Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:08:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 71
Author Topic: Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V  (Read 129269 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #775 on: February 23, 2013, 05:19:14 PM »

So Dad takes overtime to pay the bills and Bushie takes voluntary time offs. Do I have that right?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #776 on: February 23, 2013, 05:38:17 PM »

So Dad takes overtime to pay the bills and Bushie takes voluntary time offs. Do I have that right?

I am not sure if that's why he's working late or not. I am sure the money is beginning to run out after a few years of this.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #777 on: February 23, 2013, 05:50:46 PM »

I am not sure if that's why he's working late or not. I am sure the money is beginning to run out after a few years of this.

He needs the money so he works.  Someone else in the house should do the same.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #778 on: February 23, 2013, 05:59:37 PM »

He needs the money so he works.  Someone else in the house should do the same.

I still cannot understand why BushOK hasn't looked at government jobs well before now. He could literally be the worst employee ever and have little risk of being let go. And he would get his raise every year.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #779 on: February 23, 2013, 06:50:46 PM »

The government's not hiring. States and municipalites are eliminating jobs. They're broke as big business has declared itself unwilling to pay taxes, and if you don't like it, they'll take their jobs to another, more desperate place that will give them tax exemptions and a wad of cash.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #780 on: February 23, 2013, 07:04:21 PM »

I thought the government was always hiring? They were during the recession; government payrolls were always growing.

My point stands. BushOK needs to get a job like that, or work at Wal-Mart or something that is stable. No more call centers. The most important thing is stability so he can start rebuilding is resume and show he can hold a job for longer than 5 months.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #781 on: February 23, 2013, 07:26:49 PM »

Monday morning he also needs to get down to the food stamp office. He should be able to get about $100/month in free groceries. And he can't use that for fast food or buffets Smiley
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #782 on: February 23, 2013, 07:51:17 PM »

Monday morning he also needs to get down to the food stamp office. He should be able to get about $100/month in free groceries. And he can't use that for fast food or buffets Smiley

Didn't he say at one point that he didn't want to take government assistance?  Not willing to take $ from the government, but willing to take $ from his parents?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #783 on: February 23, 2013, 08:30:06 PM »

Didn't he say at one point that he didn't want to take government assistance?  Not willing to take $ from the government, but willing to take $ from his parents?

He built the roads from Utah to Oklahoma (via California) himself?  I doubt very much he went to private schools? And so forth. Even disregarding all that, he is in no position to be prideful. And he's lucky he's not living under a bridge.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #784 on: February 23, 2013, 09:37:38 PM »

He built the roads from Utah to Oklahoma (via California) himself?  I doubt very much he went to private schools? And so forth. Even disregarding all that, he is in no position to be prideful. And he's lucky he's not living under a bridge.

Right.  My post was not meant as a prescription.  More as a request for someone to jog my memory about what form of government assistance Bushie previously said he didn't want to take.  From using the Google to search through Update past, looks like he's OK with unemployment benefits:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=109091.msg2835502#msg2835502

But I swear there was some point in the past where someone asked him if he was going to apply for food stamps or Medicaid or something, and he said that he was "too proud" to do so.  (But apparently not too proud to take money from his parents!)  Anyone else remember this, or am I hallucinating?  Bushie, forgive me if that was just a product of my imagination!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #785 on: February 23, 2013, 09:45:45 PM »

Right.  My post was not meant as a prescription.  More as a request for someone to jog my memory about what form of government assistance Bushie previously said he didn't want to take.  From using the Google to search through Update past, looks like he's OK with unemployment benefits:

But I swear there was some point in the past where someone asked him if he was going to apply for food stamps or Medicaid or something, and he said that he was "too proud" to do so.  (But apparently not too proud to take money from his parents!)  Anyone else remember this, or am I hallucinating?  Bushie, forgive me if that was just a product of my imagination!

No, no you understand correctly.  Although, at this point, I'm open to pretty much anything...
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #786 on: February 23, 2013, 09:46:50 PM »

No, no you understand correctly.

Understand what correctly?  That until now, you've refused government aid on principle?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #787 on: February 23, 2013, 09:48:14 PM »

Sounds like Bushie is ready to spread those legs for the government to enter him! Should be a step in the right direction.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #788 on: February 23, 2013, 09:53:44 PM »

No, no you understand correctly.

Understand what correctly?  That until now, you've refused government aid on principle?

I was "too" proud to accept most government aid.

Sounds like Bushie is ready to spread those legs for the government to enter him! Should be a step in the right direction.

Horrible imagery. Smiley  Nobody and I am NOBODY wants to picture that. Sheesh!
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #789 on: February 23, 2013, 10:17:47 PM »

There's nothing wrong with receiving unemployment/government aid. I've done so in between jobs. Pride has nothing to do with it.

You aren't too proud to live with your parents at 30 and receive their assistance?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #790 on: February 24, 2013, 06:47:54 AM »

I thought the government was always hiring? They were during the recession; government payrolls were always growing.

No, haven't you seen the news?  Austerity is causing government to shrink - which is the cause of all our economic ills (or rather, our inability to correct the ever-present ills of the always poorly-functioning capitalism).

No one every answered my question - what does BushOK's father do for a living?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #791 on: February 24, 2013, 07:53:07 AM »

This would be a great time for a picture of a large woman... but it being Sunday morning, I'll refrain
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #792 on: February 24, 2013, 09:36:01 AM »

I don't believe he's ever revealed that. Certainly something extremely unpleasant and poorly paid though.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #793 on: February 24, 2013, 09:48:03 AM »

I don't believe he's ever revealed that. Certainly something extremely unpleasant and poorly paid though.

He actually enjoys it and gets paid decently for only having been at the company for 14 years.  He works as a Technical Editor for a large Department of Defense contractor.  I'm not going to reveal the name of the Company, but he gets paid pretty good.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #794 on: February 24, 2013, 12:36:21 PM »

Only 14 years........actually that's not bad compared to never hitting 14 months.

So, Bushie's Dad has long term employment, his mom retired (why did she have to, by the way), meaning she worked some place a long time, and his brother is a 20+ Navy man......all admirable, employment wise.  That's one quality you want to emulate, Bushie.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #795 on: February 24, 2013, 01:19:07 PM »

This would be a great time for a picture of a large woman... but it being Sunday morning, I'll refrain

No occasion is a great time to post those pictures, unless you start your own thread and put them in it.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #796 on: February 24, 2013, 01:44:41 PM »

So, all of Bushie's family works for the goverfnment, either directly or indirectly? There's the key difference. Hope the sequester doesn't make them all homeless. If so, maybe they're know what "smaller government" means for them in the future.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #797 on: February 24, 2013, 02:11:08 PM »

So, all of Bushie's family works for the goverfnment, either directly or indirectly? There's the key difference. Hope the sequester doesn't make them all homeless. If so, maybe they're know what "smaller government" means for them in the future.

I'm more concerned about my brother being still in Active Duty Navy.  He only has 16 months until retirement, but we're concerned that the sequester and coming military cuts will force him out of the Navy prematurely and thus cost him his retirement and get nothing in return for nearly 20 years of service.  I don't think Congress would be that cruel, but you never know, they care more about themselves than our military.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #798 on: February 24, 2013, 02:12:39 PM »

I'm more concerned about my brother being still in Active Duty Navy.  He only has 16 months until retirement, but we're concerned that the sequester and coming military cuts will force him out of the Navy prematurely and thus cost him his retirement and get nothing in return for nearly 20 years of service.  I don't think Congress would be that cruel, but you never know, they care more about themselves than our military.

They're going to toss out the newbies and maybe limit new service members.  He's fine.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #799 on: February 24, 2013, 02:19:30 PM »

They're going to toss out the newbies and maybe limit new service members.  He's fine.

That's what I believe will happen, but Congress can be unpredictable and cold-hearted, at times, so there's always a little concern.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 71  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies