Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:38:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 71
Author Topic: Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V  (Read 129243 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #750 on: February 22, 2013, 02:30:57 PM »

The problem is, BushOK thinks he is entitled to some high paying, high skilled job, and does not want to put in the work to get back to the type of job he had at ONG. The more jobs he quits, the further and further he gets from ever achieving that goal.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #751 on: February 22, 2013, 02:34:50 PM »

The problem is, BushOK thinks he is entitled to some high paying, high skilled job, and does not want to put in the work to get back to the type of job he had at ONG. The more jobs he quits, the further and further he gets from ever achieving that goal.

I thought the job at the natural gas company was a bottom level office clerk job.

As for Grumps Walmart idea - I think it is definitely better to do nothing than to go to Walmart.  We don't want a suicide on our hands.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #752 on: February 22, 2013, 02:36:17 PM »

I thought the job at the natural gas company was a bottom level office clerk job.

As for Grumps Walmart idea - I think it is definitely better to do nothing than to go to Walmart.  We don't want a suicide on our hands.

You do care!  (uh, where is the girl's hand in that signature of yours?  Is that why the guy is smiling so much?  )
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #753 on: February 22, 2013, 02:44:34 PM »

You do care!  (uh, where is the girl's hand in that signature of yours?  Is that why the guy is smiling so much?  )

Well... I care in the sense that I really dislike the idea that anyone would accept the notion that working at WalMart could be preferable to sleeping all day in your parent's basement.

As for the signature, I never noticed that interpretation.  Perhaps its a Mormon orgy.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #754 on: February 22, 2013, 02:46:14 PM »

As for the signature, I never noticed that interpretation.  Perhaps its a Mormon orgy.

Well, little brother seems mighty happy and lil sis' left hand is missing.....I report, you decide!  Wink
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #755 on: February 22, 2013, 03:02:59 PM »

Gotta start somewhere.  I've worked my ass off the past 18 months to get where I am at this job. I didn't ask for raises or anything. With hard work, comes rewards.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #756 on: February 22, 2013, 03:16:47 PM »

Can I pay extra for the Too Hot for Update content? I'm willing to go Premium.
^^^^^

This would totally be a viable income stream.

Have you considered publishing this memoir? It's alreadey written. People love it! The English departments at major universities could spend years "deconstructing and analyzing" the Update. There's a lot to work with and it's in a new, intriguing format. Go with what you do well. This is it. Employment is not it. Although I think a good stint at a grocery is still a good idea.

And this is even better. If you didn't know, BRTD saved the "missing" Update thread as a PDF before he deleted it, so the entire record still exists. Hell, Bushie, I'll edit it all together for you if I can get a cut of the profits.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #757 on: February 22, 2013, 03:22:21 PM »

Gotta start somewhere.  I've worked my ass off the past 18 months to get where I am at this job. I didn't ask for raises or anything. With hard work, comes rewards.

Really?  What rewards? 

I think had he just stayed it would have been enough, no?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #758 on: February 22, 2013, 04:01:04 PM »

Sounds like all Bushie has to do is sign the rights over to Bacon King for a cut of the action and America has a new superstar.  Bushie, do you think Honey Boo Boo is ever gonna have to work a day in her life? That could be you! If my life weren't so damn boring I'd do it. Steady employment isn't all that glamorous. Take it from somebody who has been there.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #759 on: February 22, 2013, 04:10:47 PM »

Remaining with the same company for more than 5 months at a time is the first way to get a raise. BushOK is still obsessed with these "get rich quick" schemes. Whenever he takes a job, he points out how he is on a fasttrack to a raise, etc, and when he finds out he isn't getting an immediate raise, he calls it a dead end and leaves or does something to get himself fired.

If he works hard, he will reap the rewards, eventually. He just is not willing to work at it. Of course, that is the reason behind this thread. We talk and talk and talk, offer advice, and he always ignores us and keeps making the same mistakes. I doubt he will ever turn things around - even he doesn't think things are that bad, and he's 32 and living with his parents with no job and hasn't held a job when he has held one for more than 6 months. If that isn't a sign of trouble, I guess nothing is.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #760 on: February 22, 2013, 04:23:42 PM »

Really?  What rewards?  

I think had he just stayed it would have been enough, no?

Job security, raises, promotions. That's what I've been doing, and been getting.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #761 on: February 22, 2013, 09:20:21 PM »

Anyway, lets change the subject.  Enough of the attacks.  I will be fine.  I've been fine for many years.  My life is not screwed up like has been previously mentioned.  I am a little impulsive on the decision making, but it doesn't mean I have bad judgement, nor do my parents.  God has seen me through many mistakes in the past and I have no doubt He will see me through this one, which I still don't think its a mistake.  Its not the choice I would have made on my own.  If it were all up to me, which it shouild be, but is not then I would be heading to work in about 6 hours and would have extended my apartment lease another six months.  Anyway, I've got a busy weekend ahead, but I do plan on getting started looking on Sunday.  I've got several places to call tomorrow and we're going to Shawnee as a family for lunch at Cracker Barrel and a trip to Walmart.  Saturday is a lot of rearranging and getting my room ready to go.  I will be looking online as well the next two evenings.  I do plan on looking really heavy next week.

Let's be clear.  I did not want to come back to Oklahoma and I was prepared to suspend the job search for the next 12-18 months and continue on with the status quo.  I enjoyed my job in Utah and I worked for the best boss anybody could ever ask for.  Since my parents are helping me out, I could not turn my Dad down.  Mom thinks I should have given it another 6-9 months, at minimum, but Dad overpowered both of us.  Oh well, what's done is done and two wrongs don't make a right, so I am going to find a job as fast as I can, and try to be into an apartment of my own by Christmas if not the Autumn.

Such an unfortunate attitude.  I suppose you are not ready to make any changes and admit error.

I actually have no ill words for your parents or their advice.  You are a grown man and have to take responsibility for your own actions.  As I see it, they love you and have been trying their hardest to help you out. YOU are putting them in a bad situation and making it awkward on them.  YOU have to be the one to own up, man up and make some changes.  If you can't hack it on a job and are experiencing some problems coping, then you have to seek some help to build a better foundation.
Pretending everything is just hunky dory may help you get through the day but it will continue leading you down the path of retarded growth and atrophy.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #762 on: February 22, 2013, 09:37:06 PM »

Anyway, lets change the subject.  Enough of the attacks.  I will be fine.  I've been fine for many years.  My life is not screwed up like has been previously mentioned.  I am a little impulsive on the decision making, but it doesn't mean I have bad judgement, nor do my parents.  God has seen me through many mistakes in the past and I have no doubt He will see me through this one, which I still don't think its a mistake.  Its not the choice I would have made on my own.  If it were all up to me, which it shouild be, but is not then I would be heading to work in about 6 hours and would have extended my apartment lease another six months.  Anyway, I've got a busy weekend ahead, but I do plan on getting started looking on Sunday.  I've got several places to call tomorrow and we're going to Shawnee as a family for lunch at Cracker Barrel and a trip to Walmart.  Saturday is a lot of rearranging and getting my room ready to go.  I will be looking online as well the next two evenings.  I do plan on looking really heavy next week.

Let's be clear.  I did not want to come back to Oklahoma and I was prepared to suspend the job search for the next 12-18 months and continue on with the status quo.  I enjoyed my job in Utah and I worked for the best boss anybody could ever ask for.  Since my parents are helping me out, I could not turn my Dad down.  Mom thinks I should have given it another 6-9 months, at minimum, but Dad overpowered both of us.  Oh well, what's done is done and two wrongs don't make a right, so I am going to find a job as fast as I can, and try to be into an apartment of my own by Christmas if not the Autumn.

Such an unfortunate attitude.  I suppose you are not ready to make any changes and admit error.

I actually have no ill words for your parents or their advice.  You are a grown man and have to take responsibility for your own actions.  As I see it, they love you and have been trying their hardest to help you out. YOU are putting them in a bad situation and making it awkward on them.  YOU have to be the one to own up, man up and make some changes.  If you can't hack it on a job and are experiencing some problems coping, then you have to seek some help to build a better foundation.
Pretending everything is just hunky dory may help you get through the day but it will continue leading you down the path of retarded growth and atrophy.

Thanks, Patrick.  I've got to do what I need to get myself back on my feet the most efficient and effective way possible.  While I look for a job, I'm also going to look for vo-tech programs.  I want to go in a new direction away from IT.  I really need to take an aptitude test to figure out what I'm good at and what I want to do.  I'm thinking right now hotel management, but I'm not entirely sure, yet.  I do know when I look for a job, I will not apply for ANY call centers or sales or fast food.  I'll sack groceries if I have to, but I will not work in a call center.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #763 on: February 23, 2013, 12:57:42 PM »

It's almost noon on Saturday and we're cleaning out my closet so I can put some clothes in there.  Tonight, we're having Enchilada Casserole for dinner.  Tomorrow, we'll be going to church as a family, or at least Mom, Grandma, and I.  Dad is working 20 hours OT each week now through June.  We'll be home from church by 11:30 tomorrow morning and I'll watch the Daytona 500 then.  I'll go back to church tomorrow evening.  We've got some rain coming in Sunday, then changing over to snow Monday.  OKC is supposed to get 1-4" depending on what part of the city you're on.  Northwest Oklahoma is supposed to get clocked again with another foot of snow.  This is after Alva, my college town, picked up 13.5" on Wednesday.  They'll get a little melting the next 24-36 hours, but then will get clocked again.  Tonight and tomorrow night, I will be doing some major vo-tech research and job search.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #764 on: February 23, 2013, 01:37:19 PM »

What is an enchilada casserole? Have you asked anybody at church if they know of any job openings? Have you applied for a job at a grocery? Your dad is an old who is working 60 hours per week. You owe him more than research.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #765 on: February 23, 2013, 01:51:36 PM »

It's like lasagna but made with enchilada ingredients.

I don't know why Bushie is so dead-set on working at a call center. Surely he could put in applications at the Wal-Mart (I assume that's the only retail store still open in whatever city he lives in).
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #766 on: February 23, 2013, 02:00:20 PM »

Enchilada Casserole is one of my mother's recipes.  It is basically the ingredients of an enchilada (refried beans, cheese, tortillas, onions, ground beef) layered on top of each other in casserole form.

I haven't been to church, yet, so I haven't been able to ask anybody if there are any job openings.  This is a new church for me, anyway, so I don't know these people, yet.

I haven't done much job searching or applying, yet.  What we're going to do is look for a vo-tech program first and then depending on what I decide on and when it starts, I will look in the Sunday paper and do more in depth job search.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #767 on: February 23, 2013, 02:02:23 PM »

It's like lasagna but made with enchilada ingredients.

I don't know why Bushie is so dead-set on working at a call center. Surely he could put in applications at the Wal-Mart (I assume that's the only retail store still open in whatever city he lives in).

I am staying away from call centers in this job search.  Walmart doesn't appeal to me, but I might try other retail stores in the shopping malls around here or maybe Target, Kmart, etc.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #768 on: February 23, 2013, 02:50:13 PM »

Bushie what about the local municipality, or County government, or something like that?  Private industry is a losing game.  Do you know anyone who could help to get you into some low level job for government?  Even collecting the carcases off the roadways would be better than working for a private employer.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #769 on: February 23, 2013, 03:23:47 PM »

The government would be the best place he could work. It's safe job, stable, he'd get a raise every year, and the chances he gets fired are much lower than in the private sector. The utilities company was perfect. His biggest weakness will be his resume.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #770 on: February 23, 2013, 03:24:35 PM »

Looking into technical training is NOT a substitute for working.  Go out fill out some applications and get something for now. At major retailers like Target, you apply online, so you don't even have to get off your chair. You are not allowed to be unemployed when your Dad is working so much. Even 20 hr a week at minimum wage would be a few hundred dollars per month. That's enough to pay for your gasoline, food, phone, and credit cards.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #771 on: February 23, 2013, 03:26:20 PM »

...You are not allowed to be unemployed when your Dad is working so much.

What does his father do?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #772 on: February 23, 2013, 03:26:50 PM »

Another good thing about getting a job at a Target or supermarket or whatever (though I assume in Oklahoma all of those have already been replaced by Targets/Wal-Marts) is that having a job where he actually has to walk around or *gasp* stand up for a few hours would burn a lot of calories.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #773 on: February 23, 2013, 03:34:04 PM »

Another good thing about getting a job at a Target or supermarket or whatever (though I assume in Oklahoma all of those have already been replaced by Targets/Wal-Marts) is that having a job where he actually has to walk around or *gasp* stand up for a few hours would burn a lot of calories.

Gasp is right - standing up for long periods is incredibly painful - I once worked in a grocery store for one day (of course I quit).  This could do permanent damage to Bushies knees and other joints. 

I'd like to see him in an aqueous job, where he could move about like a manatee.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #774 on: February 23, 2013, 04:54:50 PM »

The government would be the best place he could work. It's safe job, stable, he'd get a raise every year, and the chances he gets fired are much lower than in the private sector. The utilities company was perfect. His biggest weakness will be his resume.

Can he claim to be a Native American?  That maybe might help a bit. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 71  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies