Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:38:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17
Author Topic: Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V  (Read 129280 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« on: February 01, 2013, 07:22:25 PM »

Bushie: The final frontier, these are the voyages of the Starship Bushie.  Its continuing mission to explore strange new worlds, seek out new life forms and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 08:01:15 PM »

My claim to fame: I was the last person to ever begin posting in Season IV. I was shocked when I hit submit and saw the thread was locked!

I was talking to my brother today about you - he also has an interest in Kenya and is going there soon. He asked me, and I wasn't sure, so I figured I'd ask this question to you: What do you do when you're in Kenya?

I work at the Maisha International Orphanage in Kisumu, Kenya in the Western Part of the country near Lake Victoria and the Ugandan border.  I just help with the building projects on the grounds, the medical clinic, even computer support as there is a computer lab on the Maisha grounds and mainly just love on the kids and the widows and let them they're not alone in the fight and that someone 10,000 miles away in the Midwest/Southwest United States loves them and more importantly that there is a God who loves them.  The same God that created the entire universe and spoke it into existence, the same God that called Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and started the nation of Israel is the same God that loves them individually, sent His Son to die for them, knows the very number of hairs on their head.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 08:03:57 PM »

Does this mean this is the final season? If so, is that a foreshadowing to BushOk finding a wife and moving to Kenya to adopt his children?

No, this is not the final season.  I fully intend on at least Season VI, but we'll just have to wait and see how the season goes.  Star Trek V is called "The Final Frontier" and where the modified quote came from to lead off this season, but as we all know it was not the final movie even for TOS.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 08:55:36 PM »

Duke and Fezzy, get your minds out of the gutter. Tongue

I have had 5 hours sleep in the last 36 hours along with 20 hours of work during that span.  I have been running on fumes since I got home from work, heck, I've been running on fumes of fumes...  The fumes are rapidly drying up.  I am raising the white flag and am going to go on to bed.  It is only 19:00 MST, but I'd better hit the sac now, before I do a face plant on the keyboard...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 10:06:43 AM »

Good Saturday Morning! I slept for 12 hours straight and feel rested.  I went to bed at roughly 7:30 and got up at 7:30. I hated to throw away my Friday night like that, but I think the paycheck I will get next Friday will be worth it!  I am primarily going to watch College Basketball today, but I will do laundry and clean my kitchen later, as well.  Or, at least that's the plan. Smiley  I do need to make a quick trip to Walmart later after it warms up to get things for dinner, but that shouldn't take too long.  This has not been a good week in terms of working out, but I still managed to lose 1.5 lbs mainly through diet.  I'm up to 4.5 pounds altogether since I started this endeavor two weeks ago tonight.  I will be working out later tonight.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 01:57:56 PM »

I just put my father's birthday card in the mail.  His birthday is Sunday, February 10, 2013.  61 years young!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 02:03:58 PM »

One of my college suitemates is 30 and his dad is late 70s/early 80s.  Of course, he is the youngest of 5 children and his oldest sibling is in her 50s.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 07:39:11 PM »

My moderator review from last October has been completely eradicated.  All the points have rolled off and I'm just left with three new points for "trolling" in my "Are Christians Stupid" thread on the religion board.  Apparently, Gustaf thought the original post was mild trolling.  Still only got 3 points from it, so I'm alright with it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 08:28:03 PM »

When you send money to Kenya, how do you do it. Do you just give it to the orphange or what?

Yes, I go through the Orphanage.  Its all tax deductible.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 11:08:26 PM »

When you send money to Kenya, how do you do it. Do you just give it to the orphange or what?

Yes, I go through the Orphanage.  Its all tax deductible.
I certainly hope you have some trustworthy people working there.

Very trustworthy!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2013, 11:09:13 PM »

Jeff, you forgot your disclaimer in the first post...

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents are either the product of the author's imagination, or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, business establishments, events, or locales is entirely coincidental.

Haha!  I'll let this be the disclaimer. Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2013, 11:10:26 PM »

I was going to work out at 10:30/11:00 tonight, but I think I will workout a little sooner than that so I don't chicken out or make some lousy excuse. Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2013, 11:56:18 PM »

Work out for tonight is over! Just light body core again tonight. My back started hurting halfway through, so I was only able to do half the workout as I didn't want to injure anything. No work out tomorrow night because of the Super Bowl and having to get to bed soon after the game. Next work out before the Biggest Loser TV Show on Monday.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2013, 12:22:24 AM »

How is the eating going? Any breakdowns? Trips to Dennys?

The eating is going alright.  I made a trip to Village Inn last Saturday morning and a trip to Golden Corral this evening, but other than that I'm eating alright.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2013, 12:24:28 AM »

As of this morning, I have lost 4.5 lbs since I started all this 2 weeks ago.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2013, 12:46:49 AM »

The eating is going alright.  I made a trip to Village Inn last Saturday morning and a trip to Golden Corral this evening, but other than that I'm eating alright.

Oh no! The Golden Corral! And I've never seen a Village Inn but it looks like an IHOP/Dennys type place! How naughty, BushOK!

Yes, Village Inn is a IHOP/Dennys type diner.  I tend to treat myself once a week.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2013, 12:54:50 AM »

Oh no! The Golden Corral! And I've never seen a Village Inn but it looks like an IHOP/Dennys type place! How naughty, BushOK!

Yes, Village Inn is a IHOP/Dennys type diner.  I tend to treat myself once a week.

You treat yourself to Village Inn once a week?

Not only to the Village Inn, but I vary my dining, but all probably equally as unhealthy as  Village Inn.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2013, 12:57:08 AM »

What is Village Inn? They don''t have those around here, or if they do, I have never seen one.

Like Dennys or IHOP, it is a diner that specializes in breakfast food.  They also bake and sell pies of all flavors.  The pies leave something to be desired and calorie regret, but the breakfast is really good.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2013, 01:29:38 AM »

You treat yourself to Village Inn once a week?

Not only to the Village Inn, but I vary my dining, but all probably equally as unhealthy as  Village Inn.

So you claim you treat yourself once a week, yet you ate out twice in one day?

No no, the Village Inn was last Saturday, January 26.  The Golden Corral was this evening, Saturday, February 2.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2013, 01:38:05 AM »

The pies are only 500-800 calories a slice. The carrot cake is 1300 for some reason. The nutrition info is really hard to find. I had to Google it because their site really doesn't give a link for it.

Another reason I don't touch the pies.  I get enough calories from the food, I don't need to break the camels back with another 500 calories!  When I eat out, I generally eat light so as to minimize the calories while still satisfying my craving.  I hate feeling miserably full for the next few hours, so I just eat somewhat light and stop when I am satisfied.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2013, 01:44:24 AM »

At Village Inn, I had two eggs, two slices of bacon, and two pancakes.  At the Golden Corral I had a slice or two of ham, a couple spoonfuls of mashed potatoes and white gravy, and a scoop of stuffing.  For dessert, I had a small bowl of soft Vanilla Frozen Yogurt.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2013, 01:55:57 AM »

Oh BushOK! There's nothing green in that!

Except from little celery chips in the stuffing, nope!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2013, 03:14:13 PM »

I am going to assume you are eating green things when you are not "treating yourself," amirite?

Most of the time.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2013, 05:35:17 PM »

I am going to assume you are eating green things when you are not "treating yourself," amirite?

Most of the time.

So take us through the week.  What green things have you eaten?  And no, a Shamrock shake does not count.

Sometimes, I'll heat up a can of English Peas and have that a couple nights.  Other times, it will be a can of corn (not green, but still a veggie).  Occasionally, a can of green beans.  I usually add in some lean meat in there by frying a hamburger patty, not for a hamburger, but just as a patty of meat along with the vegetables.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2013, 07:48:06 PM »

I haven't learned how to steam fresh veggies, yet, so I take what I know how to do for the time being until I learn how to do more.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies