Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:29:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 71
Author Topic: Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V  (Read 129251 times)
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #800 on: February 24, 2013, 02:21:50 PM »

So, all of Bushie's family works for the goverfnment, either directly or indirectly? There's the key difference. Hope the sequester doesn't make them all homeless. If so, maybe they're know what "smaller government" means for them in the future.

I'm more concerned about my brother being still in Active Duty Navy.  He only has 16 months until retirement, but we're concerned that the sequester and coming military cuts will force him out of the Navy prematurely and thus cost him his retirement and get nothing in return for nearly 20 years of service.  I don't think Congress would be that cruel, but you never know, they care more about themselves than our military.

They're going to toss out the newbies and maybe limit new service members.  He's fine.

That's what I believe will happen, but Congress can be unpredictable and cold-hearted, at times, so there's always a little concern.

Thanks, Obama!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #801 on: February 24, 2013, 02:24:21 PM »

So, all of Bushie's family works for the goverfnment, either directly or indirectly? There's the key difference. Hope the sequester doesn't make them all homeless. If so, maybe they're know what "smaller government" means for them in the future.

I'm more concerned about my brother being still in Active Duty Navy.  He only has 16 months until retirement, but we're concerned that the sequester and coming military cuts will force him out of the Navy prematurely and thus cost him his retirement and get nothing in return for nearly 20 years of service.  I don't think Congress would be that cruel, but you never know, they care more about themselves than our military.

They're going to toss out the newbies and maybe limit new service members.  He's fine.

That's what I believe will happen, but Congress can be unpredictable and cold-hearted, at times, so there's always a little concern.

Congress won't make those decisions.   They don't have operational control of the miltary.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #802 on: February 24, 2013, 09:00:56 PM »

I think I may have struck a possible gold mine this evening.  My pastor and cousin, who also works at the Post Office during the week and has been there for nearly 8 years says that despite all the cutbacks that the Postal Service is hiring and not just for carriers, either.  He said they're hiring for clerks and other jobs within the Post Office environment.  He says the hiring process right now is much, much faster than the usual way.  He's not sure I would get the full benefits, but he said the pay would generally start in the high teens and it could very easily turn into full time, permanent employment with the USPS.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #803 on: February 24, 2013, 10:14:33 PM »
« Edited: February 24, 2013, 10:18:05 PM by Sbane »

Or maybe they care about our budget? I would be perfectly fine with them cutting a huge chunk of the military, though it should be focused towards cutting back on unnecessary equipment, as opposed to screwing over long term employees. Your brother should be fine, even if they cut some newbies.

No one cared when they cut subsidized interest loans for graduate students. But how dare someone suggest the navy doesn't need a gazzilion more ships. Roll Eyes
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #804 on: February 24, 2013, 10:17:29 PM »

I'm more concerned about my brother being still in Active Duty Navy.  He only has 16 months until retirement, but we're concerned that the sequester and coming military cuts will force him out of the Navy prematurely and thus cost him his retirement and get nothing in return for nearly 20 years of service.  I don't think Congress would be that cruel, but you never know, they care more about themselves than our military.

Or maybe they care about our budget?

I seriously doubt they care an iota about the budget any further than their re-election depends on it.  There are a few exceptions to the rule, though, but very few.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #805 on: February 25, 2013, 08:30:28 AM »

So how many jobs have you picked to apply to?

And how much weight have you lost?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #806 on: February 25, 2013, 08:49:09 AM »

I'm more concerned about my brother being still in Active Duty Navy.  He only has 16 months until retirement, but we're concerned that the sequester and coming military cuts will force him out of the Navy prematurely and thus cost him his retirement and get nothing in return for nearly 20 years of service.  I don't think Congress would be that cruel, but you never know, they care more about themselves than our military.

I seriously doubt they care an iota about the budget any further than their re-election depends on it.  There are a few exceptions to the rule, though, but very few.

Aren't you the guy who, in virtually every presidential election, says that he "likes both candidates"?  When did you suddenly become cynical about political motives?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #807 on: February 25, 2013, 09:24:41 AM »

Aren't you the guy who, in virtually every presidential election, says that he "likes both candidates"?  When did you suddenly become cynical about political motives?

Perhaps he likes the Presidential candidates but not Congress. A bit like how the Brits adore their monarchs but have contempt for Parliament.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #808 on: February 25, 2013, 11:02:18 AM »

I think I may have struck a possible gold mine this evening.  My pastor and cousin, who also works at the Post Office during the week and has been there for nearly 8 years says that despite all the cutbacks that the Postal Service is hiring and not just for carriers, either.  He said they're hiring for clerks and other jobs within the Post Office environment.  He says the hiring process right now is much, much faster than the usual way.  He's not sure I would get the full benefits, but he said the pay would generally start in the high teens and it could very easily turn into full time, permanent employment with the USPS.

Excellent!!  Good man.  As I told you - the only way you will find reasonable employment is 1) through a community/family network, and 2) with a public or quasi-public employer.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #809 on: February 25, 2013, 11:16:25 AM »

Excellent!!  Good man.  As I told you - the only way you will find reasonable employment is 1) through a community/family network, and 2) with a public or quasi-public employer.

My pastor cousin is going to ask his boss today or this week how I go about applying and what the process is.

Inks, I've picked out a couple of other places that I'm going to check into this week.  I haven't put in any applications, yet, but I've got places I'm going to at least check out.  None of which are call centers or sales or MLM's.

I haven't lost any weight since I've been here, and to be honest, i haven't exactly been trying, either.  I am eating whatever my mother fixes for dinner and it's not always perfectly healthy food.  I feel I owe it to her not to complain about what she fixes for dinner.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #810 on: February 25, 2013, 11:29:45 AM »

Are the people in charge of the post office involved in your sect?  This could be very helpful.  Be prepared to 'buy a job' - either at the local government or at quasi-governmental employers.  Here in Thailand most jobs, particularly the desirable ones (i.e. not in private industry) require a large under the table bribe to secure.

Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #811 on: February 25, 2013, 11:54:29 AM »

My pastor cousin is going to ask his boss today or this week how I go about applying and what the process is.

Inks, I've picked out a couple of other places that I'm going to check into this week.  I haven't put in any applications, yet, but I've got places I'm going to at least check out.  None of which are call centers or sales or MLM's.

I haven't lost any weight since I've been here, and to be honest, i haven't exactly been trying, either.  I am eating whatever my mother fixes for dinner and it's not always perfectly healthy food.  I feel I owe it to her not to complain about what she fixes for dinner.

What is she fixing for dinner?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #812 on: February 25, 2013, 12:04:28 PM »

I am eating whatever my mother fixes for dinner and it's not always perfectly healthy food.  I feel I owe it to her not to complain about what she fixes for dinner.

This is totally understandable.  And, if you simply eat a small portion you should have no problems.  Eat only a very small amount of whatever is the 'carb' or 'starch' of the meal, and reasonable amounts of the meat and any vegetables.  Remember, you should always be very hungry when you go to sleep.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #813 on: February 25, 2013, 05:09:33 PM »
« Edited: February 25, 2013, 05:11:28 PM by ModerateCoward »

I think I may have struck a possible gold mine this evening.  My pastor and cousin, who also works at the Post Office during the week and has been there for nearly 8 years says that despite all the cutbacks that the Postal Service is hiring and not just for carriers, either.  He said they're hiring for clerks and other jobs within the Post Office environment.  He says the hiring process right now is much, much faster than the usual way.  He's not sure I would get the full benefits, but he said the pay would generally start in the high teens and it could very easily turn into full time, permanent employment with the USPS.

Excellent!!  Good man.  As I told you - the only way you will find reasonable employment is 1) through a community/family network, and 2) with a public or quasi-public employer.
Don't forget unionized private-sector employment opebo(for example UAW), but I believe this is not possible in his state.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #814 on: February 25, 2013, 05:10:40 PM »

Don't forget unionized private-sector employment opebo, but I believe this is not possible in his state.

Quite correct!  A rarity outside of the few civilized states.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #815 on: February 25, 2013, 10:34:22 PM »

Make sure you join the APWU if you do get hired at the Postal Service.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #816 on: February 26, 2013, 12:51:22 AM »

Why not go tomorrow?

And that's fine - eat whatever she makes.  Just eat less.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #817 on: February 26, 2013, 06:32:44 AM »

Bushie,
What are your short term and long term goals? Sometimes- it helps to spell these out every once in a while and create a plan to reach them...
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #818 on: February 26, 2013, 06:45:24 AM »

Bushie,
What are your short term and long term goals? Sometimes- it helps to spell these out every once in a while and create a plan to reach them...

Something tells me 'survival' is the goal of most people nowadays, clarence. 
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #819 on: February 26, 2013, 11:09:39 AM »

Bushie,

Probably the same goals he's had for the past 5 years...
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #820 on: February 26, 2013, 11:23:44 AM »

Bushie,

Well he's still alive. That impresses me.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #821 on: February 26, 2013, 11:40:17 AM »

Bushie,

I'm pretty sure he embellishes some of what he says about his health.  There are few people who have truly had 5 heart attacks and go on to live as long as he has.  And anybody who still eats like he does after 5 heart attacks is suicidal in a practical sense.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #822 on: February 26, 2013, 11:41:40 AM »

Bushie,

Owners derive no material benefit from dead workers. You have to make sure they have just enough of the basics to keep on toiling.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #823 on: February 26, 2013, 11:44:58 AM »

Bushie, if you will PM me your phone address etc, I will go on Target.com and apply for a job in metro OKC for you. Not as a favor to you. But for your parents. I feel bad for them.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #824 on: February 26, 2013, 11:53:11 AM »

Bushie, if you will PM me your phone address etc, I will go on Target.com and apply for a job in metro OKC for you. Not as a favor to you. But for your parents. I feel bad for them.

At this point, if they're still enabling him, it's probably going to take a severe financial crisis for his parents to finally realize they need to cut him off.  If his dad loses his job, it would probably end up being the best thing overall for the entire family.  I don't see the enabling stopping any other way.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 71  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies