Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:22:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 71
Author Topic: Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V  (Read 129184 times)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: February 22, 2013, 12:11:15 AM »

We're just trying to hit reset on my career before I get too old.  I was going nowhere in the position I was in and likely would have been passed up for quite a few things as I am not LDS.

You're over 30 and you're referring to career decisions using 'we'... unless you're in a relationship or you're using the royal 'we'. Your parents, who clearly don't know what they're talking about, need to back off. And if you're not strong enough to tell them to back off and respect you as an adult... then you're a totally lost cause.
I disagree with you on one point... this is not his parents disrespecting him- it is the other way around. If he milks his parents for all they're worth- they have a right to have a say in what he does...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #701 on: February 22, 2013, 12:14:21 AM »

He's buying a new A/C unit for that damn house? Those things are not cheap! Just let it go. Stop throwing good mony after bad.

We're hoping the insurance company will pay for it since it was a theft.  If they don't, then we won't buy an A/C on our own.  We are not going to spend $7500 with no reimbursement or insurance payout.
Hoping? Have you not called the insurance company to see if it's covered? The A/C theft was a while ago. If your policy doesn't cover it, and you don't plan on replacing it, that's something a prospective buyer is going to want to know.

I'll be calling them early this next week to make sure.  I will admit, I've slacked off on that.

Why not call tomorrow?  It's not like you're doing anything else...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #702 on: February 22, 2013, 12:16:49 AM »

I must answer a point that Inks has been harping on.  The car registration/drivers license/license plates.  Under Utah law I had 90 days to change all those over once I first got into the state, so since I was there for nearly 6 months, I would have had to change my stuff over before December 3, anyway.  So, that's really a moot point.

No... my point was that it was stupid for you to now move back after you made your move essentially permanent.

Plus, why did you move back for your house if you're not living there?  Do you think the vandals will actually notice you driving by twice a day?  That does nothing to stop them.  You could've put up a cheap webcam and done more monitoring from Utah than you're doing now.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #703 on: February 22, 2013, 12:19:22 AM »

We're just trying to hit reset on my career before I get too old.  I was going nowhere in the position I was in and likely would have been passed up for quite a few things as I am not LDS.

You've been hitting reset every 6 months.  Jeff, if you had shown up to the job fair we just had, and I saw your resume with all those jobs, I wouldn't hire you, and that's a food service job!

And now a new excuse... religious discrimination?  Come on - just man up and stick with a job for a year.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #704 on: February 22, 2013, 12:19:34 AM »

You're over 30 and you're referring to career decisions using 'we'... unless you're in a relationship or you're using the royal 'we'. Your parents, who clearly don't know what they're talking about, need to back off. And if you're not strong enough to tell them to back off and respect you as an adult... then you're a totally lost cause.

I don't have a strong backbone to tell my parents to back off, especially when they're genuinely trying to help me.  I will admit that sometimes they're advice baffles me.  Now that I'm home I can't move back to Utah, I have to look forward.  I will start looking with the help of the Sunday paper for a job this next week.  I will also start looking at vo tech programs and see if I can find a summer class so I can get started a couple of months earlier.  I am going to my parents church starting Sunday so I can network with fellow worshippers who can maybe point me to a good place to work.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #705 on: February 22, 2013, 12:20:57 AM »

Do you guys think insulting my parents will cause me to take a second look.  What's done is done and there is zero need to keep pounding me over and over and over and insulting my parents.

Jeff, no offense, but your parents are worse than you.  Not only do they approve of your absolutely ridiculous practices, but they FUND THEM.  It's like giving money to the phony TV preacher, except at least the TV preacher has had his job or years.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #706 on: February 22, 2013, 12:23:05 AM »

I don't have a strong backbone to tell my parents to back off, especially when they're genuinely trying to help me.  I will admit that sometimes they're advice baffles me.  Now that I'm home I can't move back to Utah, I have to look forward.  I will start looking with the help of the Sunday paper for a job this next week.  I will also start looking at vo tech programs and see if I can find a summer class so I can get started a couple of months earlier.  I am going to my parents church starting Sunday so I can network with fellow worshippers who can maybe point me to a good place to work.

Here's a better idea... quit slacking off and posting on the forum and go look for job postings online RIGHT NOW.  If you want to turn your life around, quit stalling and delaying everything.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #707 on: February 22, 2013, 12:23:49 AM »

I will briefly defend Bushie and say that there are actually many challenges of being a non-Mormon in Utah.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #708 on: February 22, 2013, 12:26:36 AM »

I will briefly defend Bushie and say that there are actually many challenges of being a non-Mormon in Utah.

I'm not disputing that, but 1) he should've thought about that before moving out there; and 2) he's raising the issue now as a further excuse.  He wasn't close to being promoted anyway.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #709 on: February 22, 2013, 12:48:42 AM »

Just thought I'd reiterate this:

This is the only thing that makes any sense. His story he is telling us is merely made up to save face. Eventually, he will come clean. He always does. It will just take a few days.

That's right, and when he does come clean, he always treats his untruths/mistakes as no big deal.  Like, "Oh, yes, I made this huge blunder.  But I have nothing to learn from that.  It wasn't really a big deal, and it's all in the past now."

While he hasn't actually admitted to lying in this case, the underlying pattern is the same.  When people confront him with the force of logic about what a mistake he's making, he proceeds anyway, and then we get to the stage that we're at now, where his defense is "Well, it's in the past now.  I can't change it.  I've moved back to Oklahoma, and what's done is done, so stop wasting your breath."

He'll of course keep doing this.  Next time he explains a poor decision, we'll explain why it's wrong, and then he'll say "I've made up my mind.  You're not going to convince me that this is a mistake."  And then he'll make the decision, it'll become obvious that it was a mistake, and his response will be "What's done is done.  I can't change it now."
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #710 on: February 22, 2013, 12:58:06 AM »

Anyway, lets change the subject.  Enough of the attacks.  I will be fine.  I've been fine for many years.  My life is not screwed up like has been previously mentioned.  I am a little impulsive on the decision making, but it doesn't mean I have bad judgement, nor do my parents.  God has seen me through many mistakes in the past and I have no doubt He will see me through this one, which I still don't think its a mistake.  Its not the choice I would have made on my own.  If it were all up to me, which it shouild be, but is not then I would be heading to work in about 6 hours and would have extended my apartment lease another six months.  Anyway, I've got a busy weekend ahead, but I do plan on getting started looking on Sunday.  I've got several places to call tomorrow and we're going to Shawnee as a family for lunch at Cracker Barrel and a trip to Walmart.  Saturday is a lot of rearranging and getting my room ready to go.  I will be looking online as well the next two evenings.  I do plan on looking really heavy next week.

Let's be clear.  I did not want to come back to Oklahoma and I was prepared to suspend the job search for the next 12-18 months and continue on with the status quo.  I enjoyed my job in Utah and I worked for the best boss anybody could ever ask for.  Since my parents are helping me out, I could not turn my Dad down.  Mom thinks I should have given it another 6-9 months, at minimum, but Dad overpowered both of us.  Oh well, what's done is done and two wrongs don't make a right, so I am going to find a job as fast as I can, and try to be into an apartment of my own by Christmas if not the Autumn.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #711 on: February 22, 2013, 01:00:34 AM »

Am I missing these "attacks"? I don't see them.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #712 on: February 22, 2013, 01:02:32 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well, I am not quite done yet. With a couple of exceptions maybe, nobody understands why it was essential for you to take money from your parents while you were employed in Utah. Nobody.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #713 on: February 22, 2013, 01:06:00 AM »
« Edited: February 22, 2013, 01:08:15 AM by Torie »

I did "attack" him (spoiled, narcissism). I admit it. And I blamed his parents basically for that (good "Christian"  intentions,  as defined in that most foreign world to me that they no doubt had). I admit that too. Sure one never knows for sure why Jeff is the way he is.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #714 on: February 22, 2013, 01:08:18 AM »

I could understand if you were living in California or New York, but you can survive on minimum wage in Utah. And you made more than that, correct?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #715 on: February 22, 2013, 01:08:41 AM »

I did "attack" him (spoiled, narcissism). I admit it. And I blamed his parents basically for that. I admit that too. Sure one never knows for sure why Jeff is the way he is.

If I made numerous popular threads "updating" an internet forum on the daily goings on of my life, I'm not sure those two "attacks" would be too surprising to me Tongue
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #716 on: February 22, 2013, 01:09:36 AM »

I do plan on looking really heavy next week.

I think you can avoid that depending on whether you wear horizontal or vertical stripes, but I can never remember which of them makes you look more heavy.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #717 on: February 22, 2013, 01:33:07 AM »

Anyway, lets change the subject.  Enough of the attacks.  I will be fine.  I've been fine for many years.  My life is not screwed up like has been previously mentioned.  I am a little impulsive on the decision making, but it doesn't mean I have bad judgement, nor do my parents.  God has seen me through many mistakes in the past and I have no doubt He will see me through this one, which I still don't think its a mistake.  Its not the choice I would have made on my own.  If it were all up to me, which it shouild be, but is not then I would be heading to work in about 6 hours and would have extended my apartment lease another six months.  Anyway, I've got a busy weekend ahead, but I do plan on getting started looking on Sunday.  I've got several places to call tomorrow and we're going to Shawnee as a family for lunch at Cracker Barrel and a trip to Walmart.  Saturday is a lot of rearranging and getting my room ready to go.  I will be looking online as well the next two evenings.  I do plan on looking really heavy next week.

Let's be clear.  I did not want to come back to Oklahoma and I was prepared to suspend the job search for the next 12-18 months and continue on with the status quo.  I enjoyed my job in Utah and I worked for the best boss anybody could ever ask for.  Since my parents are helping me out, I could not turn my Dad down.  Mom thinks I should have given it another 6-9 months, at minimum, but Dad overpowered both of us.  Oh well, what's done is done and two wrongs don't make a right, so I am going to find a job as fast as I can, and try to be into an apartment of my own by Christmas if not the Autumn.

Bushie,

The above is a major part of your problem.  You refuse to admit the decision making and the judgement of you and your parents have been wrong.  They have been wrong, period.  Being well intentioned (which I'm sure it is) doesn't mean the decision making or the judgement is right.  You aren't going to get it right unless you learn from your mistakes, and you can never learn from the mistakes unless you admit you made them, until you admit the Judgement was wrong. 

Also, the God will see you through this stuff has got to stop.  This isn't meant as an attack on your religion since I'm sure that is what you are going to complain about.  This is more about you relying on YOURSELF more than anything about God, your parents or anyone else. 
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #718 on: February 22, 2013, 05:51:29 AM »
« Edited: February 22, 2013, 02:57:48 PM by EraserDEAD »

We're just trying to hit reset on my career before I get too old.  I was going nowhere in the position I was in and likely would have been passed up for quite a few things as I am not LDS.

I don't have a strong backbone to tell my parents to back off, especially when they're genuinely trying to help me.  I will admit that sometimes they're advice baffles me.  Now that I'm home I can't move back to Utah, I have to look forward.  I will start looking with the help of the Sunday paper for a job this next week.  I will also start looking at vo tech programs and see if I can find a summer class so I can get started a couple of months earlier.  I am going to my parents church starting Sunday so I can network with fellow worshippers who can maybe point me to a good place to work.

The sunday paper? Really?

Does Oklahoma not have the internet yet (and if it doesn't how are you even posting on here)?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #719 on: February 22, 2013, 06:51:09 AM »

I disagree with you on one point... this is not his parents disrespecting him- it is the other way around. If he milks his parents for all they're worth- they have a right to have a say in what he does...

I think in a normal circumstance, you'd be right. But there is nothing normal about this. His parents are a big reason why he's like he is, and they support him in his bad decisions. They're his enablers.

His parents seem to use emotional blackmail and his financial dependency to control him... and he's not strong enough... again this is not a normal scenario.

No doubt he'll disagree and think I'm attacking his parents etc etc... I'm only responding to the evidence I've seen.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #720 on: February 22, 2013, 09:15:32 AM »

You'll never get a raise if you can't hold a job for 6 months. Why can't you understand that your resume is a mess? And with every new job, it gets worse.
Exactly...

This is what I've tried to tell you... You are acting very foolish by expecting a promotion almost immediately after starting at a company, particularly when that company has good reason to believe you'll be gone in a few months- which they gather by looking at your resume! Why would a company promote some one and invest in that person if their history shows them to lack loyalty to any prior place of employment?

I wasn't asking for a promotion.  I was just asking if there was a raise when I got on permanent.  His reply was no, and there were no raises unless I got a promotion.  I wasn't asking for one.

But didn't you tell us last season that they were going to put you on permanent, and put you on a fast track for promotion?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #721 on: February 22, 2013, 09:21:08 AM »

You'll never get a raise if you can't hold a job for 6 months. Why can't you understand that your resume is a mess? And with every new job, it gets worse.
Exactly...

This is what I've tried to tell you... You are acting very foolish by expecting a promotion almost immediately after starting at a company, particularly when that company has good reason to believe you'll be gone in a few months- which they gather by looking at your resume! Why would a company promote some one and invest in that person if their history shows them to lack loyalty to any prior place of employment?

I wasn't asking for a promotion.  I was just asking if there was a raise when I got on permanent.  His reply was no, and there were no raises unless I got a promotion.  I wasn't asking for one.

But didn't you tell us last season that they were going to put you on permanent, and put you on a fast track for promotion?

Stop trying to get him on small technicalities.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #722 on: February 22, 2013, 09:42:31 AM »

Anyway, lets change the subject.  Enough of the attacks.  I will be fine.  I've been fine for many years.  My life is not screwed up like has been previously mentioned.  .

You left your job, because some teens thought it would be fun to do naughty things in your pleasure palace shed... so you are going to drive past your house to make sure its okay. You're not fine. You haven't been fine for many years. When are you going to realize this and get help? Just tell us that your parents were paying your bills in Utah, and they couldn't afford it anymore. Your "attacks" would stop if you stoped lying. And if you're telling us the truth that this is the reason, than you really need to stop falling back on your parents and seek help.

Exactly...

Stop trying to get him on small technicalities.

Lulz!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #723 on: February 22, 2013, 09:54:57 AM »

Someone should do a commentary track on each of Bushie's posts in the Update thread, with their own personal theories about what really happened, or what he's really trying to say.  Like:

Let's be clear.  I did not want [wanted] to come back to Oklahoma and I was prepared to suspend the job search for the next 12-18 months and[never going to] continue on with the status quo.  I enjoyed my job in Utah [except for the fact that they didn't give me a raise for breathing] and I worked for the best boss anybody could ever ask for [until he fired me].

OK, that one was rather clunky, but you get the idea.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #724 on: February 22, 2013, 11:15:39 AM »

I feel better this morning after some sleep.  I was a little grumpy last night so I apologize for coming across harsh and defensive.  Anyway, I'm going to change the narrative and start talking about something else.  This whole back and forth about what I should have done in Utah is now a moot point, really.  I'm prepared to say it was a mistake and probably would have been better served in staying put.  Since I've already come home, I've now got to look at the future and from my vantage point, the future looks bright.  I will be looking for a job in the next couple of days both online and in the Sunday paper and hope to be out of Mom and Dad's house in 6 months or so.  I'm not worried about it and there is no need to worry about it.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 71  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies