Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:11:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 71
Author Topic: Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V  (Read 129279 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #850 on: February 26, 2013, 03:58:30 PM »

Is it that hard to stand for 8 hours?

Wow - could only be said by someone who has never had to do it!

Lol Opebo. Just because you are a lazy does not mean everyone else is. I have to stand up at my job for 8 hours every single day.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #851 on: February 26, 2013, 04:00:34 PM »

Lol Opebo. Just because you are a lazy does not mean everyone else is. I have to stand up at my job for 8 hours every single day.

You like standing up all day?  You accept it without objection?  Rather browbeaten, aren't you lad?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #852 on: February 26, 2013, 04:03:26 PM »

Last week one day, I applied to seven jobs online in less than two hours. Just saying...
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #853 on: February 26, 2013, 04:04:18 PM »

Last week one day, I applied to seven jobs online in less than two hours. Just saying...

What kind of jobs could you 'apply for' online?  Couldn't be a real job, surely.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #854 on: February 26, 2013, 04:04:31 PM »

Bushie, if you will PM me your phone address etc, I will go on Target.com and apply for a job in metro OKC for you. Not as a favor to you. But for your parents. I feel bad for them.

I'm open to this.  PM me exactly what you need and I'll reply to you this evening so you can go on there either this evening or tomorrow.

Thanks, memphis!

....you can't go on targets website and apply yourself?

I can, but since he offered. Smiley

Dude... submit your own damn application.  My goodness, you might be the laziest person I have ever witnessed... The application will be more accurate and complete if you do it.

How many applications have you submitted so far, while you've been suckling yourself on the food and money of your parents?

Actual applications only 2.  Target and the Post Office.  I'm being very picky on my applications as I want to make absolutely sure I can and I am willing to do whatever is on the job description.  Granted, I should be doing more than just 2, and I will, but slowly, but surely.
If you've already submitted an application to Target, why would you send me your info so that I could do the same?

That includes the application to Target you're putting in on my behalf.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #855 on: February 26, 2013, 04:06:26 PM »

What kind of jobs could you 'apply for' online?  Couldn't be a real job, surely.
Of course I'm not applying to "real" jobs, I'm a college student. But I applied at Target in very little time. But a lot of standard online applications basically just ask the same information over and over again, so if you sit down and focus on nothing else, it doesn't take long.

Bushie, do you have a resume?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #856 on: February 26, 2013, 04:11:16 PM »

You like standing up all day?  You accept it without objection?  Rather browbeaten, aren't you lad?

It's the nature of the job. It's fast paced so I wouldn't have time to sit. There is usually a chair for those entering the prescriptions but you have to do other tasks at the same time so you aren't sitting for long. The Pharmacist can sit for most of the time though, provided the Pharmacy has enough space for a chair, which in many cases is not true.

I don't mind it much because I am studying to be a Pharmacist and will be paid well. The technicians don't get paid well at all though, and they have to run around. It pisses me off when people target Pharmacies as location where people are overpaid (looking at you Memphis). The Pharmacist gets paid well, but they get paid for their knowledge and extensive loans, and there is never more than one working at a time. Everyone else is a technician or a Pharmacist intern. Technicians don't get paid much above minimum wage and that is who you usually interact with when you go to a Pharmacy.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #857 on: February 26, 2013, 04:11:21 PM »

Of course I'm not applying to "real" jobs, I'm a college student. But I applied at Target in very little time. But a lot of standard online applications basically just ask the same information over and over again, so if you sit down and focus on nothing else, it doesn't take long.

Yes, I do have a resume.  I'm looking to see what I can find right now.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #858 on: February 26, 2013, 04:15:52 PM »

It's the nature of the job. It's fast paced so I wouldn't have time to sit. There is usually a chair for those entering the prescriptions but you have to do other tasks at the same time so you aren't sitting for long. The Pharmacist can sit for most of the time though, provided the Pharmacy has enough space for a chair, which in many cases is not true.

I don't mind it much because I am studying to be a Pharmacist and will be paid well. The technicians don't get paid well at all though, and they have to run around. It pisses me off when people target Pharmacies as location where people are overpaid (looking at you Memphis). The Pharmacist gets paid well, but they get paid for their knowledge and extensive loans, and there is never more than one working at a time. Everyone else is a technician or a Pharmacist intern. Technicians don't get paid much above minimum wage and that is who you usually interact with when you go to a Pharmacy.

That's quite interesting, I had no idea this was your field, Sbane.  Now I think I understand your atypically positive (for a Democrat) view of the medical profession.  I suppose one thing that may make your aching limbs and deformed feet feel better at the end of the day is the fact that you can see a future - the position of pharmacist one day, and a livable income.  Most people in stand-all-day jobs have to stand up like that the rest of their lives.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #859 on: February 26, 2013, 04:16:59 PM »

Yes, I do have a resume.  I'm looking to see what I can find right now.
You might consider having a few people look over your resume. I feel like every time I've had someone look at mine, it has only gotten better.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #860 on: February 26, 2013, 04:18:53 PM »

You might consider having a few people look over your resume. I feel like every time I've had someone look at mine, it has only gotten better.

Well, unless he wilfully omits some of the 15 jobs he's had in the last 3 years, he's going to need a ton of help explaining them, so good idea!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #861 on: February 26, 2013, 04:19:42 PM »

The techs are definately not overpaid. Just like any other cashier job except there are more security issues. Pharmacists are indeed very well educated, but I don't really understand why. What do they do other than take pills from big bottles and put them into small bottles? I don't believe there's any science going on behind the Walgreens desk. Please correct me if I'm wrong. The side effects are all listed on the computer print out.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #862 on: February 26, 2013, 04:20:32 PM »

I just sent out 2 more applications in just 20 minutes of searching.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #863 on: February 26, 2013, 04:21:12 PM »

Well, unless he wilfully omits some of the 15 jobs he's had in the last 3 years, he's going to need a ton of help explaining them, so good idea!
Perhaps he can say he was doing some sort of religious thing. People are reluctant to question that sort of thing for fear of offending.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #864 on: February 26, 2013, 04:21:29 PM »

Be careful - isn't that how the fraudsters got hold of you before?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #865 on: February 26, 2013, 04:25:19 PM »

I'm applying to zero entry-level call center jobs.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #866 on: February 26, 2013, 04:30:39 PM »

Yes - a modern job entered into voluntarily, where you can leave at will, and you're compensated with pay... just the same as slavery!

Come on, friend, you know quite well the capital-less die without jobs.  

Have to get money to eat, and the controllers only dole out the little bit of money if you jump as they tell you.  

Not true.  There are plenty of self-employed people who do just fine.

Yeah - as I said, people with capital.

I've done it.  I've done it for longer.  It's tiring when you do it 22 days in a row, but otherwise, it's really not bad.

I wouldn't know about that - I always quit after the first day of any standing-up job.

Well not everybody who's self-employed starts with capital.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #867 on: February 26, 2013, 04:31:45 PM »

What's a "real" job?  One that lets you sit and do nothing all day and get paid?  That seems to be the standard you're advocating for.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #868 on: February 26, 2013, 04:32:16 PM »

That's quite interesting, I had no idea this was your field, Sbane.  Now I think I understand your atypically positive (for a Democrat) view of the medical profession.  I suppose one thing that may make your aching limbs and deformed feet feel better at the end of the day is the fact that you can see a future - the position of pharmacist one day, and a livable income.  Most people in stand-all-day jobs have to stand up like that the rest of their lives.

Again, I don't really mind the standing. Maybe it's because I am young, but I have not noticed problems from it.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #869 on: February 26, 2013, 04:38:02 PM »

So what're you talking about here?  Pickpockets?

What's a "real" job?  One that lets you sit and do nothing all day and get paid?  That seems to be the standard you're advocating for.

Sounds good to me!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #870 on: February 26, 2013, 04:40:48 PM »

1. I thought you weren't doing call centers.  Not that I disapprove.  You need anything that will give you a paycheck, although quitting a call center just to move back home and work at a call center would be incredibly stupid.
2. Did you really give out your real SSN?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #871 on: February 26, 2013, 04:42:09 PM »

So what're you talking about here?  Pickpockets?

Or loans...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #872 on: February 26, 2013, 04:45:56 PM »

1. I thought you weren't doing call centers.  Not that I disapprove.  You need anything that will give you a paycheck, although quitting a call center just to move back home and work at a call center would be incredibly stupid.

1.  Emphasis on the word zero
2.  Over PM to Memphis, yes, but I trust he will destroy it as soon as he inputs it.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #873 on: February 26, 2013, 04:47:15 PM »
« Edited: February 26, 2013, 04:56:34 PM by Sbane »

The techs are definately not overpaid. Just like any other cashier job except there are more security issues. Pharmacists are indeed very well educated, but I don't really understand why. What do they do other than take pills from big bottles and put them into small bottles? I don't believe there's any science going on behind the Walgreens desk. Please correct me if I'm wrong. The side effects are all listed on the computer print out.

We are checking for drug interactions all the time. We need to be able to educate patients on how to take their medications and any questions they may have. Usually about interactions with OTC's. We need to answer questions about dosing for children for OTC's. We also get questions about herbal and dietary supplements and need to be able to answer those. Usually doctors don't tell their patients how to take their medication and about side effects, figuring it is our job and that is true. Some people just treat us as a vending machine, but that is not supposed to be our purpose.

Leaving that aside, someone also needs to manage the Pharmacy and verify everything is done exactly right. We also need to ensure compliance with the hundreds of thousands of laws regarding drugs and pharmacies. This means verifying that prescriptions are entered correctly, they are on the right type of paper, they have all the information necessary by law. Then we need to verify that the technicians did their job right and don't dispense the wrong drug, strength, dosage form, dosage type or wrong amount (very important for controlled drugs). And of course in an average pharmacy, you are doing this about 400 times a day. While counseling and checking for drug interactions.

And did I mention dealing with insurance companies? Oh insurance.....we should get paid double for having to deal with their bullsh**t. Any good Pharmacist is an expert on insurance practices and the law. We are a very multifaceted profession.

And with all of that being said, do you really think you are overpaying at your pharmacy? Most drugs cost just a few dollars for a 30 day supply and about $10 for a 90 day supply. The ones that are expensive are usually due to the costs charged to us by the pharmaceutical companies. They are the ones you are mad at. Or maybe your insurance company, which sometimes raises prices on certain drugs within a class to guide you towards another one since they might have sweetheart deals with a certain manufacturer. So don't blame us for that.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #874 on: February 26, 2013, 04:53:08 PM »

1. I thought you weren't doing call centers.  Not that I disapprove.  You need anything that will give you a paycheck, although quitting a call center just to move back home and work at a call center would be incredibly stupid.

1.  Emphasis on the word zero
2.  Over PM to Memphis, yes, but I trust he will destroy it as soon as he inputs it.

Oh, I thought "zero entry-level" was some sort of terminology for a type of call center.  My mistake.

WHY WOULD YOU GIVE YOUR SSN TO SOMEONE YOU DON'T KNOW OVER THE INTERNET?!?! ESPECIALLY AN INTERNET FORUM THAT DOES NOT HAVE ANY SORT OF ENCRYPTION?  I don't even.... seriously?
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 71  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies