Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:31:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 ... 71
Author Topic: Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V  (Read 129488 times)
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #975 on: February 27, 2013, 05:52:04 PM »

Good job today, Bushie - that's a start, now it's on you to keep it up. Best of luck! Believe me, the less you eat and the more you exercise the better you'll feel. I find time to run every day, and I look forward to it and feel terrific after it's over.

As far as the diet goes, there are simple, tasty, cheap, very healthy dishes that you can get into, and yes, stop the fast food (even "good" fast food is all processed stuff you don't want or need) and later start weening yourself off of red meat, if you eat that much - just start by cutting back. In time you might want to get off dairy too, but don't do too much too fast or you'll get frustrated.

There is some talk about salads - they are a great option, but the store-bought dressing is largely no good and can ruin a salad. A cheap bottle of extra virgin olive oil and a vial of balsamic vinegar from Wal-Mart mixed to preferred taste (there is some pop to it) gives you an extremely healthy salad dressing: 0 sodium and 0 cholesterol. Spaghetti's fine, but go whole grain noodles! There's no food value in a regular spaghetti noodle. It's just sugar.

Just a few tips for you.
Obamanation
United States

« Reply #976 on: February 27, 2013, 06:44:23 PM »

Good job today, Bushie - that's a start, now it's on you to keep it up. Best of luck! Believe me, the less you eat and the more you exercise the better you'll feel. I find time to run every day, and I look forward to it and feel terrific after it's over.

As far as the diet goes, there are simple, tasty, cheap, very healthy dishes that you can get into, and yes, stop the fast food (even "good" fast food is all processed stuff you don't want or need) and later start weening yourself off of red meat, if you eat that much - just start by cutting back. In time you might want to get off dairy too, but don't do too much too fast or you'll get frustrated.

There is some talk about salads - they are a great option, but the store-bought dressing is largely no good and can ruin a salad. A cheap bottle of extra virgin olive oil and a vial of balsamic vinegar from Wal-Mart mixed to preferred taste (there is some pop to it) gives you an extremely healthy salad dressing: 0 sodium and 0 cholesterol. Spaghetti's fine, but go whole grain noodles! There's no food value in a regular spaghetti noodle. It's just sugar.

Just a few tips for you.

This advice, as well as that of the rest of the forum, is great but if you think he's going to follow it long-term, then you haven't been paying attention.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #977 on: February 27, 2013, 06:47:55 PM »

If Bushie really isn't interested in advice and feedback, he should lock this thread and stick to Facebook for the "updates." Otherwise it's just a masturbatory exercise for attention.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #978 on: February 27, 2013, 06:52:28 PM »

Good job today, Bushie - that's a start, now it's on you to keep it up.

Dude, he didn't do anything.......he tells us what we want to hear sometimes. 
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #979 on: February 27, 2013, 07:09:43 PM »
« Edited: February 27, 2013, 07:11:46 PM by Mr. Morden »

Otherwise it's just a masturbatory exercise for attention.

I think you've got it.

EDIT: My favorite Bushie excuse from years past, haven't heard it in a while though, is when someone really lets him have it over his behavior, and Bushie responds by saying something like "Why do you care so much what I do?", and then the accuser responds with "Well if you don't want us to tell it like it is, then why are you posting in this thread?", and he responds with "I'm beginning to ask myself the same question."
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #980 on: February 27, 2013, 07:15:39 PM »

No, YOU got it, sir! Your post was the inspiration for mine.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #981 on: February 27, 2013, 07:20:49 PM »

If BushOK refuses to do anything of importance, he should at least take up drinking. I can't imagine how bored he gets just sitting around the house sober.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #982 on: February 27, 2013, 07:29:14 PM »

Good job today, Bushie - that's a start, now it's on you to keep it up.

Dude, he didn't do anything.......he tells us what we want to hear sometimes. 

Good thing I only wasted two posts - looks like a lot of people have wasted a lot more than that!

If Bushie really isn't interested in advice and feedback, he should lock this thread and stick to Facebook for the "updates." Otherwise it's just a masturbatory exercise for attention.

Well, if the whole thing is just him getting off on rejecting really common sense advice (and there are defeatist cases like that), and is not really a struggle against laziness and fatness, then it's time to forget about it and put it to bed. But maybe some folks enjoy seeing what excuses will be put forth next, in which case the relationship between Bushie and his audience is symbiotic. Otherwise, it's hard for me to believe that people would knowingly go through this charade.
Obamanation
United States

« Reply #983 on: February 27, 2013, 08:01:58 PM »

I certainly think that checking in once and a while is entertaining, purely for schadenfreude value, but it gets old fast and I would feel bad wasting advice on him.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #984 on: February 27, 2013, 11:27:06 PM »

I've had a good day.  I got outside and walked midday today for 30 minutes, moved some boxes this afternoon, and went to church tonight.  I'm about to head to bed pretty soon so I can get up early in the morning for Direct TV to show up between 8:00-12:00.  I may not post a whole lot the first half of the day tomorrow while they are here getting things hooked up.  They're supposed to be here for 2 1/2 hours as they have to completely redo the wiring.  The person who installed it in 2004 did it completely wrong.  We are fortunate we haven't lost service completely.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #985 on: February 27, 2013, 11:49:30 PM »

How many jobs did you apply for today?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #986 on: February 28, 2013, 12:21:15 AM »

We are fortunate we haven't lost service completely.

Imagine the horror!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #987 on: February 28, 2013, 01:18:55 AM »

He'd have to... gosh, I don't know if I can even type this... I'm trembling just thinking about it.  He'd have to eat... his TV dinner... watching BROADCAST TV CHANNELS!

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #988 on: February 28, 2013, 02:33:17 AM »

He'd have to... gosh, I don't know if I can even type this... I'm trembling just thinking about it.  He'd have to eat... his TV dinner... watching BROADCAST TV CHANNELS!

Given that he has no moral qualms about things like selling his father fake health insurance and the like, I would think he should have no problem dealing with TV the Australian way: Sticking with broadcast networks that you don't have to pay for, but supplementing that with pirated copies of the cable/satellite stuff that you can find online.  Tongue
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #989 on: February 28, 2013, 10:11:54 AM »

If BushOK refuses to do anything of importance, he should at least take up drinking. I can't imagine how bored he gets just sitting around the house sober.

The life of the poor is one of unremitting torture, and those among them that manage to suffer it for decades without any escapism (such as drinking or suicide) are nothing short of marvels of heroism (or at least Stoicism).
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #990 on: February 28, 2013, 12:55:21 PM »

Direct TV has come and gone and now I am able to watch TV in my room.  I will be getting a little lunch in a bit and then getting outside and walking for 30 minutes again.  I may also take a little nap in a bit.  I've got nothing else to do today, so I can pretty much just relax.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #991 on: February 28, 2013, 01:02:50 PM »

You put up that post just to annoy everybody didn't you Jeff? 

I actually find that rather amusing. I am in a better mood today. Yesterday, I was having to kick the butt of a trio of incompetent unresponsive lawyers screwing a friend, and I got irritable. I wish I could share the emails that went back and forth. Oh my - the flame wars! One compensating factor however is that I got to use the word "hazarai," (to describe the content of the bulk of an email), which always makes my day.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #992 on: February 28, 2013, 01:08:41 PM »
« Edited: February 28, 2013, 01:10:41 PM by Grumps »

No question.  Eating and acting like an amazonian sloth, instead of trying to find a job and better his life.  Yeah, this was intentional, Torie.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #993 on: February 28, 2013, 01:12:19 PM »

No question.  Eating and acting like an amazonion sloth, instead of trying to find a job and better his life.  Yeah, this was intentional, Torie.

However, I have my computer in front of me and www.careerbuilder.com on another open tab.  I'm not just sitting here doing nothing.  Yes, I may take a nap, but not before I apply to at least 2 jobs.  Then, tonight, while I'm watching basketball, I can apply to a couple more.  I am trying to be productive.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #994 on: February 28, 2013, 01:15:38 PM »

Moving right along, do you know how many jobs my now long term roommate applies to per day on average, Jeff? Wanna take a guess? Here is a hint. If it were 4 per day, your alleged number you think you might perhaps manage today given that is otherwise so somnolent, while being distracted watching TV, I would have kicked his ass out months ago, despite his kid situation, which is the reason I put him up in the first place.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #995 on: February 28, 2013, 01:18:56 PM »

Moving right along, do you know how many jobs my now long term roommate applies to per day on average, Jeff? Wanna take a guess? Here is a hint. If it were 4 per day, your alleged number you think you might perhaps manage today given that is otherwise so somnolent, while being distracted watching TV, I would have kicked his ass out months ago, despite his kid situation, which is the reason I put him up in the first place.

Indeed. I'm done here. Bushie's woes are all self-inflicted.  Take over, good men!
Obamanation
United States

« Reply #996 on: February 28, 2013, 01:53:53 PM »

Indeed. I'm done here. Bushie's woes are all self-inflicted.  Take over, good men!

Can't the moderators lock this thread and ban him for wasting his life and our time?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #997 on: February 28, 2013, 02:03:08 PM »

The life of the poor is one of unremitting torture, and those among them that manage to suffer it for decades without any escapism (such as drinking or suicide) are nothing short of marvels of heroism (or at least Stoicism).
Ask, and ye shall receive!
Direct TV has come and gone and now I am able to watch TV in my room.  I will be getting a little lunch in a bit and then getting outside and walking for 30 minutes again.  I may also take a little nap in a bit.  I've got nothing else to do today, so I can pretty much just relax.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #998 on: February 28, 2013, 02:52:01 PM »

No question.  Eating and acting like an amazonion sloth, instead of trying to find a job and better his life.  Yeah, this was intentional, Torie.

However, I have my computer in front of me and www.careerbuilder.com on another open tab.  I'm not just sitting here doing nothing.  Yes, I may take a nap, but not before I apply to at least 2 jobs.  Then, tonight, while I'm watching basketball, I can apply to a couple more.  I am trying to be productive.

Do your parents know that you're not actively looking for a job?  What a lazy, arrogant, horrible person you are.  Your parents are taking care of you, basically in every way, and you have the audacity to say you have nothing to do today other than apply for 2 jobs?  Shame. On. You.

Your are knowingly taking advantage of your family, and you should be ASHAMED of yourself.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #999 on: February 28, 2013, 02:54:17 PM »

Bushie, does the prospect of being homeless and starving appeal to you? Everything you've indicated thus far points to the affirmative.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 ... 71  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies