The official Oldiesfreak thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:19:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The official Oldiesfreak thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11
Author Topic: The official Oldiesfreak thread  (Read 31033 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: June 29, 2013, 07:29:37 PM »

Probably the best part of that is the addition of SpongeBob. I mean WTF?
How can a show that's set underwater but yet has fire and a squirrel (Sandy) NOT be stupid?

The squirrel lives in a dome and has to wear an air helmet when not in her dome. The other aquatic creatures have to wear bowls containing water when they are in the tree dome. I figured this out at the age of three.
I get that, but the concept of a squirrel underwater is still REALLY stupid.  It also shows contempt for nautical folklore by portraying the Flying Dutchman as a pirate, when the actual Flying Dutchman of myth was a ship, not a person.

Preschoolers are typically not fluent in nautical folklore.

and now we know why not.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #201 on: June 29, 2013, 09:32:06 PM »

How can a show that's set underwater but yet has fire and a squirrel (Sandy) NOT be stupid?

The squirrel lives in a dome and has to wear an air helmet when not in her dome. The other aquatic creatures have to wear bowls containing water when they are in the tree dome. I figured this out at the age of three.
I get that, but the concept of a squirrel underwater is still REALLY stupid.  It also shows contempt for nautical folklore by portraying the Flying Dutchman as a pirate, when the actual Flying Dutchman of myth was a ship, not a person.

There's this little thing called a 'play on words', you see...
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #202 on: June 29, 2013, 09:48:30 PM »

"Spongebob" is a pretty great show.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #203 on: June 30, 2013, 09:51:58 AM »

I wonder for whom would Oldies vote in the Louisiana 1990 Senate election.
Definitely not David Duke.  I'm not that blindly loyal to my party.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #204 on: June 30, 2013, 09:53:08 AM »

Of course it's stupid. Not that stupid as your posting history, though.
How is stating simple facts stupid?

You're yet to state a single simple fact, son. Keep trying.
Yes, I have I have states numerous facts that you refuse to acknowledge because they don't fit your left-wing worldview.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #205 on: July 01, 2013, 07:18:36 PM »

Six days later...

Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #206 on: July 02, 2013, 10:55:52 AM »

He acknowledged his mistakes, which were nowhere near as serious as Anthony Wiener's.  Plus, Anthony Wiener once attacked Republicans for supporting tax cuts for "trillionaires," despite the fact that the richest man in the world is only worth a little over $70 billion (and isn't even an American.)
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #207 on: July 02, 2013, 02:09:39 PM »

He acknowledged his mistakes, which were nowhere near as serious as Anthony Wiener's.  Plus, Anthony Wiener once attacked Republicans for supporting tax cuts for "trillionaires," despite the fact that the richest man in the world is only worth a little over $70 billion (and isn't even an American.)

Erhm, no. Weiner was guilty of sending pictures of his members while Vitter actually had sex with prostitutes as a married man.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #208 on: July 03, 2013, 01:48:39 PM »

For the same reason he's still so beloved by Americans in general.  He was young and charismatic, and more importantly, he got assassinated.

It fits the narrative of the young, courageous (right), crusading liberal President, struck down in his prime as he was about to change the world, end the war in Vietnam (right), pass Civil Rights, etc.
But only after the March on Washington made him do it.  During that march, he expressed concern that the demonstrators would "sh*t" on the Washington Monument.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #209 on: July 03, 2013, 03:01:20 PM »

For the same reason he's still so beloved by Americans in general.  He was young and charismatic, and more importantly, he got assassinated.

It fits the narrative of the young, courageous (right), crusading liberal President, struck down in his prime as he was about to change the world, end the war in Vietnam (right), pass Civil Rights, etc.
But only after the March on Washington made him do it.  During that march, he expressed concern that the demonstrators would "sh*t" on the Washington Monument.
Again, facts are an inconvenient thing sometimes.  I have a very left-wing textbook from my first year of college that even acknowledges that Kennedy didn't act on civil rights until he had to.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #210 on: July 05, 2013, 06:05:04 AM »

While very much not a fan of Helms' social views, I would probably have stuck with him.
This.  I dislike some of his more racially charged campaign tactics and history of being pro-segregation, but I think I would've moved on by then.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #211 on: July 05, 2013, 08:47:14 AM »

While very much not a fan of Helms' social views, I would probably have stuck with him.
This.  I dislike some of his more racially charged campaign tactics and history of being pro-segregation, but I think I would've moved on by then.
So what?  The civil rights movement had long ended by 1990, although I probably wouldn't have realized it by the end of Reagan's first term. Smiley
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #212 on: July 05, 2013, 10:26:11 AM »

So what?  The civil rights movement had long ended by 1990, although I probably wouldn't have realized it by the end of Reagan's first term. Smiley

>can't possibly vote for a Democrat 'cause a bunch of them were racist in the '60s or earlier
>fine with supporting Jesse f[inks]ing Helms because racism doesn't matter anymore

Oldiesfreak logic = Huh
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #213 on: July 05, 2013, 11:54:02 AM »

Thank you for posting stupid things directly into your thread, bruv:

The civil rights movement had long ended by 1990
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #214 on: July 05, 2013, 06:05:32 PM »

Well, what I meant was that segregation had been long since solved as an issue by then.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #215 on: July 05, 2013, 06:11:11 PM »

Well, what I meant was that segregation had been long since solved as an issue by then.

Ehhhh...
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #216 on: July 06, 2013, 03:16:22 AM »

Ehhhh...

That looks more like classism to me.
Hip Hop Republican
Frances Perkins
Rookie
United States

« Reply #217 on: July 06, 2013, 03:56:49 PM »

Look at the white elitist libfags that have been hostile to this young man all because he supports the Republican Party. That why we conservatives refer to your party as the demoRAtS and have little self-respect when we hardly get any from any of you pussies. We may not have any true bitches on this forum but most on here act like bitches instead of being real niggas.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #218 on: July 06, 2013, 04:01:32 PM »

Look at the white elitist libfags that have been hostile to this young man all because he supports the Republican Party. That why we conservatives refer to your party as the demoRAtS and have little self-respect when we hardly get any from any of you pussies. We may not have any true bitches on this forum but most on here act like bitches instead of being real niggas.

Wow, what great vocabulary you have! Did you come up with those big words all by yourself?
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #219 on: July 06, 2013, 04:04:36 PM »

People like you make me sick.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #220 on: July 06, 2013, 04:37:02 PM »

k.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #221 on: July 06, 2013, 05:41:36 PM »

Hey, you might want to calm it down with those awfully naughty words, or your mommy might take away computer time for a week.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #222 on: July 08, 2013, 01:08:19 AM »

Context:

Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #223 on: July 08, 2013, 08:01:38 AM »

Well, it is.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #224 on: July 08, 2013, 08:15:56 AM »

Canonizing one person fifty years after his death and another eight years after his is not 'overdue' by any stretch of the imagination.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies