Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 01:42:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 71
Author Topic: Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V  (Read 130493 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: February 16, 2013, 09:52:20 PM »

Are you drinking, Bushie? "We", "we"? Who are we? You are thirty. This should be "I".

Concord Grape Raspberry V-8 V-Fusion Light.

I was actually drinking that at a conference I was at early today! I thought it an odd choice. Turns out there was a large number of Mormons there.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #376 on: February 16, 2013, 09:53:57 PM »

F Jeff, did you not read anything I wrote? Your house has negative equity. It's a ball and chain. Renting it is insane. It's a liability. Dump it! And stop paying the mortgage. Why put even one more dime in something that the bank essentially owns, and then some? It also has next to zero appreciation potential (low income hood, endless land, little zoning, low income area), and in fact despite the real estate market picking up, has actually depreciated a bit since you bought it. Geez!

Listen, on this matter, I actually have some expertise, believe it or not. But of course, this is not a two way affair. It is all about you, and part of the game is ignoring everything we say, and maybe enjoying the ensuing frustration. It is all just so weird.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #377 on: February 16, 2013, 09:54:36 PM »

We have thought about renting it out, but don't want the hassle of being a landlord.  We also can't afford to hire anybody to manage the renting for us.

Inks, I would appreciate it if you stopped reminding me of my "failures", which really are not failures, and stop with the "I told you so" crap.  You do realize that doesn't help, right?  Let me be clear, I HAVE NOT FAILED AT LIFE.

Jeff, I'm not reminding you of any failures... I'm giving you advice for what you should do now.  Whether you fail or not is up to you, based on what you do now.  I'm not saying you failed at life.  I don't see any "I told you so"s.  But you're at a crossroads.  You can either decide to go back to being even more dependent on your parents, or you can choose to move forward and be productive on your own.  But I can all but guarantee that if you move back with your parents, things will not go as you envision them, and you'll be living at home, essentially unemployed for a while.

There is absolutely no good reason for you to move home.  You have a job.  I promise you now that I could come up with a budget for you to sustain yourself based on you staying in Utah.  That may mean getting a second job and cutting back on some of your luxuries, but it can be done.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #378 on: February 16, 2013, 09:55:41 PM »

Are you drinking, Bushie? "We", "we"? Who are we? You are thirty. This should be "I".

Concord Grape Raspberry V-8 V-Fusion Light.

And that costs money.  Water would be a heck of a lot cheaper.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #379 on: February 16, 2013, 09:57:52 PM »

I asked a direct question. I'd appreciate an answer from Mr. Oklahoma.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #380 on: February 16, 2013, 09:58:37 PM »

I am done with this conversation.  No matter what I say will please you and you'll just continue to yell at me.  I am moving back to Oklahoma and there is nothing anyone can stay to stop me.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #381 on: February 16, 2013, 10:01:04 PM »

I said nothing of Oklahoma or your recent life choices, my good man. I'd merely like your thoughts on my literary review.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #382 on: February 16, 2013, 10:01:50 PM »

I said nothing of Oklahoma or your recent life choices, my good man. I'd merely like your thoughts on my literary review.

I'm trying to make sense of it.  Sorry, my mind is a little foggy...
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #383 on: February 16, 2013, 10:02:38 PM »

You are an adult, and only you can make decisions for yourself. We can only give you advice and hope you consider it in your decision making process. At least sell the house for christ's sake. He begs it of you.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #384 on: February 16, 2013, 10:02:51 PM »

I am done with this conversation.  No matter what I say will please you and you'll just continue to yell at me.  I am moving back to Oklahoma and there is nothing anyone can stay to stop me.

Puerile.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #385 on: February 16, 2013, 10:06:37 PM »

Nobody is yelling at you.  But the fact that you have your mind set on this and you're not even willing to listen to input (and note - the input is unanimous that this is a bad idea... that should tell you something, considering the diversity amongst the group in political, economic, age, maturity, etc. factors) is a shame.  What's the point of having an update thread where people can post and talk with you if you refuse to listen?  If you enjoy telling others about yourself without having commentary, write a blog - start a YouTube channel or something.  We're trying to help you, Jeff, and instead, you're plugging your ears and yelling, "La la la! I can't hear you" as you squander your parents' money on things that 1) you don't need, and 2) are harmful toward your well-being.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #386 on: February 16, 2013, 10:22:25 PM »

Simfan, nice piece of fiction, well done. Smiley

Inks, I am hearing what everybody is saying.  I don't like this decision.  If it were completely up to me I would be staying in Utah and extending my apartment lease another 6 months.  But, I am not the only one paying my bills, so the decision is not mine and mine alone.  I am excited about the move, but only for the fact that I will be able to be back amongst my loved ones.  I will attest my dad's judgment makes me scratch my head, but when he gets an idea in his head, he's relentless about it.  Some may say this is a quick, on the fly decision.  We've actually been talking about it for a month now.  I've been pushing back and pushing back, but I can't push back any more.  While I am living under their roof, we will not be eating out every night.  We will actually be cooking healthy food and I'll see to it that we have more fruits and vegetables in the house.  I will get home either on February 28 or March 7.  I will take a few days to relax, but then I will get started looking for another job almost immediately.  I have a few possible leads down there that I will be following up on in March.  I will start looking at the vo-tech offerings for the Fall semester and will prepare to go to the Vo-Tech.  My hope is that if I can get a job by April 1, then I can go to work for 4 months, then add-in the vo-tech in there in August, and maybe be in a position to where I can at least get into an apartment by December or January.  By that time, I will have had 8 months at the same job and I start looking at moving up in the company and start making long term plans with or without Kenya.  Basically, what we're doing here is pressing the reset button.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #387 on: February 16, 2013, 10:26:07 PM »

You don't need to take money from your parents.  I am confident that you could sustain yourself.  After you pay your rent on your apartment, how much money, per month, is left over from your income?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #388 on: February 16, 2013, 10:26:45 PM »

If you just sell the house, wouldn't you be able to pay your rent and pay your bills in Utah, and thus not have to rely on your parents? How much is your rent?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #389 on: February 16, 2013, 10:28:51 PM »

You failed to discuss why you can't live within your means, after abandoning your house, or selling it. Of course, the idea of keeping the house vacant, while paying the mortgage, in your financial situation, with no equity, was nutter in the first instance. You are now saying you are helpless because of negative cash flow, when in fact, you had the power to make ends meet on your own. No, you want to go back to the womb, to the "loved ones," is the real reason, methinks.

It just doesn't make any sense Bushie. It's BS. Heck if I were making things up, I could do better than this to make it all more plausible. Really.

And I still don't get why you have such trouble telling the truth. Does that character flaw in you bother you at all?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #390 on: February 16, 2013, 10:32:22 PM »

I'm trying to make sense of it.  Sorry, my mind is a little foggy...

I'm sure we'll make sense of this all in good time.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #391 on: February 16, 2013, 10:36:33 PM »

Jeff, I'm being 100% sincere here... if you tell me some of your financial standing, I'll help you make a budget - I don't even have to know what you make a month; I just need to know how much you have leftover after you pay your apartment rent.  And is your car paid off?  If not, add that into the rent.  Your car insurance can't be more than what - $150/month?  Do you pay utilities or are they included in the rent?  I guarantee you can cut there - even if it's unplugging appliances at night.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #392 on: February 16, 2013, 10:36:55 PM »

So it seems the writers realized how awful the moving to Utah arc was, so they're not just undoing it and returning the show to its normal setting, they're doing it with a great twist too! A great cliffhanger to end this season!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #393 on: February 16, 2013, 10:39:51 PM »

And I still don't get why you have such trouble telling the truth. Does that character flaw in you bother you at all?

I'm still a bit unclear on the motive for lying as well.  What exactly does Bushie expect to happen that's so bad if he tells us the truth?  That's we'll criticize him?  If he's that thin-skinned, why make a thread like this?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #394 on: February 16, 2013, 10:42:24 PM »

Jeff, I'm being 100% sincere here... if you tell me some of your financial standing, I'll help you make a budget - I don't even have to know what you make a month; I just need to know how much you have leftover after you pay your apartment rent.  And is your car paid off?  If not, add that into the rent.  Your car insurance can't be more than what - $150/month?  Do you pay utilities or are they included in the rent?  I guarantee you can cut there - even if it's unplugging appliances at night.

I appreciate the sincerity, but now that I have given my intent to vacate notice, I cannot undo it.  So, I have to leave.  I'll be alright, Inks.  I know who I am and I know what I want to do, now I can finally start moving in that direction.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #395 on: February 16, 2013, 10:44:11 PM »

Not sure if anyone caught this in midst of all the chaos, so I'll be an attention whore and post it once more. It really is too perfect!

Holy hell, I have found actual footage of BushOklahoma's dad confronting the vandals!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMeED7mPY4k
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #396 on: February 16, 2013, 10:44:53 PM »

I don't see why people treat this like a series. It's much more of a volume format. These are not "seasons". These are books within a larger work. It is a massive Kafkaesque epic, so subtle that it took me until now to realize it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #397 on: February 16, 2013, 10:46:29 PM »

I'm still a bit unclear on the motive for lying as well.  What exactly does Bushie expect to happen that's so bad if he tells us the truth?  That's we'll criticize him?  If he's that thin-skinned, why make a thread like this?

Except, I haven't lied about anything in this "episode".  I have shared everything that has been going on and my intentions for making such a drastic and eye-brow raising move.  I am not thin-skinned.  I will admit, some of the wrangling the past couple of pages have gotten under my skin a bit, but a little water washes it right out!  This thread has really given a thicker skin.  I can take a whole lot more now than what I used to.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #398 on: February 16, 2013, 10:53:29 PM »

I appreciate the sincerity, but now that I have given my intent to vacate notice, I cannot undo it.  So, I have to leave.  I'll be alright, Inks.  I know who I am and I know what I want to do, now I can finally start moving in that direction.

They would probably let you take back your intent to vacate notice.  Look, Jeff... you can play games and mislead us and other people, and I suspect that that's what you do to your family... I know I wouldn't support a child who's in financial trouble because he refuses to stop "treating" himself to going out at least once a week, buy's beverages because he won't drink water, and takes time off when he could be working.  Maybe that seems cold-hearted to some; to me, it seems necessary.  Do your parents honestly know all of the reasons of why you're in financial trouble?  If not, you're misleading them, and you need to be 100% straight with them.  And that means 100% straight... everything on the table.  They shouldn't be able to ask a question when you're done talking without you being able to say, "I already addressed that."  And if you are misleading them, does it stop with them, or are you misleading yourself?  You brush your weekly dinner outings and V-8 drinks off as no big deal, but those all add up.  Until YOU know why you are unable to sustain yourself, the problem is unfixable.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #399 on: February 16, 2013, 10:54:29 PM »

Except, I haven't lied about anything in this "episode".  I have shared everything that has been going on and my intentions for making such a drastic and eye-brow raising move.  I am not thin-skinned.  I will admit, some of the wrangling the past couple of pages have gotten under my skin a bit, but a little water washes it right out!  This thread has really given a thicker skin.  I can take a whole lot more now than what I used to.

"Due to a second vandalism at my Midwest City home just today, I will be moving back to Oklahoma in March."

That was a lie.  You're moving home because your dad told you to.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 71  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies