Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:17:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 71
Author Topic: Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V  (Read 129250 times)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: February 22, 2013, 11:17:49 AM »

I hope you commit to holding this job for at the very least a year, if not longer...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #726 on: February 22, 2013, 11:20:31 AM »

I hope you commit to holding this job for at the very least a year, if not longer...

Definitely at least 12 months, preferably a lot longer.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #727 on: February 22, 2013, 11:26:57 AM »

Definitely at least 12 months, preferably a lot longer.

That's not long enough.....

And clearly BIGDaddyTX was correct.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #728 on: February 22, 2013, 11:28:15 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well, that's progress. Another "mistake" of yours is all these make weight excuses. That dog is just not going to hunt on this forum. Surely you know that by now.  This forum is filled with highly intelligent people, who can put 2 and 2 together, and have very logical minds - along with honed detective skills. That seems almost masochistic on your part - yet another riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #729 on: February 22, 2013, 11:35:16 AM »

I just want to post oakvale's "Smug Bushie" smiley again in case people missed it the first time:

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #730 on: February 22, 2013, 11:37:53 AM »

I just want to post oakvale's "Smug Bushie" smiley again in case people missed it the first time:

I thought it was Hitler with acne.  Needs big outbox styles glasses and the moustache must be a solid, thick 1px.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #731 on: February 22, 2013, 11:41:59 AM »

The point being made, and it has come back to that again, is BushOK will say "well, it's over now, no need to dwell on it, I need to move on."

They say insanity is doing the same stupid thing over and over again, expecting different results... and I fear BushOK will get another call center job, follow his parents advice once again, and we will be back in the same position we are today in less than 6 months. In fact, I am nearly certain of that as I was certain of it when he first moved to Utah.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #732 on: February 22, 2013, 12:06:30 PM »

Bushie, I had to work a 10 month probationary period while going through training on and off and doing a good job before I got a promotion (with a raise) and a merit pay increase which I also had to be reviewed for. It doesn't happen overnight and it doesn't happen just because you show up to do the job.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #733 on: February 22, 2013, 12:36:42 PM »

Anyway, lets change the subject.  Enough of the attacks.  I will be fine.  I've been fine for many years.  My life is not screwed up like has been previously mentioned.  I am a little impulsive on the decision making, but it doesn't mean I have bad judgement, nor do my parents.  God has seen me through many mistakes in the past and I have no doubt He will see me through this one, which I still don't think its a mistake.  Its not the choice I would have made on my own.  If it were all up to me, which it shouild be, but is not then I would be heading to work in about 6 hours and would have extended my apartment lease another six months.

Your life isn't screwed up?  You can't afford to live without your parents subsidizing you.  You're unhealthily obese.  You've got credit card debt up the wazoo apparently.  You have an empty house sitting doing nothing, getting vandalized, that you're not living in and not just getting rid of.  You're unemployed.  Jeff... be honest with yourself... youre life is really screwed up.  I don't mean to be cruel, but until you admit that something is WAY wrong, nothing's going to change.  You can change the subject, but that doesn't change the circumstances.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #734 on: February 22, 2013, 12:38:32 PM »

Jeff, how's this for a plan: for every hour you spend on the forum, you spend at least 2 hours looking for a job?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #735 on: February 22, 2013, 12:42:41 PM »

If his credit card debt is that high, bankruptcy might be considered - unless of course he is using his parents' credit cards where he can, and calls that his debt, which it is in the sense that he no doubt intends to pay it back to his parents, but for which his parents are liable to the credit card company. Are you using credit cards that are solely in your name Jeff, or is a substantial chunk of it on your parents' credit card(s)?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #736 on: February 22, 2013, 12:48:47 PM »

If his credit card debt is that high, bankruptcy might be considered - unless of course he is using his parents' credit cards where he can, and calls that his debt, which it is in the sense that he no doubt intends to pay it back to his parents, but for which his parents are liable to the credit card company. Are you using credit cards that are solely in your name Jeff, or is a substantial chunk of it on your parents' credit card(s)?

He's said he wouldn't sue an employer for a clear cut case of wrongful discharge... I don't see him filing for bankruptcy.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #737 on: February 22, 2013, 12:54:55 PM »

They are in my name alone.

Inks, I still disagree that my life is screwed up.  I can assure you its not.  For starters, there was a thread on this a bit ago of how much I actually convey on the forum (or even facebook) for that matter, and it is probably in the 55-60% range, on facebook it's closer to 70%.  There are some things I do keep private, and I purposefully don't give you the whole picture, because there are some things that do need to remain private.  So, you are giving me advice based on a partial picture.  That's why I don't get upset very often and when I do its because things are definitely don't appear the way they actually are.  For instance, other than hourly wage, I don't disclose much of my financial figures on either the forum or facebook.  I do occasionally, but not very much and when I do, its not the complete picture.  I generally paint a broad picture on finances, not a detailed painting.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #738 on: February 22, 2013, 12:59:15 PM »

They are in my name alone.

Inks, I still disagree that my life is screwed up.  I can assure you its not.  For starters, there was a thread on this a bit ago of how much I actually convey on the forum (or even facebook) for that matter, and it is probably in the 55-60% range, on facebook it's closer to 70%.  There are some things I do keep private, and I purposefully don't give you the whole picture, because there are some things that do need to remain private.  So, you are giving me advice based on a partial picture.  That's why I don't get upset very often and when I do its because things are definitely don't appear the way they actually are.  For instance, other than hourly wage, I don't disclose much of my financial figures on either the forum or facebook.  I do occasionally, but not very much and when I do, its not the complete picture.  I generally paint a broad picture on finances, not a detailed painting.

So you're honestly telling me that you share the bad stuff with the forum and the other 50% is good stuff?  Come on Jeff... I don't buy it.  None of us buy it.  You admitted to having a lot of credit card debt.  What's the 50% that you didn't tell us?  That you run a small business out of your home and make $100,000 a year from that?  No, I think you keep the worst things from us because you know that we'd call you out on it.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #739 on: February 22, 2013, 01:04:15 PM »

lol

HE'S BACK
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #740 on: February 22, 2013, 01:16:36 PM »

How's it hanging this fine morning?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #741 on: February 22, 2013, 01:33:32 PM »

Good torie. About to have a snowstorm here. gonna be nicceeee

You gonna make good use of it, and go skiing or snow shoeing, or build a "graphic" snowman or something?  I can see snow from my window, sitting there right on top of Santiago Peak. It's just fabulous. You are probably getting the same storm that we had.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #742 on: February 22, 2013, 01:39:24 PM »

I know it well. It's my favorite place on this planet. And my favorite highway is from Bryce to Boulder via Escalente, then down to Capitol Reef. That is even more fabulous than the now white nosed Santiago Peak. Yes it is.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #743 on: February 22, 2013, 02:04:23 PM »

Can I pay extra for the Too Hot for Update content? I'm willing to go Premium.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #744 on: February 22, 2013, 02:07:30 PM »
« Edited: February 22, 2013, 02:09:53 PM by opebo »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

With a couple of exceptions maybe, nobody understands why it was essential for you to take money from your parents while you were employed in Utah. Nobody.

Well come on now, he moved across the country to take up a bare subsistence level job, and you think he wouldn't need money from the parents?  If he hadn't had money from the parents he would have been homeless and probably dead.  On the other hand, it was a bad idea to go anywhere or do anything, so they did facilitate that.

Bush, don't listen to these spoiled, hypocritical rich kids.  I understand your condition.  

Just sit tight at home, try not to worry too much.  Cultivate a good relationship with mom, dad and other old people in the community, and eventually someone will find you a job at, say the City Power and Light, or the telephone company (alas I hear the telephone company may have been destroyed, but something along those lines).  What you need is a community - a support network - to find you employment and keep you in it.  

Is there a prison anywhere near you where you could work?  Or any sort of government or regulated-public-utility that might have simple clerking jobs?  Do NOT, under any circumstances, seek employment with 'private' corporations - you are definitely better off sleeping all day in your parents basement.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #745 on: February 22, 2013, 02:08:20 PM »

torie.. texasindy and I have taken many trips across southern utah and northern arizona.. what a beautiful place. i tend to like utah better though.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE ZION NATIONAL PARK

We seem to have a lot in common. Smiley  Never been to Park City though. I just don't have the balls to risk skiing on powder. At my age, you just can't afford to break anything. It may never come back to what it was before, and that would not comport with my bod beautification program at all.  Can't have that!  
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #746 on: February 22, 2013, 02:11:17 PM »

torie.. texasindy and I have taken many trips across southern utah and northern arizona.. what a beautiful place. i tend to like utah better though.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE ZION NATIONAL PARK

We seem to have a lot in common. Smiley  Never been to Park City though. I just don't have the balls to risk skiing on powder. At my age, you just can't afford to break anything. It may never come back to what it was before, and that would not comport with my bod beautification program at all.  Can't have that!  

Can you take the JamesTroll lovefest elsewhere?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #747 on: February 22, 2013, 02:11:28 PM »

Hey opebo, when I mentioned there might be a couple of exceptions to my little "nobody" statement, you were one of the chaps that I had in mind!  Smiley
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #748 on: February 22, 2013, 02:16:34 PM »

Have you considered publishing this memoir? It's alreadey written. People love it! The English departments at major universities could spend years "deconstructing and analyzing" the Update. There's a lot to work with and it's in a new, intriguing format. Go with what you do well. This is it. Employment is not it. Although I think a good stint at a grocery is still a good idea.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #749 on: February 22, 2013, 02:22:07 PM »

Have you considered publishing this memoir? It's alreadey written. People love it! The English departments at major universities could spend years "deconstructing and analyzing" the Update. There's a lot to work with and it's in a new, intriguing format. Go with what you do well. This is it. Employment is not it. Although I think a good stint at a grocery is still a good idea.

This might work better:

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 71  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies