Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:11:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 71
Author Topic: Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V  (Read 129430 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1075 on: February 28, 2013, 11:49:00 PM »

Just for the record, Jeff admitted it would be a short sale. He knew I had him on this one, and thus lying was not an option.

And, like I said, the short sale is underway.  I am prepared to deal with whatever damage to my credit is done.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1076 on: February 28, 2013, 11:50:58 PM »

Just for the record, Jeff admitted it would be a short sale. He knew I had him on this one, and thus lying was not an option.

And, like I said, the short sale is underway.  I am prepared to deal with whatever damage to my credit is done.

So flush 5K of your parent's money down the toilet. I get it. If you had listened to me 1 month ago, your parents would be already 1K ahead or something. Are you going to have your parents pay to fix the damage too? 
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1077 on: February 28, 2013, 11:53:46 PM »

Wait a minute.... Bushie... I still want to know where you got all 3 credit scores from.  Did you buy them from all 3 agencies?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1078 on: February 28, 2013, 11:55:32 PM »

And, like I said, the short sale is underway.  I am prepared to deal with whatever damage to my credit is done.

So flush 5K of your parent's money down the toilet. I get it.

No, we're just trying to get rid of the house with as little damage as possible.  I have never missed a payment and I don't plan on starting now just to get rid of the house.  As long as it is in my name, I will continue to make payments.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1079 on: February 28, 2013, 11:57:15 PM »

Wait a minute.... Bushie... I still want to know where you got all 3 credit scores from.  Did you buy them from all 3 agencies?

I look at them once a year usually at the beginning of each year.  I don't look any other time of the year, unless I am making a major purchase.  Yes, I bought the credit score without signing up for the freecreditreport.com or whatever it is.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1080 on: February 28, 2013, 11:58:08 PM »

I look at them once a year usually at the beginning of each year.  I don't look any other time of the year, unless I am making a major purchase.  Yes, I bought the credit score without signing up for the freecreditreport.com or whatever it is.

You're honestly telling me that you bought the score from each bureau?  I've never known anybody who's done that.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1081 on: February 28, 2013, 11:59:11 PM »

You're honestly telling me that you bought the score from each bureau?  I've never known anybody who's done that.

Yup
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1082 on: March 01, 2013, 12:03:58 AM »

Why would you buy all 3 if you know you have good credit?  Why not just buy one (if even any at all)?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1083 on: March 01, 2013, 12:05:52 AM »

LOL Bushie actually paid for a credit score.

www.annualcreditreport.com
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1084 on: March 01, 2013, 12:06:35 AM »

So flush 5K of your parent's money down the toilet. I get it.

No, we're just trying to get rid of the house with as little damage as possible.  I have never missed a payment and I don't plan on starting now just to get rid of the house.  As long as it is in my name, I will continue to make payments.

At your parents' expense. Got it. Sure I know, you intend to pay them back some day - wishing, wishing upon a star.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1085 on: March 01, 2013, 12:11:13 AM »
« Edited: March 01, 2013, 12:14:32 AM by Torie »

I have never paid for a credit score - ever. What is the point?  An airline refused me a credit card by the way (it had enough little side benefits to incentivize me, to pick up some bucks up off the floor), because I had too many open lines of credit - all unused (I love having war chests). LOL. So many dumbs, so little time.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1086 on: March 01, 2013, 12:14:51 AM »

That doesn't give you your credit score.  Only the credit report.  All 3 bureaus charge for the actual score.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1087 on: March 01, 2013, 12:21:46 AM »

Bushie, are you saying that you don't actually believe Torie and Duke when they say that if the house is underwater, you save more money by walking away?  I don't actually understand your argument here.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1088 on: March 01, 2013, 01:28:18 AM »

Bushie, are you saying that you don't actually believe Torie and Duke when they say that if the house is underwater, you save more money by walking away?  I don't actually understand your argument here.

He's probably going to tell us about how the house is his responsibility and how he has to do the upstanding American thing and keep paying for it or some such nonsense. He's literally living on an entirely different plane of existence at this point.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1089 on: March 01, 2013, 01:37:59 AM »

Bushie, are you saying that you don't actually believe Torie and Duke when they say that if the house is underwater, you save more money by walking away?  I don't actually understand your argument here.

He's probably going to tell us about how the house is his responsibility and how he has to do the upstanding American thing and keep paying for it or some such nonsense. He's literally living on an entirely different plane of existence at this point.

In a way, it actually reminds me of the New Zealand scam, or even Ameriplan or the other get rich quick schemes.  Reminds of those cases in the sense that Bushie gets duped into thinking one thing (in this case, by the real estate agent), people here explain to him that he's being played, and even when it's clear that he's being conned and/or he has no counterarguments to offer, he just ignores everything that's said, and pretends that it's all just a matter of opinion anyway, and that there is no objective reality.

EDIT: I mean, how many posts did people have to offer of proof that the New Zealand thing was a scam before he first acknowledged it with something like "OK, maybe this isn't quite what it looks like"?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1090 on: March 01, 2013, 01:38:20 AM »

That doesn't give you your credit score.  Only the credit report.  All 3 bureaus charge for the actual score.

There's also this: https://www.creditkarma.com

Though it doesn't seem to be complete. It missed some of my student loans and my car loan. Still it gave me a 758, woohoo!
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1091 on: March 01, 2013, 01:44:05 AM »

My question is more of a fundamental one... why the hell is someone like him buying a house?

I don't get why people feel the need to buy a house... when they clearly can't afford it.

I can afford one in a very expensive property market, but I have no interest yet.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1092 on: March 01, 2013, 01:45:18 AM »

My question is more of a fundamental one... why the hell is someone like him buying a house?

I don't get why people feel the need to buy a house... when they clearly can't afford it.

I can afford one in a very expensive property market, but I have no interest yet.

Because all good patriotic hardworking 'muricans own houses obviously. Only stupid youngs and lazy parasites who leech off government handouts ever rent.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1093 on: March 01, 2013, 01:50:07 AM »

He needs to get his mental illnesses diagnosed and get on the dole. Then he'll have plenty of time for afternoon naps.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1094 on: March 01, 2013, 01:58:27 AM »

This is proof that it needs to be a lot harder to get a home buying loan. A LOT harder. It appears the Obama admin is heading in the right direction by basically agreeing to eventually let Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac go under if needed.

The ideal solution is to abolish ALL forms of government aid for homeownership and replace them with a rent subsidy providing program based on income. Not just for poors like currently, it should be like Obamacare, you can get subsidies making up to $50k/year.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #1095 on: March 01, 2013, 02:09:28 AM »

This is proof that it needs to be a lot harder to get a home buying loan. A LOT harder. It appears the Obama admin is heading in the right direction by basically agreeing to eventually let Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac go under if needed.

The ideal solution is to abolish ALL forms of government aid for homeownership and replace them with a rent subsidy providing program based on income. Not just for poors like currently, it should be like Obamacare, you can get subsidies making up to $50k/year.
No, no and no. The government should build a variety of housing in different locations priced at various points for people with different income levels.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1096 on: March 01, 2013, 02:16:39 AM »

That's not fair.  As I've said before, Jeff is the reason economic models do not work--he is in irrational actor.  You cannot base your policies on irrational actors, because true irrational actors are rare.  But they can really frak up the market and models.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1097 on: March 01, 2013, 05:35:01 AM »
« Edited: March 01, 2013, 05:57:01 AM by opebo »

Bushie, does the prospect of being homeless and starving appeal to you? Everything you've indicated thus far points to the affirmative.

I think about being homeless and starving every day.  I think it is terribly likely for all working people.

He might as well enjoy it while it lasts - misery is inevitable for the poor.

Right. And I would think he would want to stay that way.

There's next to no chance that a poor like him can have a secure life, memphis. Or you either.  And anyway once he takes a job he'll be miserable, by definition everyone who toils is miserable.

How does he have no care for tomorrow? That software is in incompatible with my Jew hardware Tongue
It is incompatible with my WASP atheist hardware too. Smiley

You can afford to think about 'a future', Torie, because you are rich.  BushOK has no future no matter what he does.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1098 on: March 01, 2013, 06:08:14 AM »

This is patently false. People make crazy decisions all the timme. You should get out more.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1099 on: March 01, 2013, 08:04:17 AM »

Other than the cap number being way too high, I am in full accord with the above. Well done BRTD!  Bushie basically paid zero down. With that gig, if you are a Torie type, it is tails I win, heads the government, or somebody, loses. And then you get that subsidized fixed interest mortgage to boot. Life is beautiful. Government has certainly been good to me. That is another thing. For every dollar of government indirect aid that somebody like Jeff gets, I get exponentially more.

Yes, it all needs to be shut down. BRTD and I should jointly introduce a bill in Congress, the Torie-BRTD Act. I put my name first, only because it sounds better euphonically. Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 71  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies