The official Oldiesfreak thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:41:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The official Oldiesfreak thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The official Oldiesfreak thread  (Read 31308 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« on: February 03, 2013, 02:31:56 PM »

Who is he and why does everyone keep saying "racist southern democrats". IDG it. Can someone please explain it.

The reason everyone keeps saying "racist southern democrats" is that Oldiesfreak stubbornly maintains that the Democrats are the racist party even today, solely because they supported slavery in the 1860s and they were racists a long time ago. He also believes that the Southern Strategy had absolutely nothing to do with race, and the South votes Republican today because of something about how Strom Thurmond was dissatisfied because Democrats were too moderate on civil rights. I think.

You forgot the part about how he supports people like Landrieu and Rockefeller because they make the Democrats look good, and how having Southern Republicans like arch-racist Bobby Jindal in the party make them look bad.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 04:16:19 PM »

I'm from South Jersey, Oldies.  What is the chance that I am also a white, Southern racist?  I'm about 35 minutes from Delaware, FYI. 

Extremely high. Jersey was a McClellan state.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 09:59:36 PM »

I'm from South Jersey, Oldies.  What is the chance that I am also a white, Southern racist?  I'm about 35 minutes from Delaware, FYI.  

Extremely high. Jersey was a McClellan state.

Mother of god, you're right.  Profile changed to reflect this inherent political trait.  How did I not see this sooner?  

New Jersey voted for McClellan in 1864 Sad.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 01:11:34 PM »

I am dead-set against legalizing marijuana, especially because I lost a cousin from a heroin addiction.

Because marijuana directly leads to heroin.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 02:53:42 PM »

Being the philo-Semite I am, probably Hasidic.  I would say hipster since I probably fit that category in some ways but that term reminds me of some of the more recent portrayals of Ronald McDonald acting like one in McDonald's ads, and Ronald McDonald has creeped me out ever since I was a young child.

I'm not sure what this is but it probably goes here.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 08:22:46 PM »

I have no idea; this might depend on Zell Miller's positions on economic issues.  He's one of the few Democrats I like, so I might actually vote for him.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 06:47:36 PM »

So about Oldiesfreak being big on anti-racism...

I voted HP by mistake, because I thought you meant Congressman John Lewis.
I don't opppse him because he's black, I oppose him because he's a Democrat.

So you're going to disregard all the work he did for the civil rights movement and at SNCC for 25 years of service in Congress on your opposing team?

You're a joke. I honestly hadn't think I'd find an incident with a Republican that I'd be disgusted in more than when Krazen used the bombings on my city as political fodder, but somehow I have. Sure, I absolutely hate facing Mariano Rivera when my boys are facing the Yankees, but off the field, he's arguably the classiest player of all-time, and I'm sad to see him retire. He's against the people I root for, but I can still like him as a person. The fact that you don't proves incidents like Wallacegate's not about race. You just want to score political points.
No; I have much respect for the work he did for the civil rights movement, but considering that, it's amazing that he belongs to a party that included most of the opponents of the civil rights movement.  And he also compared John McCain and Sarah Palin to George Wallace (who was, of course, a Democrat) during the 2008 campaign: http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/1008/John_Lewis_invoking_George_Wallace_says_McCain_and_Palin_playing_with_fire.html

Perhaps someone who was a leader of the civil rights movement understands the actual history of the civil rights movement better than some 19 year old kid reading things on the internet.
Believe me, I've read plenty of history in textbooks (even left-wing ones), and I think I have a pretty good grasp of the history of the civil rights movement.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 08:08:19 PM »

Probably the best part of that is the addition of SpongeBob. I mean WTF?
How can a show that's set underwater but yet has fire and a squirrel (Sandy) NOT be stupid?

The squirrel lives in a dome and has to wear an air helmet when not in her dome. The other aquatic creatures have to wear bowls containing water when they are in the tree dome. I figured this out at the age of three.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 11:53:40 AM »

Probably the best part of that is the addition of SpongeBob. I mean WTF?
How can a show that's set underwater but yet has fire and a squirrel (Sandy) NOT be stupid?

The squirrel lives in a dome and has to wear an air helmet when not in her dome. The other aquatic creatures have to wear bowls containing water when they are in the tree dome. I figured this out at the age of three.
I get that, but the concept of a squirrel underwater is still REALLY stupid.  It also shows contempt for nautical folklore by portraying the Flying Dutchman as a pirate, when the actual Flying Dutchman of myth was a ship, not a person.

Preschoolers are typically not fluent in nautical folklore.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2013, 06:13:14 PM »

Florida- Katherine Harris (Republican)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies