But it's a matter of record that George Wallace was a Democrat and never became a Republican.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #132 on: June 14, 2013, 01:54:18 PM »
« Edited: June 14, 2013, 01:56:13 PM by Paul Kemp »

Just when I thought MSNBC couldn't get more insane, they do by intentionally putting an "R" next to George Wallace's name in a video.  Never mind that George Wallace was a Democrat and never joined the GOP.  MSNBC is simply trying to rewrite history to make it look like racist Democrats like George Wallace were Republicans.
But it's a matter of record that George Wallace was a Democrat and never became a Republican.

His son did though: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Wallace,_Jr.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #133 on: June 14, 2013, 02:01:03 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=174886
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #134 on: June 14, 2013, 02:04:18 PM »

You'd understand if you were Iri...oh wait...
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #135 on: June 16, 2013, 02:13:02 PM »

Just when I thought MSNBC couldn't get more insane, they do by intentionally putting an "R" next to George Wallace's name in a video.  Never mind that George Wallace was a Democrat and never joined the GOP.  MSNBC is simply trying to rewrite history to make it look like racist Democrats like George Wallace were Republicans.

Yeah, but remember that George Wallace Senior had a change of heart on race after the assassination attempt on him in 1972.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #136 on: June 16, 2013, 02:14:11 PM »

Yeah, but remember that George Wallace Senior had a change of heart on race after the assassination attempt on him in 1972.

Ok?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #137 on: June 16, 2013, 02:25:07 PM »

^^posted into the Good Post Gallery. Oh, dear.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #138 on: June 16, 2013, 02:27:39 PM »

It just shows a complete ignorance for American history, and my logic is not "polluted", as Polnut claims.  And they may have apologized, but it was clearly intentional and an attempt to make it look like those racist Democrats were Republicans, when most of them never joined the GOP.

PPOR

Also, thoughts on those FoxNews images posted showing Rs labeled as Ds?
Probably just simple mistakes.  I remember one time when MSNBC labeled Harry Reid with an R.  That's different from labeling George Wallace with an R, since that doesn't play on people's ignorance of American history and assumption that the racists and segregationists were Republicans (when they were really Democrats.)

Loldiesfreak's trolling is on a roll today.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #139 on: June 16, 2013, 02:28:49 PM »

Yes of course, it's a disgusting racial slur, just as the Cincinnati Bengals is offensive to tigers, the Indianapolis Colts and Denver Broncos are offensive to horses, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers is offensive to pirates, etc.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #140 on: June 16, 2013, 04:38:21 PM »

I seriously Oldies has ever met anyone who wasn't white.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #141 on: June 17, 2013, 04:44:50 PM »

It just shows a complete ignorance for American history, and my logic is not "polluted", as Polnut claims.  And they may have apologized, but it was clearly intentional and an attempt to make it look like those racist Democrats were Republicans, when most of them never joined the GOP.

PPOR

Probably just simple mistakes.  I remember one time when MSNBC labeled Harry Reid with an R.  That's different from labeling George Wallace with an R, since that doesn't play on people's ignorance of American history and assumption that the racists and segregationists were Republicans (when they were really Democrats.)

I'm not trolling, I'm telling the truth.   You just call it trolling because you don't like what I have to say.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #142 on: June 17, 2013, 04:55:29 PM »

PPOR

I'm not trolling, I'm telling the truth.   You just call it trolling because you don't like what I have to say.

No, you're just being a hack.  There are plenty of respectful conservatives on this board.  Why are you the only one who has his own deluge thread?
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #143 on: June 17, 2013, 08:30:09 PM »

PPOR

No, you're just being a hack.  There are plenty of respectful conservatives on this board.  Why are you the only one who has his own deluge thread?

no this thread is bullying. These threads shouldn't be allowed on this site. I don't agree with Oldiesfreak much but these threads are so unnecessary.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #144 on: June 17, 2013, 08:31:44 PM »

So about Oldiesfreak being big on anti-racism...

I voted HP by mistake, because I thought you meant Congressman John Lewis.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #145 on: June 19, 2013, 02:49:29 PM »

As I believe Cathcon said in my poll on Vito Marcantonio, communist tool.  HP.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #146 on: June 19, 2013, 03:38:36 PM »

PPOR

No, you're being a hypocritical hack. Fox News can make one "mistake" over and over and over and over and over again and it's okay when they mislabel Sanford, Foley, Pat Toomey (way back when he was challenging Specter), Lincoln Chafee, and Ted Stevens. It's also a "mistake" when they don't mention Larry Craig's party affiliation either. But if MSNBC labels one man who did terrible things a Republican, it's Defcon 1, automatically manipulation, and is MSNBC running from George Wallace being an asshole, even though they've mislabeled David Vitter as a Democrat before.

Both sides do it. I can completely understand you being pissed about this, but this is where you lose credibility and turn into a right-wing shill. I have absolutely no problem with you and other conservatives calling MSNBC out about this. What I have a problem with is when you look the other way when your allies do it to us.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #147 on: June 19, 2013, 04:47:15 PM »

Fox News mislabeled all those Pubs? And you seem to imply, assuming there was some mens rea, that Fox was in Specter's court against Toomey. Really? And you may disagree with Toomey, but he is hardly an embarrassment. Indeed, my impression is that he is highly respected among his peers, and deservedly so. Phil has every right to be proud of him. Smiley

My big problem with Fox, is that they have a retinue of paid guests, who are rather shameless shills just reinforcing the perspective of the host. Folks like Bernie Goldberg are just there to give blow jobs to O'Reilly for example. It's nauseating - just nauseating - and a waste of time. And I read somewhere that Palin is back on Fox. Sad Hopefully that is a false rumor. I mean if you are going to have a shill, at least have one who is not facially mentally challenged.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #148 on: June 19, 2013, 05:33:40 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2013, 05:37:10 PM by politicus »

And I read somewhere that Palin is back on Fox. Sad Hopefully that is a false rumor. I mean if you are going to have a shill, at least have one who is not facially mentally challenged.

No, she is back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZF7Jhh92So&index=1&feature=plcp

free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #149 on: June 19, 2013, 07:10:40 PM »

Fox News mislabeled all those Pubs? And you seem to imply, assuming there was some mens rea, that Fox was in Specter's court against Toomey. Really? And you may disagree with Toomey, but he is hardly an embarrassment. Indeed, my impression is that he is highly respected among his peers, and deservedly so. Phil has every right to be proud of him. Smiley

My big problem with Fox, is that they have a retinue of paid guests, who are rather shameless shills just reinforcing the perspective of the host. Folks like Bernie Goldberg are just there to give blow jobs to O'Reilly for example. It's nauseating - just nauseating - and a waste of time. And I read somewhere that Palin is back on Fox. Sad Hopefully that is a false rumor. I mean if you are going to have a shill, at least have one who is not facially mentally challenged.

No idea where you're getting me calling Toomey an embarrassment from. Haven't said something like that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies