Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:52:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 71
Author Topic: Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V  (Read 129154 times)
patrick1
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: February 16, 2013, 11:01:32 PM »

Rational advice to people acting irrationally is just a whole lot of pissing in the wind.  It is exasperating and really a HUGE waste of time.

Inks, a Suze Orman routine...  Telling him to work two jobs when he is struggling to hold one.

Jeff, moving back to OK can either be turned into a great decision or will continue your unprecedented string of bad decisions.  

Sometimes you have to lose everything to find yourself. Divest yourself of the house which is an anchor, shed unnecessary things, regroup, get fit physically and emotionally, decompress and develop a reasonable plan to build yourself back up again.

Or you could move back home, jump at the first soul crushing job that you are ill suited for, eat crap and just get lower.  Stop digging yourself deeper in the hole. Take a step back and figure out how to climb out. Your ego make take a hit for a while but realize that you can make things better.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #401 on: February 16, 2013, 11:03:42 PM »

Jeff, I'm being 100% sincere here... if you tell me some of your financial standing, I'll help you make a budget - I don't even have to know what you make a month; I just need to know how much you have leftover after you pay your apartment rent.  And is your car paid off?  If not, add that into the rent.  Your car insurance can't be more than what - $150/month?  Do you pay utilities or are they included in the rent?  I guarantee you can cut there - even if it's unplugging appliances at night.

I appreciate the sincerity, but now that I have given my intent to vacate notice, I cannot undo it.  So, I have to leave.  I'll be alright, Inks.  I know who I am and I know what I want to do, now I can finally start moving in that direction.

Oh my, now it all turns on that you have terminated your f'ing lease. That is an even more ludicrous excuse. You know, your landlord needs to rent the apartment to someone, maybe even continue it with you. Why not, unless you are behind on your rent. Are you? Better yet, look at the ads, and find a room in someone else's apartment. You either need to do that, or find a roommate for your pad, which entails more risk actually. I bet you could find a room somewhere for maybe $300 a month I bet.  This is a blessing in disguise really from that standpoint. Or is that just too Plebian a way to go for you?  Well actually this is a red herring, since you plan to change your situation for reasons probably not yet disclosed, given how ludicrous your story has been to date. But I get it, you are going back to Oklahoma, period. Yes, I get it.

Your excuses, all made up on the spot, and totally disingenuous,  get ever more pathetic. Sad.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #402 on: February 16, 2013, 11:04:17 PM »

And I still don't get why you have such trouble telling the truth. Does that character flaw in you bother you at all?

I'm still a bit unclear on the motive for lying as well.  What exactly does Bushie expect to happen that's so bad if he tells us the truth?  That's we'll criticize him?  If he's that thin-skinned, why make a thread like this?

Except, I haven't lied about anything in this "episode".  I have shared everything that has been going on and my intentions for making such a drastic and eye-brow raising move.  I am not thin-skinned.  I will admit, some of the wrangling the past couple of pages have gotten under my skin a bit, but a little water washes it right out!  This thread has really given a thicker skin.  I can take a whole lot more now than what I used to.

"Due to a second vandalism at my Midwest City home just today, I will be moving back to Oklahoma in March."

That was a lie.  You're moving home because your dad told you to.

Babysitting the house is also his idea.  You could say his idea is two-fold.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #403 on: February 16, 2013, 11:05:47 PM »

And I still don't get why you have such trouble telling the truth. Does that character flaw in you bother you at all?

I'm still a bit unclear on the motive for lying as well.  What exactly does Bushie expect to happen that's so bad if he tells us the truth?  That's we'll criticize him?  If he's that thin-skinned, why make a thread like this?

Except, I haven't lied about anything in this "episode".  I have shared everything that has been going on and my intentions for making such a drastic and eye-brow raising move.  I am not thin-skinned.  I will admit, some of the wrangling the past couple of pages have gotten under my skin a bit, but a little water washes it right out!  This thread has really given a thicker skin.  I can take a whole lot more now than what I used to.

No, you lied and told half truths Jeff, and just got caught at it. You don't want to litigate that. You will go down in flames, and be torn to shreds. Don't go there.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #404 on: February 16, 2013, 11:07:44 PM »

Bushie, will you confront the neighbors and tell them to stop using your shed as their personal sex cave?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #405 on: February 16, 2013, 11:09:53 PM »

Inks, a Suze Orman routine...  Telling him to work two jobs when he is struggling to hold one.

But he's not struggling to hold one because he can't work... he's struggling to hold one because he listens to the poor advice of his family and is impulsive and thinks things will always be better with the latest scheme.  That doesn't mean he's incapable of holding 2 jobs.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #406 on: February 16, 2013, 11:11:10 PM »

One thing I would prefer if I have to move back to Oklahoma and is bring things back to where they were before I moved to Utah.  I would like to keep the house, take it completely off the market, find a good job out there, still go to vo tech, and such like that and basically resume what I was doing albeit without a lot of the furniture.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #407 on: February 16, 2013, 11:11:29 PM »

"Due to a second vandalism at my Midwest City home just today, I will be moving back to Oklahoma in March."

That was a lie.  You're moving home because your dad told you to.

Babysitting the house is also his idea.  You could say his idea is two-fold.

Yes... you could have said that.  But you didn't.  Thus, you lied.  The fact that you can't even admit that you lied shows me that you are in fact deceiving not only your family, but also yourself.  You've become accustomed to lying so much that you are now actually believing your own lies.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #408 on: February 16, 2013, 11:13:13 PM »

One thing I would prefer if I have to move back to Oklahoma and is bring things back to where they were before I moved to Utah.  I would like to keep the house, take it completely off the market, find a good job out there, still go to vo tech, and such like that and basically resume what I was doing albeit without a lot of the furniture.

10 minutes ago you were saying you had no choice but to move back... now it's an "if"?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #409 on: February 16, 2013, 11:13:54 PM »

What if the thugs come back and beat you up (or worse)? It doesn't sound like a very good area to live in.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #410 on: February 16, 2013, 11:15:33 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2013, 11:17:24 PM by Beehive State Bushie »

One thing I would prefer if I have to move back to Oklahoma and is bring things back to where they were before I moved to Utah.  I would like to keep the house, take it completely off the market, find a good job out there, still go to vo tech, and such like that and basically resume what I was doing albeit without a lot of the furniture.

10 minutes ago you were saying you had no choice but to move back... now it's an "if"?

I mistyped.  I should have said "when".  I was using the word "if" not as a choice, but more as a "its not my idea, but since this is what we have to do"
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #411 on: February 16, 2013, 11:17:11 PM »

I mistyped.  I should have said "when".

So, you never responded to my more important post... do your parents know that you eat out once a week, refuse to drink only water, and took voluntary time off?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #412 on: February 16, 2013, 11:17:54 PM »

So, you never responded to my more important post... do your parents know that you eat out once a week, refuse to drink only water, and took voluntary time off?

Yes, yes, and yes.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #413 on: February 16, 2013, 11:18:21 PM »

Some of the stuff Jamespol is posting on facebook is just priceless.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #414 on: February 16, 2013, 11:19:03 PM »

Dearest Bushie, let us face it. You have never got it. You will never have got it, you will never get it, et cœtera, et cœtera, et cœtera. Let us not encircle ourselves in trying to avoid or comprehend this fact, but rather move forwards and try to find a "path" for you stemming from that fact.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #415 on: February 16, 2013, 11:21:16 PM »

Dearest Bushie, let us face it. You have never got it. You will never have got it, you will never get it, et cœtera, et cœtera, et cœtera. Let us not encircle ourselves in trying to avoid or comprehend this fact, but rather move forwards and try to find a "path" for you stemming from that fact.

[buzzer sounds] Incorrect [crowd sighs]
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #416 on: February 16, 2013, 11:23:44 PM »

Bush, you still haven't answered me. Are you at all concerned about actually having to deal with these people who keep busting up stuff at your house? Will you be armed?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #417 on: February 16, 2013, 11:24:56 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2013, 11:30:04 PM by Simfan34 »

Let us face the issue presenting itself before us- Bushie shall never answer any of our questions in a manner deemed "substantive" or "satisfactory".
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #418 on: February 16, 2013, 11:25:31 PM »

But he's not struggling to hold one because he can't work... he's struggling to hold one because he listens to the poor advice of his family and is impulsive and thinks things will always be better with the latest scheme.  That doesn't mean he's incapable of holding 2 jobs.

This can get me some infraction points but my general concern here is that Bushie is not in the best health. From the aggregate of everything he posted on here I would think he has some form of anxiety or mood disorder.  I think were he to get himself fit, he could succeed at one job and even two. Right now, not the one.  Life can overwhelm anyone and it can completely swamp those who do not look after themselves.

The lies, self delusional flights of fancy, and the bouts of depression are all very familiar and I don't think this is just me projecting.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #419 on: February 16, 2013, 11:25:57 PM »

Yes, yes, and yes.

Well then the fact that they are still supporting your habits points to the likeliness that they are financially irrational as well--maybe not to the point that you are, but that's not normal.  That goes beyond charity.  You may not see it, but you're taking advantage of them.  Taking money from your parents should be a last resort when you want to be independent, especially if, as you claim, your father's job prospects could be on shaky ground.  If I were in your position, I would be eating ramen noodles every night and dog sitting for every neighbor I could find, not taking money from my dad who may not have money in a few months.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #420 on: February 16, 2013, 11:27:09 PM »

This can get me some infraction points but my general concern here is that Bushie is not in the best health. From the aggregate of everything he posted on here I would think he has some form of anxiety or mood disorder.  I think were he to get himself fit, he could succeed at one job and even two. Right now, not the one.  Life can overwhelm anyone and it can completely swamp those who do not look after themselves.

The lies, self delusional flights of fancy, and the bouts of depression are all very familiar and I don't think this is just me projecting.

Fair enough--he may not be in a position to take on 2 jobs immediately, but eating healthier and less would save his money and improve his health.  He could drop the pounds a lot quicker than his is (if he even is - it's been a while since that's been updated).
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #421 on: February 16, 2013, 11:33:00 PM »

Fair enough--he may not be in a position to take on 2 jobs immediately, but eating healthier and less would save his money and improve his health.  He could drop the pounds a lot quicker than his is (if he even is - it's been a while since that's been updated).

That is treating the symptoms not the cause. Exercise and good diet certainly help holistically but it is just a piece of the equation, imho.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #422 on: February 16, 2013, 11:38:20 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2013, 11:40:06 PM by Beehive State Bushie »

But he's not struggling to hold one because he can't work... he's struggling to hold one because he listens to the poor advice of his family and is impulsive and thinks things will always be better with the latest scheme.  That doesn't mean he's incapable of holding 2 jobs.

Fair enough--he may not be in a position to take on 2 jobs immediately, but eating healthier and less would save his money and improve his health.  He could drop the pounds a lot quicker than his is (if he even is - it's been a while since that's been updated).

I will admit that there are times when I think I am mildly bi-polar.  I do tend to go from one mood extreme to the other in my personal life, often within a manner of minutes.  That may explain a lot of what has happened in the past and even now.  I'm too scared to go get tested for bi-polar as I know my ex-fiancee' Susan had to spend $3,000 a month for medicine if it weren't for her Medicaid.  I am also afraid that a bi-polar diagnosis would automatically condemn me to being a bachelor the rest of my life and dying alone.  Now, mind you, I am only bi-polar in private.  In public or even with just one other person in the room, I am very mellow and usually very kind and thoughtful.

The worst mood I have around others is just being a little cranky from time to time.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #423 on: February 16, 2013, 11:55:45 PM »

No offense, Jeff, but you clearly have something wrong with you - the lying isn't normal.  Running from a diagnosis will only do more harm.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #424 on: February 16, 2013, 11:59:14 PM »
« Edited: February 17, 2013, 12:03:04 AM by Torie »

Oh, a whole new twist here. Oh my. Following however the plot line, as to mental illness ...

Bi-polarism varies in severity, but is a psychosis, a biological mental disease requiring meds to function, and if not dealt with at Jeff's age can progress to dangerous levels, even suicide.

Jeff is worried as a non functioning grossly overweight immature individual, that he won't be able to find a wife unless on top of that he is an undiagnosed psychotic, where if he has it, and treats it,  and functions better, and is able to hold a job, and drops the flab, his chances of finding a mate will go up exponentially, particularly in the fundamentalist Christian circles in which he runs. Untreated, he now has two health dangers, one from being obese, and the other from suicide, or other highly destructive behaviors arising from bi-polarism. Unfortunately, due to my own little family issues, I felt constrained to take a 12 week course on mental illness. Between that and my DUI classes on substance abuse, I entered a whole new world of knowledge. It was pretty scary.

But Jeff just wonders about it.  It may just be an excuse that was put on his plate here, or maybe not. If it is real, this is serious stuff. Psychosis is serious stuff, and Jeff is at the right age to enter this terrible world, and see it worsen, unless dealt with, with well what - courage actually, that other virtue that has such value to me.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 71  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies